ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Prototype Cartridge
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick310
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject: Prototype Cartridge Reply with quote Back to top

This guy from YouTube called the last gamer claims to have a goldeneye prototype cartridge. Does anyone have more info on this?

Thanks,
--Mick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7En_cYAa8&t=559s

Watch at 9:16

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know. It's pretty easy to hold a box in your hand and claim to have a prototype, then offer no further proof of its existence. Somebody would have to contact this guy and ask for more information, pictures, etc. It is extremely unlikely a collector of this scale would put out a ROM dump of any unreleased beta / prototype he owns, because they figure it would negatively impact value, so even if he is telling the truth, we can't expect to get anything too substantial out of it. Even still, thanks for pointing this out.

Mick310
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will reach out to him and keep you posted.
I will also reach out to Dr. Doak and see if he can shed some light on it.

Thanks,
--Mick

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good. Hopefully you'll receive some response. I just find it a tiny bit odd that after two decades the first we hear about a possibly existing prototype copy is randomly thrown into a video showcasing a guys massive collection. He may also be in possession of Jimmy Hoffa's remains, as well as the Holy Grail. Hard to fit everything into just one video, after all.

Mick310
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly. Now that you mention all of that, I almost feel like I have a higher chance of Dr. Doak responding than the other guy... BUT I want US to all remain optimistic.

Bro I hear you. I wasn't suspicious at all just because I was so excited... but I hear you... and - I see your point of view. I had to rewind and watch those few seconds over and over - just to confirm that I heard what I heard. Also the fact that he held up a box sort of made me go "huh?" why would the prototype have an original box? My next thought was that 100% someone on this site would have some info on it and I would just look dumb. I'm shocked it slipped through the crack I guess? and nobody else picked up on it?

Regardless everyone reading this - please send me positive optimistic energy and lets see if this ends up being something. I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up either - I'm just requesting everyone send me positive vibes. Love you all... have a bond with all of you - simply because of our love for this game.

Cheers,
--Mick

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's possible, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, that he's used either a retail GoldenEye box, or maybe even a store display box, to keep his prototype in. It would maintain a uniform collection, without something strange being mixed in with the rest of the N64 boxes. I even have two empty GE boxes I bought on eBay, so that could be the case here.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm subscribed to this guys channel and I did see him mention GoldenEye prototype when this video came out, I sent him a message on facebook but never got a reply. After watching his videos for a while he doesn't seem like the type of person who would lie about it.
As for the box, I'm not sure he meant he had the prototype right there in his hand because just before that clip he is talking about reviewing GoldenEye but I could be wrong.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it was a prototype it wouldn't be in a retail box, he probably meant he had one but not in his hands right then and there.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Possible. But I find it strange for him to be holding two copies of GoldenEye in his hands. They both look like non-PAL versions (unless Australian / New Zealand, or even NTSC from Brazil), and both are red ribbon releases (his hand covers the rating logo portion of the second copy, so region is not noticeable). If one were gold ribbon best seller, I'd understand him having the two together on the shelf. One could be factory sealed, who knows. There is supposedly an NTSC style display box, but the only one I have seen online felt homemade. Usually, in these kinds of collections, the owner will only put unique things out, and not doubles. Partly because of space concerns, and for OCD mentality. Either way, my skepticism remains.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if i found a prototype cartridge of GoldenEye i bought it for sent it to Wreck or SubDrag for sent it for extract every thing for the editor...

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny, that's a very good thing. Most of us here would probably want the ROM dumped and shared. The issue is when a big time collector owns an item like this. It can be very difficult to get them to share the game with others, because of the all mighty dollar. They initially consider the investment they made in purchasing it, and then how releasing it might affect the value of their physical copy in a future exchange. It's crappy, but if you're purely in it for financial reasons, it is something that must be considered.

And hoarders suck. Razz

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hate to be that guy, but Hitchens Razor: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I see no evidence, and while I'd love it to be true I expect he'll avoid the question.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fifty percent chance of no response.
Fifty percent chance he "no longer owns it."

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BWHAHAHAHAHA! Yep

Mick310
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody with an update? He won't respond to me...

I dream of a beta cartirdge -- I wonder if we could ask Dr. Doak if this was/is something true?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: