ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Downloadable games list updated officially here.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Downloadable games list updated officially here. Reply with quote Back to top

First wave of Virtual Console games revealed
Nintendo says gamers will have 30 downloadable Wii games to choose from by year's end.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Oct 31, 2006 5:58 pm PT
While Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are asking gamers to shell out for the next generation of gaming experiences, all three companies recognize that there are a number of people willing to spend money on previous generations' gaming experiences, as well. Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade has been offering retro titles since the system launched last year, and Sony recently detailed its plans to offer original PlayStation games for download on the PlayStation 3.

Nintendo had already announced the Virtual Console and some of its publishing partners, but today the company laid out the first wave of titles, 30 in all, to be available by the end of the year. The games (listed in full below) will come from Nintendo, Sega, and Hudson.

The company also reiterated the starting price points for the games, noting that NES games start at 500 Wii Points ($5), TurboGrafx-16 games at 600 Wii Points ($6), Super NES and Sega Genesis games at 800 Wii Points ($Cool, and Nintendo 64 games at 1,000 Wii Points ($10). Wii Points will be available online or at retail in packs of 2,000 with a suggested price of $20.

NES
Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Hockey
Pinball
Soccer
Tennis
Urban Champion
Wario's Woods
Baseball
Solomon's Key

SNES
F-Zero
SimCity

Nintendo 64
Super Mario 64

Sega Genesis
Sonic the Hedgehog
Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Columns
Ecco the Dolphin
Gunstar Heroes
Space Harrier II
Toe Jam & Earl
Ristar
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

TurboGrafx-16
Bonk's Adventure
Super Star Soldier
Victory Run
Bomberman '93
Dungeon Explorer

=========================

Yikes, this sucks. One N64 game. I dunno, who's heard what the master plan is or how many n64 games they ultimately will be having available? Sorry, the older systems are just too old school for me to play again.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else find it odd that Sega and TurboGrafx are there? Paying for these though? Silly, it's like music. Waiting for someone to hack the SD Cards to have user ROMs in there, then can finally use my modified GE ROMs on a console.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which is what I've been interested in since the very moment I read about the Virtual Console on the Nintendo Wii. Honestly, I don't care that much to play any of the older titles from the past. It's the idea of playing modified GoldenEye ROMs that has me excited. Even though you'll need to use either the Wiimote, GameCube Controller or the new Classic Controller, it'd atleast be on a console. Who knows, they may even release adapters for N64 joypads one day. I quite look forward to experiencing it while using the different controllers, since it'll put a big spin on the game. Some may come to like it even more.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Super Mario 64 is a good one. I remember F-Zero on the SNES. it was good but not a big enough game and should have had a 2 player mode.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ive got a 2 gig SD memory stick lying around... i should go get a wii. then, we shall let the hacking commence!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well Nintendo should wake up and realize there are things called emulators. Illegal or not, the older systems before the n64 we pathetic by todays standards. In other words they are incredibly simple to emulate perfectly on the PC. At this point I'm really disappointed. Wreck, I don't know the Wii specs, however I believe they have a usb port which opens the door for the n64 controller adapters, although I have no idea how you would implement setting up the button configs etc .

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Illegal or legal for emulators i say yes to them becuase for the games that can't be downloaded to the wii. Can be played on emulators

Goldeneye
Turok 2
and Quake 64 have a hard time with it

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Basically it's ridiculous at this point, but it may change or improve. Have they run into technical issues with the n64 games or what? I'm confused about this actually.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check out the review on GameSpot.com for the Wii version of Super Mario 64 on the Virtual Console. They compliment it highly, though they did point out a few things. Apparently, the textures are sharper than the original, which can be both good and bad. While it does look better for the most part, some edges are overly sharp. Certain characters and background models suffer from this. On the flipside, others appear nicer. There is a great screenshot of Mario standing near a sleeping Petey Piranha. Also, they commented on a few areas where they felt a slight slowdown, almost a temporary pause of sorts. The Wiimote does not work with the game, but the GameCube and Classic controllers do. The buttons are all mapped accordingly, rendering Y & X on the GC controller useless. This means that you'll be using the little Z shoulder button a lot more than you'd want to. The C-Buttons are now a C-Stick. It sounds as though it works wonders for camera control. All in all, the experience is memorable and wonderful. I'm certainly thinking about downloading Super Mario 64 when I get a Nintendo Wii.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: