ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

7 (oops, I mean 8 ) years..actually, make that 13 years
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
It's impressive that a game can keep people around that long. Of course, not everyone has stuck here, but there are definitely some dedicated members who have. Here's to another decade? Hey, you just never know!

Please excuse my hijacking this thread for a moment, but Wreck, did you get my pm from a week or two ago, in response to your pm to me?

Normal service in this thread is now resumed! Wink

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ten years of membership? That's really impressive actually, especially considering a decade is about half of my entire life...
Yeah, I'm definitely a lot 'newer' to this forum, having joined in 2012. I used to be quite active though, posting fairly frequently and releasing custom levels for GoldenEyeVault, continuously learning to improve. But after 3-4 years, I'm still a novice!
Unfortunately, I've become sort of 'inactive' as time went by. Server errors frequently prevent me from accessing this site (sometimes the error remains for a whole month), and due to my busy life as a student, I haven't been able to keep up with all the new things this wonderful community has discovered.
But I have to admit; it's really nice to see that 'the old crew' is still in business and continues to keep the fire of passion and fascination burning. I hope this continues to be the case for yet another decade!
Kind regards to you all, and thanks for all the wonderful years, whether it's decade or just 3 years Wink

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SilverEye !! I still must record me doing your Train mission in your AMAZING campaign to show how clueless I still am ={ Also too bad I recall one of the missions does not load in console

Cheers awl !!!

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All that time really is a milestone.

I was talking with a friend about the nature of people on forums and how this one has seen lots of us grow, break free, expand to new territories, crash through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh... well, there it is. Over the time people here have become industry professionals, started families, really got noticed, and also attracted a wealth of brilliance to the forum itself.

I think it's that background of everyone involved that makes this group of ours that little bit more than the standard forum which tends to be "brittle" in its single-minded focus.

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Time flies by so fast it's almost frightening when I think about it.
In a few days, it would mark a decade since I've joined this forum.

This is my first forum and I was only 11 at that time. I was fairly annoying because I posted so much and sometimes fought with other users due to my immature behavior.
Now I'm old enough to drink and gamble, and have a completely different behavior and set of beliefs.

Recently, I read through my earlier posts and some of them made me laugh while others made me cringe.
I'm glad that I matured and improved on my English grammar skills.

Wreck wrote:
It's impressive that a game can keep people around that long. Of course, not everyone has stuck here, but there are definitely some dedicated members who have. Here's to another decade? Hey, you just never know!

Goldeneye was the first FPS video game I've played, and I'll never forget it along with this forum. Very Happy
Here's to another decade!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dang. 13 years on this site as of last month.

We're gettin' old!

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to hear you're well BMW! I was actually talking to a friend about this community not too long ago, and you pickup a snippet here and there about peoples real lives - we've all largely become professionals in one industry or another, and all really diverse. Not many communities get to boast that either!

Here's to another five!

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's hard to find room for improvement sometimes when something is designed well.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Maxout

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For those of you who had doubts, I did at first. Even when I didn't think I could contribute much I know I did. I've posted things to help others or inspire myself to keep trying. I'm not the fastest, smartest, or even strongest person here. Though my wisdom and dedication feel second to none. I hope it has helped others despite my personality flaws.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:

Here's to another five!

February 2019. Now February 2024.

That five has come and gone!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:
MRKane wrote:

Here's to another five!

February 2019. Now February 2024.

That five has come and gone!

And what a miserable five years it's been. Not just Covid, the world-wide recession, the Russia/Ukrane war, etc, but also the fact that everything just seems so much more miserable than it was five years ago.

kholdfuzion
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It will be 17 years on here come October....That's crazy to think about. I mostly just lurked absorbing knowledge until pretty recently though.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

14 for me.
I was on RWP before here though and it was only GF64 that made me move hahaha.
so, including RWP would be 19 years.

Trev

p.s.
I had not remembered I already posted in this thread 8 years ago... wow...

kholdfuzion
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

July 2005 for RWP here so also 19

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, been ghosting here longer than some of you have been alive ;*)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: