ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Character AI will probably be the toughest thing to fully sort out. There are a lot of flags you can set on guards, and we don't know them all. Plus, I believe you need to set stats for each guard through action blocks in PD. Their accuracy is complete garbage by default. It may require looking at similar guards in PD missions, using their data, and going from there.

Your suggestions for Silo and Frigate are worth investigating. I also was planning to check out other levels like Investigation and Pelagic II, where technicians are. And also Institute Defense, because of hostages.

Certain levels may also benefit from editing. Mainly to room edge connections which are not straight cut or overlap in spots. Statue and Streets are bad for this. It can cause trouble with portals and clipping.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Your suggestions for Silo and Frigate are worth investigating. I also was planning to check out other levels like Investigation and Pelagic II, where technicians are. And also Institute Defense, because of hostages.

Yes, yeah, l meant to say you should check out PD levels for examples and use my suggestion if you just need a solution or last resort. I guess it took me so long to type that out, l forgot l was going to say a bit more. q:

Wreck wrote:
Character AI will probably be the toughest thing to fully sort out. There are a lot of flags you can set on guards, and we don't know them all. Plus, I believe you need to set stats for each guard through action blocks in PD. Their accuracy is complete garbage by default. It may require looking at similar guards in PD missions, using their data, and going from there.

The newest editor version has a good chunk more of the guard flags, and l convinced whoever was in charge at the time to turn "Guard Stays in Place" off by default. As for those action block settings, l haven't been able to notice a difference between having them and not having them. The biggest tangible difference l've seen is having Extra Pads in a level or not, and that's just so they can take cover and sometimes prevent twitching in place. But, sometimes guards will twitch in place regardless—even some very particular guards in vanilla have that issue. Despite that, a few well-placed Extra Pads can really improve the AI. I notice they do their best work around pillars in open rooms.

Edit: Oh, when l said l don't notice what action block settings do, l meant the unknown one. Obviously, accuracy and armor and flags do stuff. :b

dieagamer101
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Project continued? Reply with quote Back to top

Is this project dead or alive? I've loved this mod, but being unfinished makes it really hard to enjoy it to the fullest. I want to load this game on my everdrive and just play it on my n64. But if it's dead, I could finally give myself closure.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Development is on pause. But, if you enjoyed it, there's no reason you can't continue to play. VR offers a lot of possibilities on its own.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was alway about multiplayer for me. But what I loved was playing with humans. My N64 has been stowed away for some time and my cerebellum can’t use the original controls like it used to. I know some may disagree but I got a lot of enjoyment out of PD on Xbox with friends and now those controls feel preferable (also why I was keen on the Golden Dark multiplayer idea - best of both worlds). In the current climate, emulator and Kaillera offers this but I haven’t quite got the setup right at home yet but maybe I’ll try to work on this and persuade my friends. Thinking about it, it may be worth having a thread to setup some games along these lines if people are interested.

In the meantime work continues to hot up so I anticipate being less able to pop onto the forum. I had hoped to contribute in some small way with something less technical (eg voices) but that may be some way away. I’ll be interested to know when Wreck does more with the project as I still think it’s a fantastic piece of work.

Stay safe everyone. DR

dieagamer101
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Development is on pause. But, if you enjoyed it, there's no reason you can't continue to play. VR offers a lot of possibilities on its own.

By pause, do you mean indefinitely, or are you guys planning to start working on it very soon?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, would like to know this as well. You said at the end of last year you were going to work on Goldeneye X once the year began but there was never any news on work in progress continuing. Would love to really know what your reason is for the project to be put on "pause" for? After all, Goldeneye X players have been waiting for 4 years for a new patch release.

After seeing a video clip shot of new water animation done in a pool in Goldfinger64 I can't help but have to ask if water animations will be looked into for the next patch of Goldeneye X? Including the possibility of more monitor animations available? And the monitor animation on the Taser?

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
After seeing a video clip shot of new water animation done in a pool in Goldfinger64

I didn't even know that was a thing, got a video showing it?

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
Thundera8589 wrote:
After seeing a video clip shot of new water animation done in a pool in Goldfinger64

Yep it is. Sogun gave me the link. It's from the miami level swimming pool. Here it is. https://youtu.be/YbehCeIbv5g?t=2m45s

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have other projects and real life concerns that are ahead of GE-X. People also need to remember that I've been the project lead, as the primary contributor, from even the early testing stages. It's been a very long road with it already, and my gas tank was starting to run on fumes. This break might not be what the players wanted, but It's the one I have needed.

As for the pool water, I think it was just a texture swap with the Caverns water image. It probably uses the original animation.

Which monitor animations are missing? The Aztec randomization series doesn't fit, and the skateboarder (used only once in Bunker 2) was modified to fit. Nothing really serious or worth trying to expand for more. And as for the taser screen, there may be support someplace for it, but considering the Data Uplink didn't use an animation when it should have, it may be a broken feature.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure this Corona thing also hasn't helped in getting GE:X back up either, as with a lot of things.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What I originally meant was discovering the inner workings of the monitor animations and how they work in PD with the "possibility" of having them all included in the future. Should've worded that more better. The taser animation has previously been shown to work in Goldeneye X in it's 100% animation frames but only as a monitor animation. How does the taser process that animation to work as a weapon in GE?

Would definitely love to see water animations in GE-X. If the alternate intro to Goldeneye X has many transitional fade in/out animations then there's a way to reproduce that water animation using similar effects as well.

As for Goldeneye X itself how come you never thought of having someone else take charge of the project while you took this long break from it all these years? SubDrag did with the editor. At least minor corrections could've been done by now and reported to give players some closure that this project is indeed still alive and moving along.

Last I thought Goldeneye X was the communities' "TOP" prioritized project above others. At least that's what I got out of Goldeneye X and Goldfinger64. Now Goldeneye X doesn't seem to be considered a top priority anymore and all these other game projects are just taking its spot.

I just think you at least little owe it to GE-X players to inform them where this project is going and it's status instead of keeping quiet for many months and/or years. This way you can give closure to players whether there is light at the end of the tunnel or not instead of constantly leaving players minds in limbo and disappointment.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I have other projects and real life concerns that are ahead of GE-X. People also need to remember that I've been the project lead, as the primary contributor, from even the early testing stages. It's been a very long road with it already, and my gas tank was starting to run on fumes. This break might not be what the players wanted, but It's the one I have needed.

Of course real life has to come first, we all understand that. We were just concerned over the long time that there was no word of the project, that it might have been abandoned, which was all the more strange since you've always occasionally informed of us the ongoing state of the project.

GX is by far my favourite ongoing mod on any system, and it's a testament to how great it is that even after all this time we're so keen to learn anything new about it's progress. I would make a joke about us GX fans being the ones who created the Corona virus so that you and the team had to stay at home away from your places of work and instead work on Goldeneye X, but I think that would be in bad taste, given the scale of this tragedy. Sad

Thundera8589 wrote:
The Renegadist wrote:
Thundera8589 wrote:

Yep it is. Sogun gave me the link. It's from the miami level swimming pool. Here it is. https://youtu.be/YbehCeIbv5g?t=2m45s

That does look nice! I never understood why in Perfect Dark, the water often had to be utterly un-animated and look like a coloured sand-dune.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Years later and some users STILL act entitled over the state of this mod.
Real life prioritizes all. I want to see this project come to completion as much as the next guy but come on, give the guys behind it a break. They are doing it for free to begin with.
Thank you for the update, Wreck. One day we will be able to enjoy GE:X in it's proper glory.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's not about being entitled it's the lack of understanding that you now have a fanbase you created with this project and your lack of addressing said fanbase leaves them in constant limbo and disarray. Free or not, to just leave the community for over a year having members of the community wonder about his whereabouts and if he was even still alive is unprofessional. He couldn't have just in all honestly tell us he was burned out by GE-X and then say he was going to take time off. Even if he didn't provide how long the break would've been at least players of GE-X would've known the issue regarding the projects years long hiatus.

The way he has handled addressing the fanbase is unprofessional and could've been handled much better. He should've followed what SubDrag did and just announce in a post he was going to take a much needed break but he didn't. Instead he quietly left. No responsibility on his part was done.

This won't be the end. Until these year long breaks are over there will probably be others in the future asking the same questions. What was once at one point a fun exciting and engaging project has turned into such a drag.

I do agree and hope that one day GE-X will be enjoyed in all it's full glory but when will that day be is anybodies guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 56 of 64

Jump to: