ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom Mission Compilation...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry about it. I am still working on other levels as it is, so there is no way it would have seen a release during Summer even if I had your files in hand. I want to make sure I address as many aspects as possible before uploading a patch, and appreciate you doing the same with your project.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How are things going with this? *Eagerly awaits.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty well. I had sent an in progress patch to Graslu, which he played a few levels of during a recent YouTube live stream. A few missions are about "complete", with some close to it, one requires some more time, and the final will be from member "connery as bond". I have ideas for additional easter eggs and secrets, but those may wait until after the first patch is released.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about Aztec as a multi level? And is the rocket ship portion of the map included?

And how about Area 52 ported from Perfect Dark into this project? Would the map work or is it too big? Anyone ever tried it before?

And Dam as a multi level. I would donate money if you make Dam a multi level. Just the front two areas without the bridge. With maybe a few extra props to make it more fun.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any updates?

Last edited by Gamma on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I researched some ideas for new maps. I think Compound, Dam FZ by BMW, and Matrix would be great additions. Maybe even Cradle Duel.

Last edited by Gamma on Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated the first post. There are currently 13 missions, but I am still considering things. There are some neat new cheats going on, and features from the Footsteps patch were incorporated. Most levels are pretty close to finished. I am continuing testing and trying stuff. There should be a release before the years end. I posted the cartridge label art on the GoldenEye Mods Facebook, too.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck I was wondering if you could be persuaded to add BMW’s Dam FZ to your custom mission compilation? Even without the Dam portion, it still is an amazing map. It is exciting! Having the front zone all the way to the gate would give some 4 rooms of space. Wish you would reconsider your opinion that it is boring.

P.S. Your project looks awesome.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm attempting to stray away from the original GoldenEye maps for the compilation. This does not include multiplayer levels that have been transformed into missions (Library and Complex), or the Citadel for multi. There are even two current missions that are modified / reworked versions of GE missions that I am very likely to replace. People seem to prefer new architecture over edited / retextured / mirrored GE maps. So that's kind of the direction I am going. Makes the pack feel fresher and unique from vanilla GoldenEye.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that idea is good, Wreck

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna try to get a patch made before years end. It won't be quite where I want it to be, but I can continue to update it after. Some things may be replaced or modified after the first release. Ultimate goal is a full 20 mission campaign, which may take time.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I’m looking forward to it. Hoping some of the gaming websites put it on their news like They did for gamespot.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure I follow you, Gamma. What about Gamespot?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've replaced Courtyard multi by BMW, with another map he made called Padded Room. Now, I'm not sure if he ever released this map to the public. It is not on the N64 Vault, unless it is in a pack that I am unaware of. Either way, I did have it on my PC, and thought it would be a good substitution. I'm "finalizing" it now for the pack.

Edit: Setup should be finished up.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never realized until testing the random head extension that females don't function the same way. Unlike males, they only choose one of the four possible heads and apply it to all female characters. So, for example, the Cliff Base mission has four women scientists. Each one has the same head as the rest, but it can change every time you restart the level. This meant I needed to come up with an action block to spawn them into the map, with four possible variations each.

Now this is where I ran into a new problem. You see, it seems you can't spawn in a character at the beginning of the mission if an intro camera has the area on screen. They simply won't spawn. I had to remedy this by editing one camera position, and testing to spawn them only once the player has assumed control of Bond. It's weird how stuff you think is going to be fairly easy to do, throws you a curveball that takes up more time to figure out a fix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: