ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Mistamontiel - Nice.

@The Renegadist - Is that really THE "personal project" he was working on this whole time that forced him to be MIA on this forum for all these months?

@Kerr - If that is the project The Renegadist is talking about this whole time then it makes no sense to me. Why would he be MIA in these forums just for a GE related project? I would expect something more on the lines of a real life job type of project but not a GE related project. And you're right he could've posted about that project on here. Who knows though that could've been something he finished working on months ago and only now the site host just put it up on the website remembering he had it around.

I still don't see why in 2019 you can't get on your phone log on to shootersforever and post a simple one sentence saying "Hey everyone I'm doing fine. Been busy with work. I'll be back real soon (or an estimated time table 2 weeks, 1 week, etc.) See you all soon. Bye."

That's all it takes in 2019. I'm sure he could take a minute away when he has free time and make a simple post here saying he'll be back soon. Why is that so hard to do for him? Is that all too much to ask for from us here at this forum?

Something doesn't add up.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck spends the time to release a GE multiplayer mod and the only reaction I see is that people are upset that he didn't announce it here or work on GE:X instead.

I hate to break it to everybody but Wreck is free to release mods outside of this forum and he is absolutely free to spend time on whatever - he does not owe anyone here to work on GE:X, that is entirely his decision. This discussion will not 'convince' him to continue working on GE:X, if anything it is doing the opposite effect.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Wreck spends the time to release a GE multiplayer mod and the only reaction I see is that people are upset that he didn't announce it here or work on GE:X instead.

I hate to break it to everybody but Wreck is free to release mods outside of this forum and he is absolutely free to spend time on whatever - he does not owe anyone here to work on GE:X, that is entirely his decision. This discussion will not 'convince' him to continue working on GE:X, if anything it is doing the opposite effect.

Eh? People are curious to know why Wreck, who up until a few months ago was a very regular (and popular) poster on this forum, has not posted here in six months. That's a very reasonable thing to wonder about, all the more so since this forum is so friendly and has such a small number of regular posters. And it made some of us worry a little that perhaps something was seriously wrong in his life (illness, or worse) which was causing him to not visit the forum.

And when a new product of Wreck's is uploaded, and people vocally wonder why it was uploaded without an announcement on the very forum that previously hosted his very detailed project-related posts, don't you see why we would wonder that? It's totally the opposite of his usual M.O.

Yes, we know that Wreck owes us nothing, and no one is actually criticising him for either not posting here in general recently, or for not posting here about his new release. We are just somewhat concerned about his absence, and for you to misconstrue that as some sort of entitlement on our part is neither fair nor even remotely close to the truth.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Carnivorous wrote:

Eh? People are curious to know why Wreck, who up until a few months ago was a very regular (and popular) poster on this forum, has not posted here in six months. That's a very reasonable thing to wonder about, all the more so since this forum is so friendly and has such a small number of regular posters. And it made some of us worry a little that perhaps something was seriously wrong in his life (illness, or worse) which was causing him to not visit the forum.

And when a new product of Wreck's is uploaded, and people vocally wonder why it was uploaded without an announcement on the very forum that previously hosted his very detailed project-related posts, don't you see why we would wonder that? It's totally the opposite of his usual M.O.

Yes, we know that Wreck owes us nothing, and no one is actually criticising him for either not posting here in general recently, or for not posting here about his new release. We are just somewhat concerned about his absence, and for you to misconstrue that as some sort of entitlement on our part is neither fair nor even remotely close to the truth.

^This 100%.

I think in any community people would feel the same when one of it's important members goes absent for a long time and doesn't at least give a message that he/she is doing well.

What's wrong with you guys? Are you demonizing others for being concerned on another person's well being?

Shame on you.

You guys should be better than that.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we're going to hit page 64 of the thread in no time

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I could step in for a moment to say a few things... I feel Crash is blowing this a bit out of proportion. I understand Thundera tends to pick the wrong words or say things without thinking of how they'll be read, but I really believe he's not being completely unreasonable in this instance. In most cases, he appears to have good intentions. At the very least, Kerr Avon definitely doesn't deserve the flack. Barely said anything remotely wrong in here.

When an important person in a community goes silent for a long while, people tend to worry and ask. Whether it's for genuine concern or selfishness, people still ask, even after it's been months. If nothing concrete has been said to explain the absence, they'll start speculating. When one of the oldest hubs for sharing with a community doesn't get a post about an important person's project, people are going to wonder why the hub was bypassed. It doesn't matter if that's wrong of them to wonder, that's just what people will do. If there was a topic or post for it and people were complaining in it, then yeah, that'd be worth reprimanding without a doubt. But since the only other places it could've been revealed are the new Vault or the Discord, then it's difficult to praise it like normal because there seemed to be nowhere to praise it. The fact it has no comments on the Vault only means either the Vault is still too new or the mod hasn't gotten the usual attention.

What I've seen recently in this thread does not look like reason to flip out on or scold the people asking. I know what I said won't immediately put a stop to any bickering, I know some of it was said already, and I know I'm not aware of everything surrounding the subject...but I hope I at least expressed some new ideas well enough that a few of you can see more of an understanding.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually had someone I was working with online die - his mother was the one who finally got around to telling us and settling all the monetary aspects of the project as we'd paid him to assemble things. That was a shock.

Suffice to say, I'm happy to know that someone is alive as well.

I say we lock this tread - there's nothing more to be discussed about this patch.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00action wrote:
I meant to post this a while ago and forgot so here it is. There is a couple of issues with the latest GEX 5e patch and they are very easy to fix so here it is:

Issue one - Seeker first person model not showing correctly when in 2, 3 or 4p.
Issue two - PP7 special issue prop model showing as Rudolph (red pp7 prop).

Fix:
In PD editor go to Tools/Game Configuration loading standard PD rom.
Under Stage Options TAB/Files drop down list choose file 36A PchrwppkZ and click save file.
Now load GEX 5e rom.
Go to the Weapon Stats TAB and select weapon 0019 Slayer from drop down list.
Change Model in the drop down list from 04CC to 038A.
Now under Stage Options TAB/Files drop down list choose file 33E Pelvis_saucerZ.
Click inject file choosing the 36A file you just saved.
Now go to the Model Details TAB and choose object F5 and change File # to 033E.
Save Rom.

So there you go this will fix both issues until another patch is released.

That seeker is disgusting Laughing

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One or more posters wondering why Wreck has not posted here in months is a totally different thing from demanding that he devote his time to Goldeneye X, or even that he necessarily should post to say why he's not posted recently.

We're just wondering, and hoping for a "I'm fine, I've just been busy elsewhere" type post from him. If he chooses not to answer, then fine, he's no obligation to us, but he can hardly blame us for wondering at his absence (nor can he be offended by it).

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After some googling, unless someone can correct me on this, something was uploaded to the N64 Vault on the 02/May/2019, authored by Wreck. http://n64vault.com/ge-multi-levels:goldeneye-007-tournament-edition

EDIT: I realise Kerr Avon already linked this. My bad.

Kerr Avon wrote:
He must mean the new release at:

http://n64vault.com/ge-multi-levels:goldeneye-007-tournament-edition

which hopefully means Wreck is alive and well, and not that this was submitted to the N64 Vault site say a few weeks back, and only now is it being uploaded to the site by the site's owner. It is strange that Wreck hasn't posted notification of the project's release on this forum, though - it would have only taken a minute to add a quick post in this forum to announce the release of the mod.

It's not like him to release a GE/PD mod and not inform us about it.

EDIT 2: Wreck himself uploaded it to the N64 Vault,

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If this thread is proof of anything, it's that this forum has lost most of its administrators. End of an era. Rest in peace.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck and sub were the only active ones anyway

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CrashOveride wrote:
Wreck and sub were the only active ones anyway

True

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for not acting earlier, this has gone way out of control.

I'll lock the topic so Wreck can unlock it when he comes back if he wants.

Please, don't open another topic to continue your discussions. I'll lock them too.

Be constructive.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for closing the thread, Sogun. I have removed certain posts (or parts of them) to remain on topic. There is still some discussion of my absence, as it does relate to GoldenEye X. This thread was reopened, so talk can continue regarding the mod project. Please do not use this as a way to resume previous arguements and disagreements.

And yes, an update to GE-X will come out at some point. It is not dead. It has simply been comatose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 54 of 64

Jump to: