ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I updated to last beta but I don't find the new 'delete texture' feature in Image Tools. I looked for a button in the left side of the window or an option after rightclicking on the texture but I see nothing.

How should it be done? Or did I missunderstood?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed that "Completes Upon Exit or Death" to show on combo change instead of on add. So that should cooperate better now.

As Wreck said, it's basically just custom. The briefings are at 0x9E54 to 0xA19C, 0x1C per entry. If offset 0x8 in entry is 0xFFFFFFFF, it's a chapter header and pointer at 0 is a pointer to the Chapter string. If it's not, then it's an entry inside the Chapter (which is editable by editor). It's not too difficult but you have to physically reorder them to adjust the chapter headers placement. The editor never handled this as it's very rare and not too bad to do manually. If you need a new chapter I guess you would need a new pointer added with the value and change a table entry. GF64 never added any more chapters as far as I know, just changed around the sub-chapter missions.

Last edited by SubDrag on Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
I updated to last beta but I don't find the new 'delete texture' feature in Image Tools. I looked for a button in the left side of the window or an option after rightclicking on the texture but I see nothing.

How should it be done? Or did I missunderstood?

This was not added, it was just in the Game Configuration, the special image bank you could add/delete entries.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed a typo with BD/BE's descriptions, please update actions.ini with this file. https://a.uguu.se/JD0fwOtCN3YO_actions.ini

Please rename E9 to 'Instant Switch to Alternate Fog' to be consistent with the descriptions [they use the term fog instead of sky]

Thank you

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the values for the 8XXX Bank under PD's Sound Editor tab are displayed wrong and I think l know the condition. That single-digit to its right side always seems to have a +1 bitflag whenever its referring to the file list directly and not the usual sound list. For example, 8102 is referring to Cassandra's laugh in the file list, but if you change the single-digit 9 to 8, it becomes the male guard saying "Holy...!" from the sound list.

I hope it wouldn't be too difficult to display the corresponding list for individual entries of the 8XXX list, make it possible to choose from the file list when the +1 is set, and also have the overall sound list used in action blocks reflect those individual differences.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK updated (the Fog action)

I will investigate the Russ Sound bank when I get a chance, sounds like you may have figuring out that bit. It's weird though, some like 8156, are already the file based action. But that is 0B30. Is that one right?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So:
8156 value is:9B30 0002
8102 is 92fd 002f

I was doing XYYY
Maybe it's 5 bits flags, and then 11 bits value instead of 4 bits flag and 12 bits value? Since you are seeming to show 1 bit means use files instead? Not sure what other flags are.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
So:
8156 value is:9B30 0002
8102 is 92fd 002f

I was doing XYYY
Maybe it's 5 bits flags, and then 11 bits value instead of 4 bits flag and 12 bits value? Since you are seeming to show 1 bit means use files instead? Not sure what other flags are.

Oh, so that's how it's structured. Hm, l do believe that whole half-byte is a set of flags because 814F uses F and some stuff around it uses a D. Also, l know a +4 is part of what leads to the Joanna "Affirmative" replies.

This is where l made a somewhat confusing explanation on the replies: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=73660#73660

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what you mean. But my question is it five bits then and 11 bits. That might explain it. But not sure what all bits mean.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, I'll tell you, I don't get the numbers in bits. I can never understand which digit they line up with. All I know is that the X in XYYY is four bitflags and the presence of +1 makes it read from the file list. If you do whatever you need to do to make the editor reflect that, l'll double check everywhere l can think of.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK...I gave it a shot in beta and made it use the extra bit, so it's now 1F flags. 02 means file it seems according to your notes. Searching for your file when changing Russ's sound bank will automatically update the bit.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Now the appearances seem to have gone backwards. In the latest beta, 8101 is saying "0AFC Get her" like it should, but 8100 is saying "02FB [empty]".

Before, 8101 said "02FC [empty]" which is wrong, but 8100 said "0AFB Goodnight miss dark" which is right.

When I check around, they all look correct...except for the entries that don't have the +1, as l call it. 8101 has the +1, but 8100 does not. So, like...it's good, but you need to revert something so that 8100 and 80FF appear like they used to.

Earlier, you said that 8156's value is "9B30 0002". Even though that one's referring to the MP3 list, it still has the +1. If an entry has +1, it can still point to MP3s because it's the WAV list that becomes the overall file list. Does that help clarify?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So you're saying of the 5-bits there, both 00010 and 00001 mean file?

OK I reuploaded with that. See if that is better. Someone really needs to identify what each bit does, there are 5. There is presumably a difference between 00010 and 00001 though both mean file then.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm... Everything looks correct now in the Game Configuration and Action Blocks. Since I'm not the one looking at the real hex values, I'll concede to your explanation. Though, I guess now l need to re-figure the two reply sets.

And yeah, it would be nice to figure them out, but there's almost no recognizing what it is they do. I'd like to think l have a good recollection of the context of the voice lines, but there's not really any apparent difference other than what Jo says in reply and the censorship. Like, what's the difference between Jonathan's and Daniel's lines? Any audio difference is part of the MP3 itself... Unrelated to that, maybe sound distance is one of the things, but that's just an empty guess because l've never noticed that being a thing.

And even the replies are confusing. 12 & 003C results in a "Hello" after an MP3, but there's no reply for a 12 & 002F. Is that least-significant digit an int? It can't be, though, because it's in such a consistent pattern. "Hello" replies always have the same setup. Even weirder, "Hello" replies only ever work when it's 003C. Even adding a bit, not removing, disables the "Hello".

I don't get what's going on in full, but here's what I do understand:
An "Affirmative" reply happens when the "1F Flags" has +04, but NOT if +08 is present.
A "Hello" reply happens when the 16-bit area is 003C and will override the other reply.
A sound will be muted for the Language Filter if the 16-bit area is 0002 or 0003. It only mutes, so a reply can still happen, which is bad.
Lastly, replies can only come after MP3s.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried to update from the beta grabber, and from Github, but I still see the wav sound names in the 00CD subaction (display text and play sound). For example, it plays "We're getting a positive reading - the internal comms hub is nearby", but it's listed as "Empty 0-sized". Unless I misunderstood, and that wasn't changed?

I also don't see the extra digit/1F flags in the game configuration, so something might be wrong on my end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 60 of 107

Jump to: