ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

"Turok 3" and "007: TWINE" Mouse
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NutShot wrote:
Sorry to ask this again.
But will you maybe still ever have the time to make an Mouse Injector for
Turok 3? I have some reasons why i think especially Turok 3 could maybe never get a remaster. I recently played through your Dolphin Mouse Hacks and it´almost perfect what you did there. Would be a little bit sad if you not continue this. Smile

Why don't you think Turok 3 will be remastered? I too doubt it, but only because it's a game that seems to be unfairly maligned by the (not very many) people who played it. I think it's a good game, it has lots of flaws, but was enjoyable, and did some things really well. Some of the 'realistic' level environments were too unconvincing, though, and there were some annoying parts. such as the enemies in the first level that can spit acid at you through walls (and they seem to be able to see though walls too), which I've never been able to decide if it's a bug or not.

And why is it that, when you kill an enemy, you see their spirit/soul leave their body and ascend upwards?

The range of weapons wasn't nearly as impressive as in the first two games, but being able to upgrade them was nice, as was the fact that the weapons changed according to the character you played as (you have a choice of two characters when you started the game), and the way your route through the single player campaign varied slightly according to which character you played against.

But the game wasn't too well known amongst N64 gamers, mainly because it came out so late in the console's life, when so many people had moved onto the Dreamcast or whatever. Plus the game came out after Perfect Dark, but was very much inferior to PD.

Do you know of any other reason why Turok 3 might not be remade?

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For me these are the reasons:

- There is no real PC-Port. I believe "Nightdive Studios" based their Remaster on the PC-Port with many additional fixes.

- There is only the Soundtrack in the usual N64 Quality. Because T1 and T2 were both avaible for the PC before the Remasters, so was also of course the high quality Soundtrack from their PC-Ports. Now with T3, it was only avaible for the N64. And so was also the Soundtrack which was only mastered in that awful typical N64 Format (i personally still like it). So for a Remaster "Nightdive Studios" have to go to record the soundtrack from the ground up, cause "Nelson Everhart" (original composer) does not do anything anymore.

- Third reason could be a thing that actually not many people know about the 3rd Game at all. It was released in a bad state, it was released also at a bad time (it was completly overshadowed from Perfect Dark, also many compared it to Half Life 1, which was released 2 years earlier). So in the end i don´t know if "Nightdive Studios" get any praises for themself out of it if they would remaster it. The 3rd Game is only known basically under the "Hardcore" Fans of Turok.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous, did you read my previous posts? Smile

Carnivorous
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry but I don't have the time to work on any more mouse injectors

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sad. This was truly the last thing i wanted from you. Sad
Good luck with the other projects by the way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: