ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prenihility
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Most likely a corrupt save occurred and broke the file, sorry

Not really a big deal. At least it's an excuse to play the game again. Razz

So what is generally best practice to prevent corrupt saves? And what do I do now? Delete all mempak files?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update 1964, delete all mempak files and save to internal game storage instead of memory pak (less likely to corrupt).

Prenihility
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I just extracted the newer Zip into the directory where I have 1964 installed and replaced everything, that should be the right way to do it. Readme is the updated version so i'm assuming all is well.

But what exactly do you mean by saving to internal game storage? Sorry, you lost me there. Confused

EDIT: I create a new Agent and it asks for the location to save. Controller: and Game Pak:

? I can't select either and change it.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Extract to a new directory (not replacing a previous install) and try again - internal game storage means game pak.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is it possible to get retro achievements working with this emulator??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's possible - check discord.c to see how to read game state

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure if i asked this before already, but Autohotkey can´t send any Keys to the 1964 Window. Are you familiar with AHK by some chance and do know what´s maybe causing this? It works in other Programs, but only here in 1964 i have no luck at all.

PeCho222
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: PD and TS2 Working Great Reply with quote Back to top

I apologize for the irrelevant post, but I saw the sporadic inactivity in this thread and just wanted Carnivorous to know (again) that he is doing fantastic work. After requesting a TimeSplitters-compatible injector back when he was just doing GE/PD a year ago, the newest Dolphin injector literally got me through a deployment while maintaining my sanity. Thank you!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NutShot wrote:
I am not sure if i asked this before already, but Autohotkey can´t send any Keys to the 1964 Window. Are you familiar with AHK by some chance and do know what´s maybe causing this? It works in other Programs, but only here in 1964 i have no luck at all.
If you are referring to the mouse injector plugin itself - that is likely due to it's use of the raw input API via ManyMouse.
PeCho222 wrote:
I apologize for the irrelevant post, but I saw the sporadic inactivity in this thread and just wanted Carnivorous to know (again) that he is doing fantastic work. After requesting a TimeSplitters-compatible injector back when he was just doing GE/PD a year ago, the newest Dolphin injector literally got me through a deployment while maintaining my sanity. Thank you!
No problem, glad it helped

williansti
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: vsync problem Reply with quote Back to top

there is a problem with gliden64 x carnivorous

vsync is not working, when activating the frame rate drops to 30, and the emulation keeps crashing unbearable lag.

turning off vsync works normal at 60fps, but with the screen cutting in 4k.

on project64 2.4.0 works normal with vsync on and off.

1964 Carnivorous (2019/11/02)
Project 64 (2019/11/04)
Plugin GLideN64 (2019/11/04)

williansti
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1964 carnivorous + Last Dev GlideN64 Vsync Off
with or without overclocking, normal fluency but with screen cuts, when in full screen (missing vsync active).
https://imgur.com/zpN6R2K

1964 carnivorous + Last Dev GlideN64 Vsync On
with or without overclocking, frames drops to half 30fps, emulation features lags slowness...
https://imgur.com/CFzMc9R

Project64 2.4.0 + Last Dev GlideN64 Vsync Off
works well in any setting, vsync enabled and running lossless.
https://imgur.com/MiYxSlz

everything leads to believe that the error is in the carnivorous code, Could you check the question?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

Are you using my GLideN64 fork or this build?
Have you tried comparing at stock overclock for 1964?
Did you try overclocking PJ64 and comparing against 1964?

williansti
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Carnivorous"]Hi

Are you using my GLideN64 fork or [url=https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/2037#issuecomment-549394708]this build[/url]?
I tested with both, both yours and the gonetz has the same defect.

Have you tried comparing at stock overclock for 1964?
yes, defective either in stock or 6x, 9x, 12x, 15x and 18x same problem.

Did you try overclocking PJ64 and comparing against 1964?[/quote]
tested, overclock via configuration and cheat codes, it works normal...

same plugin, same configuration.

williansti
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For ease I photographed the settings (they are the same).

I also recorded videos with my cellphone, demonstrating the problems.

forgive me for the humming my wife was in the kitchen, using pressure cooker, lol.

download both and see please, thank you for all your patience.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lra3z7wqrh1grkp/Config_Screenshots.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o3x5rcckq6ztzu2/Problem_V%25C3%25ADdeos.zip

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the videos. I can see that the v-sync issue is not related with overclocking or CPU usage. If you could, can you try 1964 using this build of GLideN64?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 47 of 53

Jump to: