ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Can we all agree that Complex is the best multiplayer level?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Can we all agree that Complex is the best multiplayer level? Reply with quote Back to top

Complex to me is basically tops. To this day, I think it's hard to beat on any game. It's just crazy and so well balanced. So, let's all have a group cheer for your and my favorite level in GoldenEye. Thanks for agreeing with me. Wink

john lennon
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is an alright level not one of my favourites bt it still is good.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like Complex much at all. Or Caves.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, he doesn't like Caves... Razz
The Complex is a great multiplayer stage. It's the most recognizable of the made-for-multi maps that Rare had designed for GoldenEye. Modellers have remade it a thousand times for every PC first-person shooter you can mod. It is certainly a classic and well worth a cheer. Wink

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Complex roxorz

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yea dude complex is the crap!!! My favorite level ever, i'll never forget it!

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Complex isn't my favourite (Temple, or maybe Egyptian) in GE, but it is very good. I do think that many of the best multiplayer maps of all time are in GE (and PD), as they're not only well thought out and easy to navigate, but they aren't hampered by decorative "features" that simply serve to break up the flow of the gameplay.

It could be argued that we were lucky that Rare had to work with the N64's limited power, since it forced them to leave out the graphically amazing but gameplay damaging features that maps in later games feature so prominently. This is just one reason why I prefer the original (1999) Unreal Tournament on the PC, to any other UT game. I am hoping that UT2007 will do away with the fancy looking statues, light colums, recesses in the walls (that you can't dodge into, for some reason) and other things that limit the players movement. I'm hoping, but I'm not expecting Crying or Very sad

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the weapon too. I think I would take it over the Temple or Caverns if it was one level I 'always' had to play or something. There's plenty of rooms like the collumns and hiding places.

The downside is there is too much armor in the original version and it is a little too vibrant, but all of this has been fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer Facility.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

finally, another complex fan!

its my favorite, hands down. i like it with proxies... under the bridge and in the wall-gap things... yup. good level.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i would have to agree that complex is the 'definitive' multiplayer level...so well created

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! Wow, haven't seen you here in a while. Angus rox. But yeah Complex, amazing. I can't tell you how many hundreds of memorable games we've had in that level.

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Thanks! Wow, haven't seen you here in a while. Angus rox. But yeah Complex, amazing. I can't tell you how many hundreds of memorable games we've had in that level.

*sigh* the nostalgia....thats where i got my first kill 9 years ago (it was with pistols and i had the magnum). it makes me so sad remembering it so long ago...

on the postive note the setup operator is amazing! that just shows that a game this good will never die.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: