ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Good questions for the PD edition...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Good questions for the PD edition... Reply with quote Back to top

i have a questions for this...

Question 1)
How i can turn a "single-shot" gun into "burst-shot" and viceversa, for example, the Tanquilizer fires like a maquine gun and the K7 Avenger fires like a sniper rifle/shotgun...

Question 2)
Idk how change the random heads because i replace some heads with new bodies, and when i play levels where the enemies spawn but when spawn, idk how change it in action blocks and game configuration because i can't see the slot

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can choose which heads are usable with Random inside the "Multiplayer" section of the 39850 Game Configuration menu. All the way to the right, you will see "Random Heads Selections" and a whole bunch of selection boxes below it. The first five things will affect missions, and the last two are for Combat Simulator. There are normal male and female, and also Team Heads - which is the cheat option - sets for each gender. Also, the heads used specifically for the female bodyguards. Go through those lists and make sure none of the heads are using anything you have replaced with a body.

If a guard being spawned into a mission is using a head you have replaced, you should be able to edit that inside the action block. Search for "00C6" and/or "00C7" actions, as they both spawn characters. Edit the head there, above the Action Block selection box, and it should fix the problem.

Weapons are a bit tricky, because the functions can use different sized blocks, depending on their type. Regular (Single-Shot) types are a bit smaller than Rapid/Burst Fire. But you can't just make your block bigger, as it will run over into something else. Using your example, this could be possible...

Swap the primary function of the Tranquilizer and the K7 Avenger around (Weapons Stats, top center). This way, your Tranq will now use Rapid/Burst Fire type, and the K7 will use Single-Shot. You can then edit the rest of the data to suit each weapon (Weapon Stats 2).

Sniper is a special hardcode for the zooming in/out ability, and Shotgun is another hardcode for the extra pellets and Simulant damage amounts. There is an "Add 2nd Shotgun Blast" button, if you need a second one (added for GE-X).

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
You can choose which heads are usable with Random inside the "Multiplayer" section of the 39850 Game Configuration menu. All the way to the right, you will see "Random Heads Selections" and a whole bunch of selection boxes below it. The first five things will affect missions, and the last two are for Combat Simulator. There are normal male and female, and also Team Heads - which is the cheat option - sets for each gender. Also, the heads used specifically for the female bodyguards. Go through those lists and make sure none of the heads are using anything you have replaced with a body.

If a guard being spawned into a mission is using a head you have replaced, you should be able to edit that inside the action block. Search for "00C6" and/or "00C7" actions, as they both spawn characters. Edit the head there, above the Action Block selection box, and it should fix the problem.

about where edit the random heads i always see where edit it, but another problem is when i put the new random heads, and i save it, the game doesn't load, the screen is black, idk if this happens to you too...

Wreck wrote:

Swap the primary function of the Tranquilizer and the K7 Avenger around (Weapons Stats, top center). This way, your Tranq will now use Rapid/Burst Fire type, and the K7 will use Single-Shot. You can then edit the rest of the data to suit each weapon (Weapon Stats 2).

one of the problems when i swap it is the K7 Avenger fires all the bullets in one and the tranquilizer doesn't shoot like rapid fire...

idk but the assault rifles/maquine guns/submaquine guns uses a 0101 Gun Function Type and the pistols/sniper rifle/shotguns uses a 0001 Gun Function Type... and yeah, i try it before time ago... so one of my ideas is change the Gun Function Type, idk how change it, i guess via Hex, well, you, in GoldenEye: X... how did you do it with the guns?

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is a custom MP level from Donkey Kong 64 called Arena 2 for PD for my mod

i have a problem, i ported this level replacing a PD MP level for my mod, but idk why crashes, i check another MP levels but doesn't have ammo box and gun placeholder, and i can't see the pc for hacking, and idk how set a room for the king of the hill and teams for capture the case... Wreck, you know how make a custom MP level so if you can, you can tell me how make it?

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can set Hills in the Intro Block. I believe you just choose a pad within the room. It would be good to have four or more Hills throughout the level. I try to place a pad in the center of the room, so it appears better on the radar.

The team case settings are also under the Intro Block section. You place a pad where you want a case to be, and set it on the Intro Block for your case. Then, you can add pads for your teams spawn points near that case. I think six is a standard number of spawns. Once you setup your first team, you move onto the next. It is the same process, but you need to change the "00" set value to ""01", "02" and "03" for each team. That's how the game knows which case belongs to which team, and how the team members spawn around the correct case. Max of four teams.

The Hacker Central computer and data uplink should spawn in at random valid pads in your level. They can replace items, or go to pads in the AI Path Network, if I remember right.

I also recall needing an action block for PD multi maps to allow Simulants to spawn in. You can likely extract it from another level and put it in yours.

If it continues to crash, please zip up a patch and e-mail it to me.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh ok, thanks, i go to do it... i hope of this time doesn't crashes... if i found a problem, i'll back saying it...

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks wreck, now the MP level works... thanks...

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear everything was sorted. Just a few extra tips for if Sims have any issues.

If they are dropping through ramps on their way up, you can right-click on the ramp clipping tiles and set "Incline" type (20, I think?) under a special settings list. This can help prevent Simulants from falling out of the map wherever ramps are. It was a major help in GE-X, especially in Temple. I used to test with a bunch of Sims while I was wearing cloaking, and keep checking the pause menu to see the kills / deaths screen, where you can also see suicide count. If they are falling through the floor somehow, it will show as a suicide. Watching them run around the level can also help spot problem areas.

Should the Sims have difficulty using ramps and navigating the catwalks above, you may want to set the "Sim goes straight to" flag on each pad on the catwalk, and at the base of the ramp. This forces the Sim to keep close to the pad, and not stray away from it, possibly causing them to keep falling off. It is under a right-click option. PD maps use it frequently on catwalks or walkways that have no railings.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this are some problems i start in have since i ported this level Called Water Temple from Turok: Rage Wars.

first of all, i see of the bulletholes, explosions, smoke and blood are black, idk why, but i remember see it before, but idk how fix it...

for some reason when i walk right here in this parts the player and NPC through the floor, but the first 2 pics the player/NPC can walk in a way, but when the layer/NPC try to do it in the opposite side, i fall...

idk how fix it, if you see this problem before, tell me...

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can PM me with a patch to check out. The black blood and bullet holes sounds troublesome. Is it just in that specific level?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: