ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added delete for these new adds. Bear in mind sometimes it has to delete two to be aligned.

Delete for image editor has always been requested, but it's always been tricky. At the moment just overwrite images if you no longer need.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Something is definitely going bad with deletion. If you add a monitor image, then choose to delete last, it removes the clouds that are in the next bank. If you add a portrait and delete one, the first four multi level pics disappear. I'm not sure if it is partly to do with the extra image(s) being added for alignment purposes, or if the Editor isn't keeping track of the bank offsets during these tasks, and is removing the wrong entries accidentally. Whatever it is, it has the potential to really break certain things.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A feature to request is a option to import/export PD code TLB binary like 21990 for PD's game config dialog

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
A feature to request is a option to import/export PD code TLB binary like 21990 for PD's game config dialog

Should be added as two buttons at bottom of PD Game Configuration.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Minor GE Action bit of info. Apparently, E9 is being listed as "Gas Leak And Switch Fog", when it doesn't actually activate gas at all. This action is used in both Train and Aztec. Even if I add a 24 Gas Releasing Object into the level, it won't cause the gas to trigger. Only FB does that. E9 is more "Instant Switch to Alternate Sky". FB does activate the gas, and it appears (a guess at the moment) that the gas leak sound effect will play within range of the first 24 Gas Releasing Object, should one be in the level. The special circumstance ID hardcode for Egypt obviously prevents the gas, even with an object within being destroyed. But an interesting thing to note, is the rate of fading from original to alternate sky is much quicker. If you use the "Inverse" option, even Facility will quickly fade when you break a gas canister open.

(Edit: I quick tested on Statue to E9 Instant Switch to Alternate Sky when Trevelyan spawns, and no gas. Just making sure neither Train or Aztec had something special going on.)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I fixed the delete monitor image this time in latest beta. It was doing the wrong image (+1 of one it was suppoed to). Also E9 changed text and PD just changed Return Value Loop to say Goto Label to match the GE action updates.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Delete added monitor image seems to be alright, but delete added character portrait is still removing the first four multi level pics.

I'm not 100% sure, as I'd need to check the notes on my other PC, but I do think gas might possibly be released in PD using the action to switch to alternate sky. I'll get back to you on that one.

I do have one current request, which will actually open up a sizable chunk of space within 21990 that is currently being unused, but overwritten...

At 0x28570 in 21990, is the image table. This is optimized to half size.
Instead of writing the full 0x5458 (with null padding after table)
only write the table itself 0x2A2C (if none added) or higher (+0x4 per added image)
this gives a huge amount of space to work with in 21990 (0x2A2C).
Even with a lot of added images...
Example Nintendo Classic Maps has 0xD24 total!
You still have nearly 0x2000 space leftover.

The entire character setup table (both parts) could fit inside (just over 0x1000).
Or you could even fit the whole file table (0x2D6), with room for more!

This would be very beneficial, as finding usable space inside 21990 grows harder and harder, when we have custom mods, and using the Footsteps patch that occupies certain spots, as well. The space is otherwise unused, and just being nulled out when edits are made to the ROM. (I've tried putting random writing in different spots inside the table space, and it gets erased.)

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I'm not 100% sure, as I'd need to check the notes on my other PC, but I do think gas might possibly be released in PD using the action to switch to alternate sky. I'll get back to you on that one.

I maintain that alternate sky swopping is functionally the same between GE and PD. 00F2 is the same instant switch as GE's... While l can't find a PD action for the slow transition, destroying a gas object accomplishes almost the same thing.
GE-X used 00F2 for Egypt, didn't it?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully I actually fixed Character Image Bank delete this time in beta 4.3...I also made it so it does not 00 out the end of the image bank, except for first time it expands.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everything seems to check out thus far. No more deleting of the first four multi pics. I'll probably look at this more in depth, with in game testing, to be sure it is still keeping things in their correct banks.

Image table seems good, too. I did a few quick tests, and my random gibberish through the empty table wasn't nulled out. This will be a great source of free room to use, especially for newer, ambitious projects.

I was going to put in a personal request, but it seems the newer Editor is already capable of it. I'll try a few things to be sure, and if something ends up being off, I will shoot you over an e-mail.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I try to add a 4-bit greyscaled 256x32 texture but I get the message 'Error decoding second level'. I also tried to replace it with an existing texture with a 00 type but the same happens. So I had to reduce it to 128x32.

Is there a way to make the default texture work? It's directly ripped from PilotWings64 and it should fit in the texture cache since it's the same size than 128x64 textures that already work.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Question regarding the main file table. Normally, the last entry is 02D6, with 02D7 being set @ 800482D4 [27544 in 21990]. The Editor seems to let you add one more in, making the ID/tally at that spot 02D8. Why can we not go up to 02DF being the very last file, with that final ID/tally at the end of table being 02E0? There is room for it, and you can shorten file names down so new file names will fit, as well. Does anything get written in that space during gameplay to prevent this from being done right now?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
I try to add a 4-bit greyscaled 256x32 texture but I get the message 'Error decoding second level'. I also tried to replace it with an existing texture with a 00 type but the same happens. So I had to reduce it to 128x32.

Is there a way to make the default texture work? It's directly ripped from PilotWings64 and it should fit in the texture cache since it's the same size than 128x64 textures that already work.

256 won't work. The size is stored as 8bits. So it probably rolls over to zero which gets an error.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, Sogun, I tried to reply to your PM but it kept failing.

What I thought was that while 256x32x4 = 4KB exactly and should fit with no mip-maps, it sounds like Mip-Maps are still being created.

however...
Quote:

256 won't work. The size is stored as 8bits. So it probably rolls over to zero which gets an error.

I guess this is something about compression or something since TMEM allows 1024 wide and 256 high (this is a tile, not UV map which is +/-1023.75)

Also, This
Looks wonderful Smile

Granted its a static image and maybe the movement throws you off (making clouds look low) so I wonder if there is a way to slow the cirustratus clouds but maintain that image size.

Trev

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's just how it stores the image. Its header is only 8-bits for width and height each, so above that is just not possible under normal circumstances.

Also as for the # files to 2DF, I believe you have to do something special to go higher. I can't remember the details but Zoinkity provided something I think to let us go past the 2D8 # in GF64. It's using 27546 in editor (16-bits) to know how many files. You can try bumping that to 2DF, but I remember there being a problem with doing something. Can't remember what though. You could try it I guess. Something about the Spectrum games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 58 of 107

Jump to: