ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Is Goldeneye X dead now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Is Goldeneye X dead now? Reply with quote Back to top

Given that we've heard nothing about Goldeneye X for such a long time, and it's almost three years since the latest version was released, should we conclude that the project is now dead?

Or has the project been moved to a different site? I ask because it's been so long since since many of the main contributors to the project (such as Wreck, Subdrag, and Zoinkity) have been on these forums, that it does seem possible that perhaps they have chosen to stay away from this forum for some reason. Both Wreck and Zoinkity have posted new N64 releases on other websites since their last visits to this forum, which is very strange as previously they made sure to let us know, via this forum, anything N64 releated that they'd released on other sites.

I suppose I'm asking if there's been some sort of falling out, and the prominent contributors to the Goldeneye X project have left this forum as a result. I really hope not, and of course I acknowledge that if it is the case, then it's unlikely to be confirmed to those of us who aren't involved.

I'm just curious about why so many previously regular users no longer post here, and if there is any news at all either way about Goldeneye X. It is, of course, entirely possible that the three people I've listed all just drifted away from the forum independently, for their own reasons, but if so then why do two of them (maybe three, but the N64 Vault's search function and layout hasn't allowed me to check all of Subdrag's work) still create new N64 stuff and host it on other sites, but no longer post notifications about those releases on this forum?

And to pre-empt CrashOveride, it is reasonable for myself and others to wonder why such respected former posters are no longer here, and also to wonder about a project that so many of us are so interested is, and if it is now effectively dead or perhaps now hosted elsewhere.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also want to know about GE:X. I can't imagine it not beeing finished, with all solo levels playable. I love the concept so much and PD engine is vastly superior imho.

I also wonder how Zoinkity is doing. He had bring a lot to the N64 community.
I wonder too how Wreck is doing in his life these days, because I care for people who create great things for me.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I am aware this is still an active project.

Trev

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By now, I think it's not worth making a thread about it. We're better off just waiting for an update wherever and keeping busy until then.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the biggest issue is tackling the new features and code that Perfect Dark brings compared to GoldenEye's much simpler interface. There's a lot of unknown variables that make doing new things in it tough.

If/When it is tackled I'd love to see a renaissance of GoldenEye type mods in Perfect Dark using GoldenEye X as a base. Imagine all that we love about GoldenEye hacks now but with all the improvements that PD and GE:X bring.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
By now, I think it's not worth making a thread about it. We're better off just waiting for an update wherever and keeping busy until then.

But it would be nice to know for definite if the project has for some reason been formerly abandoned now. Making a thread about it isn't exactly wasting resources on a pointless question or anything.

And if the project is now dead, then it would be good if all the information that GX's authors learned about Perfect Dark and Goldeneye were to be released publically now, which is what Wreck formerly said he'd do when the project was officially completed.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck has said on his facebook that he is taking a break from GE:X to focus on Vault Compilation pack

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just glad to know that everyone is well Smile

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@MRKane - Me too.

9w = posted around july. So his response was after he released that "Tournament Edition" hack back in late may.

@Lazlo - I agree with Kerr Avon it's not a pointless question to ask. Rather a question of GE-X players not have to continue wondering what the F is going on with the project and Wreck for that matter and if he's okay.

I'm just glad that we will eventually have an update on GE-X but with that answer he probably won't start working on it until sometime next wear. I honestly thought he was almost done working on that project but looks like he is really focused on working hard on that right now.

Btw next month on the 17th will be a year since he last posted on this forum. Damn.

Again at least he is alive and well. Smile

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be today then. It’s good to hear that the project isn’t dead and that Wreck is still ok and keeping busy. It really is a shame that the previous thread had to be locked although I concede that for a group of people united by what is essentially a very niche subject, there did seem to be a lot of bickering. I would hate for Sogun or whoever to relock further threads so I just wanted to implore everyone to only post constructive comments as has been the case so far.

On a slightly different note, I was still keen to help with the project but I don’t think my technical skills are up to helping with the core stuff. However I did a little work on voices as Trev suggested. I spent a while trying to extract David Doak’s actual voice for relevant dialogue with the intention of doing similar for Brosnan etc. Which worked ok but was insanely labour intensive. Wreck had previously suggested just developing all newly recorded stuff. As I recall, Trev, Kerr Avon and I are Brits and MRKane was an actor but I don’t know whether they were up for attempting impressions or recording etc. I’d be up for giving it a go and can probably do some passable impressions. Although I don’t think I ever found a comprehensive “script”, Trev has suggested playing around with the given dialogue. Also, I wasn’t certain whether Wreck would welcome the work or not. The other question is, is anyone here Russian or speak Russian? I know a few people who can but it’s a bit of a strange ask...

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
extract David Doak’s actual voice for relevant dialogue with the intention of doing similar for Brosnan etc. Which worked ok but was insanely labour intensive.

Oh, you managed to make a sample of Doak saying his lines - cool, can you upload, I would love to hear it.

As for other voices Im surprised there isn't a deepfake for voice now - that would be perfect since we could literally feed it the GE lines and get clean BG free voices.

Trev

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm french if it's needed for Frigate Very Happy

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am glad the project is still in the works, and there are many fans active and rallying behind this. For a while there I thought there was only a handful of us left.

On another note, wow, I did not know voices could also be deepfaked. Should be very interesting to hear Bronsans, Orumovs, Trevelyans etc voices with more elaborate dialogue.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Voices can't be deepfake'd, he mentioned it would be cool if you could.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also read this thinking Trev meant the technology exists and was thinking I’d wasted time doing tedious editing. But I stumbled on an article about Descript Podcast editing from Lyrebird. At a cursory glance it seems like exactly what we are talking about. When I have some time I might look into it in a bit more detail. Similarly I’ll send something to Trev of what I’ve done when I have a minute.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: