ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

**GUIDANCE NEEDED** *Quick guide for clipping rules in GE*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: **GUIDANCE NEEDED** *Quick guide for clipping rules in GE* Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so I have a few nifty ideas for GOLDENEYE LEGEND that involve some clipping addons in a few levels. Just curious if anyone can share their experience how the bloody tris work. Walking straight or around a corner color order and tags needed? Laughing

I was able to tweak the clipping in Facility so you can climb back into the vents in the bathroom. Just wanted a more advanced understanding if I want to custom clip some areas that never had any clipping.

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried hitting up the N64Vault? There are a couple of tutorials there made by Sub and the rest, but inherently it's the same as making geometry, except with a few things to remember.

Here's a great place to begin, and good luck!

http://n64vault.com/ge-guides:clipping-guide

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject: Excellent Reply with quote Back to top

Cewl. Thanks bro. Cool

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE clipping is tough, especially modifying Rare's levels. It usually has to do with tiles that are four points or higher. Not sure if more current Editor builds handle it better, but most of the time these tiles get broken during editing / export. When that happens, you can end up going out of bounds. It is very common when trying to modify GE level clipping. New maps will all use three point tiles only, which is easier to deal with. I had to delete and replace all four point and higher tiles in Library and Complex to make changes for the compilation pack. Was a bit of a chore, but it worked out nicely in the end.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: sweet Reply with quote Back to top

Okay cool. So change tiles to 3 point. That makes sense. it has been a few decades since I've even messed with clipping but I remember I had SiloX on a good roll but could never get the player to walk on most of the clipping without walking off of it into SPACE or just getting stuck on it or some weird crap. In the end it's more rewarding I guess. Laughing I was able to make Facilities vent area climbable in multi. Little tricky, not PERFECT, but definitely playable enough to be passable. Lol Silo's vents area was what I was working on for SiloX as well as trying to clip some ladders and the Sentry Guns booths in RUNWAY was one of a few places I thought it would be neat to extend the level a little bit. For now I just need to slap myself and focus on getting the weapon placements all fixed up for everyone wanting that update over 10 YEARS ago Embarassed Hopefully it will work better in the end anyway without all the hard coded weapon madness I left behind. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: