ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The Spy Who Loved Me 64 is looking for Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingkingjobe
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: The Spy Who Loved Me 64 is looking for Help Reply with quote Back to top

I'll start from the beginning, "The Spy Who Loved Me 64" is a complete reworking of Goldeneye. Similar to Goldfinger 64 but with The Spy Who Loved Me. Good progress has been made on this project, however it is slow at time. Any contribution is welcome, however what we need most are level designers. While the whole game exists in concepts, bringing it to the 3rd dimension is where the problem lies. https://imgur.com/a/TrBrmoF This is a small glimpse on the progress if you'd like to see more, let me know. If you are interested in joining, I will send a link to the discord we use for communication.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not much of a model maker, but there are other things I might be able to contribute. Testing, bug correction, suggestions, etc. I guess two decades of GoldenEye tinkering still makes me good for something. Razz

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can help with the music!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can create things in hammer and export to object. Like buildings, terrain, etc. I can port models to .obj as well. Let me know!!

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
I can create things in hammer and export to object. Like buildings, terrain, etc. I can port models to .obj as well. Let me know!!

Hammer exports poorly to obj though, and might need some (or a lot?) of cleanup once it's exported

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: I have tools for that too ;) Reply with quote Back to top

I think one of my tools can clean it up pretty well It merges brushes into a cleaner mesh.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hammer is easier to build in, but the export ends up very unoptimized and requires fixing up afterwards. It's one reason why many of the old custom maps built with it have lower framerates and texturing issues (typically repeated images scrunched together). It's fine to use, so long as the models are cleaned up. Obviously other modeling programs are better, but the learning curve on them makes Hammer a nice substitute.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:29 am    Post subject: Honestly Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly I ran into a small snag. Lol. I will figure it out. For some windows 10 hack reason I can't get Propper to run write now. It converts VMF files to SMD model files Half Life 2 uses. I have a modeling program that automatically optimizes model mesh. He was a programmer for Valve for many years and he's a real genius with tool optimization. Once I figure out how to get a usable format out of hammer it shouldn't be a problem.

**UPDATE** Ah it's displacements I'll have to fiddle with. There's a small problem with Propper not sending the files. The creator mentioned to add a small brush inside the file that's invisible to make it work right. My other tool should remove this later after export then someone can test it to see how well it works.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: MultiplayerX N64 Project Test Reply with quote Back to top

I put together a sample pack you can look at to see what I am capable of. I can create any kind of terrain, rock face, buildings, etc that you need. I can also convert just about any MODEL into .obj depending on what you need. Low Poly I would assume is what GE can handle. Not sure exactly what the limitations are. I can convert the PNG's to BMP no problem too. I think I remember GE uses BMP for all images so just send me some instructions how I can help. The sample below is a piece of my STREETS map in Source. It has been optimized into .obj format. Please excuse the crudity of a few meshes that may be missing some textures etc. I grabbed it randomly and some of the textures are files source uses that propper does not recognize from VPK formats in half life 2 etc. NO PROBLEM with that either because whatever I make for you will simply use all custom textures with no issues. Wink The snowscape is a displacement brush I threw together in about 5 minutes. Let me know!

MultiX

SAMPLE MODELS:
http://multiplayerx.site.nfoservers.com/gesource/MultiplayerX%20N64%20Project%20Test.zip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: