ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This looks brilliant! I'm really stoked for the Perfect Dark releases, as then I can finally get to play them (you have to love the sims!).

Angry Edit:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I managed to get out of work early, as I wanted to get home (well, where I'm staying now, as I'm working away from home) to try the War: Colors map on Goldeneye! It would just be me, sadly, but it would be great to go through the map (and the others of course, I can't mentally place the Jet Force Gemini map, so I was thinking that walking through it might jog my memory), and see it in a first person shooter, but...

I'd forgotten that I'd only brought one joypad with the N64 with me from home. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

So now I'm wishing I was in the USA, as with their legal system I could probably sue Sogun or Nintendo or someone for this disappointment, and win because American Lawyers.

Seriously, though Sogun, thanks for all your hardwork, and especially for implementing the map I requested, and when I get to see the Colors: War map then I know it'll be up to your usual very high standards.

Much happier edit:

I've just realised that you can explore the levels in single player (yes, I'm an idiot), and I have to say that you've done a marvellous job indeed! The Mario 64 castle, and Holiday Island are especially atmospheric to me (since I played those games so much), and Blue Resort is new to me but seems really nice.

One thing though, when you get around to porting them to Perfect Dark, can you please make it so you can fall off most or all ledges if you (the player) wants to (even the drops that will kill you, as that's part of the game if you get pushed back by a game mechanic)? For example, in the War: Colors map in the Goldeneye package, you can't fall into the trench near the Squirrel's base, or fall off the high green part into the road or the front of the Tediz base, even though the player would no doubt want to do this. What I mean is, can you remove the invisible walls, so that, like in Perfect Dark's normal multiplayer levels, the player can fall off any level he choses (or is forced to fall into if weapon moves him back, or whatever), please?

Last edited by Kerr Avon on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon, you can visit all the maps in Solo Missions mode! Cool

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Kerr Avon, you can visit all the maps in Solo Missions mode! Cool

Yes, I just realised that, and posted after you. I'm an even bigger idiot than I thought I was! But please consider what I said about removing the invisible walls for the PD versions of the maps.

By the way, do you work in level design? If not, you really should. Your maps are so professional.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Yes, I just realised that, and posted after you. I'm an even bigger idiot than I thought I was! But please consider what I said about removing the invisible walls for the PD versions of the maps.

By the way, do you work in level design? If not, you really should. Your maps are so professional.

There won't be invisible walls in the PD versions of the maps. One of the things that was improved over GE was the freedom of movement: surprising drops, faster ladder climbing, mobile platforms, slight jumps, falling to your death, hovercrafts, the Slayer... I want the maps to play more intense than the GE counterparts.
I tried to avoid as many invisible walls in the GE maps as possible but since the multiplayer in that game doesn't like ladders and drops (you character teleports in the view of others) I had to do it like that.

I don't work in level design although it's a subject that I always liked. These maps are just ports with some minor tweaks so they don't have my personal touch, heh.
Cartel and Bodega from Goldfinger64 are 100% mine (also Alps, but it's unfinished) and not many liked the first one. Although I think Bodega got some praise.
The shading and fog from the Steel Mill multi map were done by me. Level design was done by Garabuyo.

Now I'm working on my part for the GoldenEye Tower. I'm trying to make it look amazing. I have some graphical tricks under my sleeve, hehehe.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
There won't be invisible walls in the PD versions of the maps. One of the things that was improved over GE was the freedom of movement: surprising drops, faster ladder climbing, mobile platforms, slight jumps, falling to your death, hovercrafts, the Slayer... I want the maps to play more intense than the GE counterparts.

Brilliant!

Quote:

I tried to avoid as many invisible walls in the GE maps as possible but since the multiplayer in that game doesn't like ladders and drops (you character teleports in the view of others) I had to do it like that.

They'll still no doubt play great in GE, of course. GE's multiplayer is legendary, but unfortunately most people won't play on older machines because "old = Rubbish" to them, and would rather play a modern game that looks much better but plays noticeably worse. Sadly.

Quote:

I don't work in level design although it's a subject that I always liked. These maps are just ports with some minor tweaks so they don't have my personal touch, heh.

Your authenticity is amazing, though. The maps really do feel like you're there, in them.

Quote:

Cartel and Bodega from Goldfinger64 are 100% mine (also Alps, but it's unfinished) and not many liked the first one. Although I think Bodega got some praise.

The shading and fog from the Steel Mill multi map were done by me. Level design was done by Garabuyo.

I've not played any Goldfinger 64 multiplayer, sadly (same porblem, no one I know wants to play GE multiplayer any more because it's so old), so I've not seen any of the maps. Sad

Quote:

Now I'm working on my part for the GoldenEye Tower. I'm trying to make it look amazing. I have some graphical tricks under my sleeve, hehehe.

Great, I look forward to playing that. As it's single player, I won't need to find anyone willing to play such an old (but still utterly fantastic, my second favourite ever) game.

Thanks for replying, mate.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ESPAÑOL:

hola Sogun:

me encanta tu nuevo parche y sus nuevos niveles, como dice Kerr parece que tienes una especial habilidad a la hora de portar los niveles para que se sientan realmente originales.

no se que nuevos niveles seran los proximos que vayas a portar, pero de titulos que no pertenecen o no han sido desarrollados por nintendo o rare , hay muchos juegos con muy buenos niveles (si eres capaz de imaginar esos niveles en GE o PD).

se que esto ha podido quedar un poco antiguado, te lo digo por que eres de las pocas personas en el foro que ha utilizado este programa,pero si sigues creando niveles con DeleD CE ,me gustaria que crearas una guia con lo basico para crear un nivel que pueda servir para cualquiera de los juegos que soporta el editor. aunque estoy aprendiendo sobre blender que es gratuito y lo cierto es que a a veces es dificil y tedioso. no es que quiera dejar de usar blender. DeleD CE es otra de las alternativas de programas gratuitos y como demostraste hace unos años parece un programa facil de aprender y al mismo tiempo util para GE y probablemente el resto de juegos soportados por el editor. no me resulta en principio facil aprender DeLeD CE debido a que hay muy poca informacion sobre el actualmente y anticuada,y aparte no hay nada en español para este programa.

muchas gracias y espero que las peticiones beneficien a todos los usuarios de esta comunidad.

ENGLISH:

Hello Sogun:

I love your new patch and its new levels, as Kerr says you seem to have a special ability to carry the levels to make them feel really original.

I don't know what new levels will be the next ones you will carry, but from titles that don't belong or haven't been developed by Nintendo or rare, there are many games with very good levels (if you can imagine those levels in GE or PD).

i know this may have been a little old, i tell you because you are one of the few people in the forum that has used this program, but if you continue to create levels with DeleD CE, i would like to create a guide with the basics to create a level that can serve for any of the games that supports the editor. although i'm learning about blender that is free and the truth is that sometimes it is difficult and tedious. it is not that i want to stop using blender. DeleD CE is another alternative to free software and as you demonstrated a few years ago seems a program easy to learn and at the same time useful for GE and probably the rest of games supported by the publisher. I am not at first easy to learn DeLeD CE because there is very little information about the currently and outdated, and apart from nothing in Spanish for this program.

Thank you very much and I hope that the requests will benefit all users of this community.

Please I have no idea how to remove the duplicate message below, if anyone can remove it I would appreciate it.

Last edited by SATURN_81 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
ESPAÑOL:

hola Sogun:

me encanta tu nuevo parche y sus nuevos niveles, como dice Kerr parece que tienes una especial habilidad a la hora de portar los niveles para que se sientan realmente originales.

no se que nuevos niveles seran los proximos que vayas a portar, pero de titulos que no pertenecen o no han sido desarrollados por nintendo o rare , hay muchos juegos con muy buenos niveles (si eres capaz de imaginar esos niveles en GE o PD).

se que esto ha podido quedar un poco antiguado, te lo digo por que eres de las pocas personas en el foro que ha utilizado este programa,pero si sigues creando niveles con DeleD CE ,me gustaria que crearas una guia con lo basico para crear un nivel que pueda servir para cualquiera de los juegos que soporta el editor. aunque estoy aprendiendo sobre blender que es gratuito y lo cierto es que a a veces es dificil y tedioso. no es que quiera dejar de usar blender. DeleD CE es otra de las alternativas de programas gratuitos y como demostraste hace unos años parece un programa facil de aprender y al mismo tiempo util para GE y probablemente el resto de juegos soportados por el editor. no me resulta en principio facil aprender DeLeD CE debido a que hay muy poca informacion sobre el actualmente y anticuada,y aparte no hay nada en español para este programa.

muchas gracias y espero que las peticiones beneficien a todos los usuarios de esta comunidad.

ENGLISH:

Hello Sogun:

I love your new patch and its new levels, as Kerr says you seem to have a special ability to carry the levels to make them feel really original.

I don't know what new levels will be the next ones you will carry, but from titles that don't belong or haven't been developed by Nintendo or rare, there are many games with very good levels (if you can imagine those levels in GE or PD).

i know this may have been a little old, i tell you because you are one of the few people in the forum that has used this program, but if you continue to create levels with DeleD CE, i would like to create a guide with the basics to create a level that can serve for any of the games that supports the editor. although i'm learning about blender that is free and the truth is that sometimes it is difficult and tedious. it is not that i want to stop using blender. DeleD CE is another alternative to free software and as you demonstrated a few years ago seems a program easy to learn and at the same time useful for GE and probably the rest of games supported by the publisher. I am not at first easy to learn DeLeD CE because there is very little information about the currently and outdated, and apart from nothing in Spanish for this program.

Thank you very much and I hope that the requests will benefit all users of this community.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hola SATURN_81. Gracias por los elogios.

En realidad hago casi todo el trabajo en AutoCAD y DeleD me sirve como paso intermedio para texturizar el nivel y exportarlo al Editor. Todos mis niveles creados de cero (GoldFinger 64) o lo que añado a las conversiones (Golden Nintendo Maps) lo creo en AutoCAD. En realidad no sé modelar nada en DeleD.

En el caso de los niveles que convierto de otros juegos primero los capturo desde un emulador, luego junto los trozos en 3dstudio max y doy los últimos retoques en DeleD (borrar polígonos y texturas que se repiten). El Clipping sí que lo hago en AutoCAD.

Le saco jugo a los programas que sé manejar y busco otros programas para lo que me falta; por ejemplo DeleD para aplicar texturas y para exportar a un OBJ compatible con el Editor (3dsmax no exporta en OBJ compatibles, aunque ahora también se puede usar FBX y creo que sí funciona). También uso Infarview para editar imágenes y convertirlas en texturas para el Editor.

De hecho todo empezó porque vi que EternallyAries había creado el mapa de Super Mario BROS únicamente con DeleD. Probé el programa pero no supe modelar nada en él, pero vi que podía importar archivos *.3ds desde AutoCAD (y sólo las versiones antiguas, que las nuevas no lo soportan). Quizás EternallyAries sí que podría ayudarte pero no sé si sigue muy activo.

Ahora me estoy planteando buscar y aprender otros programas gratuitos para sustituir a los programas de pago que utilizo. No sólo para proyectos relacionados con el modding de GE/PD sino también para uso personal. Blender es uno de ellos.

--------

ENGLISH

I actually do most of the work in AutoCAD and use DeleD just for texturing and export it as an Editor compatible OBJ. All my levels modeled from scratch (GoldFinger 64) or the things I add to the ports (Golden Nintendo Maps) are donde in AutoCAD. I have no idea how to model stuff in DeleD.

For the ports I rip the geometry and textures from an emulator and then join all the pieces in 3dsmax. Then I do little things in Deled (remove redundant tris and textures). I use AutoCAD to do the clipping.

I try to use the programs I already know but if there's something I need that can't be done then I look for new tools. For example, DeleD lets me texture the geometry I do in AutoCAD and also exports to a compatible OBJ format (3dmax exports to OBJ too but it doesn't work with Editor, although now we can use FBX and I think it works). I also use Infarview in order to edit images and create textures.

I started modding GE/PD because I learned that EternallyAries created his Super Mario BROS map using just DeleD. I tried the program but I couldn't model a thing with it. However, I was able to import AutoCAD files as *.3ds. Maybe EternallyAries can help you with DeleD but I'm not sure if he is still active.

Now I'm thinking to search and learn new free programs to replace the licensed programs I use. not just for GE/PD projects but also for personal use. Blender is one of them.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
I actually do most of the work in AutoCAD and use DeleD just for texturing and export it as an Editor compatible OBJ. All my levels modeled from scratch (GoldFinger 64) or the things I add to the ports (Golden Nintendo Maps) are donde in AutoCAD. I have no idea how to model stuff in DeleD.

For the ports I rip the geometry and textures from an emulator and then join all the pieces in 3dsmax. Then I do little things in Deled (remove redundant tris and textures). I use AutoCAD to do the clipping.

I try to use the programs I already know but if there's something I need that can't be done then I look for new tools. For example, DeleD lets me texture the geometry I do in AutoCAD and also exports to a compatible OBJ format (3dmax exports to OBJ too but it doesn't work with Editor, although now we can use FBX and I think it works). I also use Infarview in order to edit images and create textures.

I started modding GE/PD because I learned that EternallyAries created his Super Mario BROS map using just DeleD. I tried the program but I couldn't model a thing with it. However, I was able to import AutoCAD files as *.3ds. Maybe EternallyAries can help you with DeleD but I'm not sure if he is still active.

Now I'm thinking to search and learn new free programs to replace the licensed programs I use. not just for GE/PD projects but also for personal use. Blender is one of them.

I don't post here often anymore, but I do tend to read topics on this site on and off.

But yeah, I haven't modded Goldeneye in years but recently been motivated thanks to a very lively Discord group called N64 Vault. Tons of conversations revolving modding the Nintendo 64 games get discussed there and I been rather active there thanks to the fact that Goldeneye is pretty much the main topic there haha.

Due to all kinds of discussions about Goldeneye and 3D modeling I've decided to open up DeleD again and model up a small little map. (Far from complete but hey it's a start haha) And it has been quite enjoyable. But if I were to give out any tips about modeling in DeleD though, here an image for a general quick idea on what tool you should use and what you shouldn't.

Red Square highlight tools are 100% okay to use to map for Goldeneye.

Blue Square highlight tools are kinda okay, they can possibly lead to texture issues from my test back in the day. But if you think otherwise and wanna give it a go, try them out.

And anything marked with a Green X is HIGHLY advise to not use those tools ever. They can and most likely cause you problems with your map from my test when I imported my maps with them. They can also add a massive amount of unnecessary polygons to your map and can and most likely will cause your map to crash or any model you import.

Now reason why I highlighted just Rectangle and Polygon is because you will have the best control to how you want your map to look without any compromises. They will also only have a polygon on one single side, so it will be easy for you to control the polygon count.

Also when it comes to importing textures, they all have to be jpeg images. Which is fine, you can easily convert all the images back to bmp without any texture lost at all. (Or just rip the textures straight out of the Goldeneye Rom. That works perfectly if you aren't using any custom textures and you'll have the best texture quality from the game itself.)

And last thing I'll recommend (This is a personal preference of course) is go into DeleD "Options" and change both major gridline size to 32x32 so the gridlines will be a simple 32x32 on the model scene. You can lower them from 32x32 to 8x8 for stair creation as well which helps loads if you want to make stairs that stays consistent.

Now this isn't a guide to help create a proper map for Goldeneye or any Nintendo 64 game in general, but this does give you an idea what you should be using if you were to take on DeleD from a beginners start and have no idea what you should be doing.

Honestly, DeleD can be a fun program to use and I might actually be the only person who actually uses DeleD in it's entirety till this day to model for old consoles or video games in general. And I highly recommend this tool personally for just that since Blender and other programs will offer you much better control over how you can model your maps or models in general. for newer engines.

If you have any further questions involving DeleD, you can contact me on Discord N64 Vault group. I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Here an invite link if you have Discord so you can easily join the group.

https://discord.gg/bbvpfp

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys. It's been some time...

These last few days I've been doing a quick test for a custom skybox and a high detail road.

The final map uses 1618 triangles and 103 textures.

custom skybox video
with dirty road video

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw that video yesterday (I am a subscriber). Looks really nice.

How does one go about making a custom skybox in GoldenEye? Your Blue Resort port looks fantastic. I also like how you did the water outside of the actual map.

I would love to learn to do that... Any chance you could explain the steps for a simple sky box import and at a later date how to do something like the water?

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi loofadawg,

The custom skybox is just ordinay geometry making a very big dome simulating the sky just like the movie (d'oh, spoilers -> 'The Truman Show' *end of Spoilers).

It's somethign around 600 meters diameter (from -30,000 to +30,000 units).
I ripped the geometry and textures straight from PilotWings 64 which I think has the best skyboxes in the system. Although in my port I made a few changes.

Instead of one dome, I made two. One for the sky color in Primary geometry and another in Secondary geometry for the cloud textures. The Sun was something I added.

I tried the map on console and for some reason the clouds aren't rendering. They are 4 bit 80x80, 128x32 and 128x64 textures with these settings. I can't get rid of 'Use Advance Options'.

The Sun texture is rendering just fine on console.

----------

Regarding water in Blue Resort:

-If you are talking about the Bomberman 64 water is just ordinary secondary geometry with some semitransparency. But if there are many polygons with transparent and semitransparent textures behind each other there are rendering issues. However, you can kind of select the rendering order for those triangles.
Select all the bottom water triangles and in 'Room Positions Mode' do 'Triangle Tools' -> 'To begin'. This will make those triangles render first and then all the rest will render on top of them.

-If you were refering to the GoldenEye water like the one in Frigate, you have to load the rom in the 'Game configurator', select the stage and toggle these settings:

Look at the red arrow. Even if you aren't going to have clouds in your sky you'll have to set the last two digits as '01'. if you want the get rid of the clouds you'll have to make the clouds color the same as the sky color (and even that way you'll see somw faint clouds Sad ).
Then you can edit the settings in the red rectangle. Make sure 'Water Enable" is '01'.
'Water Img Offset' is the texture used for the water -> don't change it since no other texture works well.
'Water height' is the Y coordinate for the water plane. Don't make it higher than the lowest clipping tile. If you do it there will be graphical glitches when Bond stands on that tile.

I hope that explains everything. I assumed you already had some experience with the Editor.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you so much. Awesome.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This stuff looks really great. Perhaps Trevor can help out with the clouds on console. He's quite good at figuring out the proper settings for textures. He came up with a way to have both moon and clouds together, without conflicting results. PD didn't even have clouds with a moon.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw the videos of the sky box and dirt road on your youtube, can't believe that's GE it looks fantastic. Do you have a plan on a level for this or was you just testing?
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: