ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 106, 107, 108  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uufje wrote:
I've tried to update from the beta grabber, and from Github, but I still see the wav sound names in the 00CD subaction (display text and play sound). For example, it plays "We're getting a positive reading - the internal comms hub is nearby", but it's listed as "Empty 0-sized". Unless I misunderstood, and that wasn't changed?

I also don't see the extra digit/1F flags in the game configuration, so something might be wrong on my end.

They're there on my end. Go to the Releases tab of the GitHub and download 4.3's BetaGrabberTool. Using that should give you the correct editor exe.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That did it, everything works now Very Happy

gc_artuso87
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag,

I'm having issues in getting custom slots for guards to work in the second attempt. I've done it successfully in the first attempt (created 35 of them) for the upcoming mod "The Living Daylights" but as I wanted to add more custom slots (up to 7D or greater as long it does not go beyond 02DF) in the second round, it crashes and exits the editor as I hit the Edit button via Model Editor on a custom guard slot. I've also noticed that the models from CcommguardZ to CspicebondZ as well as all the heads have disappeared too.

I've had a response from Wreck about this and said "Manual is possible, though it can be a pain, as the Editor keeps everything grouped together tightly, with no wiggle room. You'd need to shift at least one full table, and then update the locations of the table within ROM. It might be better if SubDrag looks it over to see what is happening."

Is it possible to add a feature in the editor that we can shift a full table by a click of a button and then update the locations of the table within the ROM?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think he just needs to handle each of the three tables used by the characters separately, and make sure that they shift correctly, don't overwrite each other, and the pointers all sync up to where they need to be. He should read my full post in the other thread, as it might give a bit more detail as to what was happening on my own attempts to extend the characters a second time. It's likely not currently setup to do so, and was probably designed as a one-time use. Characters being the farthest thing into the ROM may make it slightly easier for him to work with, as nothing else is after it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to get off track, but I did want to mention something while the topic of the TLD mod is up...

gc_artuso87: I had noticed that the background and clipping files for the unused levels were deleted from the list. That certainly opened up a good number of slots to fill with new things. I had two thoughts about it, though.

1: I would recommend putting back in the background files for "imp" and "ash". Now, while both Basement and Stack do refer to Library's background and clipping files "ame", by getting rid of their own files, you limit yourselves to only four original MP levels, rather than six. As a way to compensate for losing the two extra slots that were gained, you can instead delete the two unused MP setup files - crad and statue. MP only has space for 12 levels, and one is typically set to Random. So no sense in keeping 13 setups if only 11 are going to be used.

2: You could probably get rid of the L_E text files for the unused level IDs, as well. You already axed the BG and clipping, so there isn't much use in having their text, either.

Finally, I think you also left the files for Citadel "cat" in. Those could potentially be deleted, as well. There is no setup for it, so you'd need to add one. It also needs the text file set up correctly for it to be used by the level, otherwise it crashes. Things can always be added back in down the road, if needed.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gc_artuso87 wrote:
SubDrag,

I'm having issues in getting custom slots for guards to work in the second attempt. I've done it successfully in the first attempt (created 35 of them) for the upcoming mod "The Living Daylights" but as I wanted to add more custom slots (up to 7D or greater as long it does not go beyond 02DF) in the second round, it crashes and exits the editor as I hit the Edit button via Model Editor on a custom guard slot. I've also noticed that the models from CcommguardZ to CspicebondZ as well as all the heads have disappeared too.

I've had a response from Wreck about this and said "Manual is possible, though it can be a pain, as the Editor keeps everything grouped together tightly, with no wiggle room. You'd need to shift at least one full table, and then update the locations of the table within ROM. It might be better if SubDrag looks it over to see what is happening."

Is it possible to add a feature in the editor that we can shift a full table by a click of a button and then update the locations of the table within the ROM?

It should do second round now in beta, but should be avoided if possible, due to it being a pretty crazy thing. And do head/hats after too to match size.

gc_artuso87
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you SubDrag, I've updated the editor to the latest beta and creating further more custom guard slots in the 2nd round worked flawlessly. The editor no longer crashes when hitting the Edit button on a custom slot via Model Editor and all guards and head models are still there.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great to hear. I might poke at it quickly, but it sounds like you've got it sorted.

Onto a question or two of my own...

How do you edit the watch colours for a) the main green background, and b) the "filled" music / sounds slider bar? Those seem to be the only things the Editor doesn't currently have available to change. But GF64 recoloured both.

And is there any simple way to inflict damage on Bond during a mission? Like an event trigger where the player can be injured? I tried the action to damage ID with weapon at body part, but it doesn't seem to work on the player. Is there another way, or do I need to subtract health amount directly from P1, using memory editing like in the Footsteps Bunker tutorial?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Great to hear. I might poke at it quickly, but it sounds like you've got it sorted.

Onto a question or two of my own...

How do you edit the watch colours for a) the main green background, and b) the "filled" music / sounds slider bar? Those seem to be the only things the Editor doesn't currently have available to change. But GF64 recoloured both.

And is there any simple way to inflict damage on Bond during a mission? Like an event trigger where the player can be injured? I tried the action to damage ID with weapon at body part, but it doesn't seem to work on the player. Is there another way, or do I need to subtract health amount directly from P1, using memory editing like in the Footsteps Bunker tutorial?

I don't think any built in way to do damage, but I thought Carnivorous has something in Footsteps?

These are the notes I had on the watch:
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/priv/watchnotes.txt

I believe it's this that changes those manually:
Besides update yellow in editor

Center
D7F9C: A08F000C

Right
D8080: 461C0482
D808C: 4612D101
D8118: 461C0202
D8124: 4608D281
D81B0: 46160482
D81BC: 4612B101

Left
D828C: 461C0202
D8298: 4608D281
D8324: 461C0482
D8330: 4612D101
D83BC: 46160202
D83C8: 4608B281

Disable static:
DB84C: 10000003
D9D7C: 10000004

FX/Music selected bar
DD920: 256C0080
DD924: A0EC000C

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. Got your e-mail, as well. I guess it is more than just one colour for the green background? Like a gradient? I was aiming for a purple main colour. I already used what was in the Editor to make most of the other stuff blue. It's part of a silly custom mod I have been working on, and as many little changes I can make to folders and menus, text, etc, the better.

I know the Footsteps patch has a method of adding health, or restoring it, so I could probably repurpose it to subtract X amount when needed. I'll have to try some tests.

Edit: The watch colour stuff was a little more complicated than I thought, but after a little while, I ended up achieving the desired purple. It seems the blue colour component is missing from the ''incomplete'' objective text (game probably only stores R/G), so I made it red. The flashing part is tricky. I might go back to it, but for now I am leaving it a solid colour. It's looking pretty nice. I just have to modify the physical Q Watch a bit now, or should I say "Klein Clock"...

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
For GSE 4.2 I made sure to annotate Bond ID description with 'cutscene only' - the ID only exists while a third person model is present within the level (multiplayer/third person cameras). Even so, the damage done to Bond's third person model will not synchronize with player structure as this was never programmed to do so - like how inventory is lost on return to camera AI command.

Wreck wrote:
I know the Footsteps patch has a method of adding health, or restoring it, so I could probably repurpose it to subtract X amount when needed. I'll have to try some tests.
Check Infil's gas leak event.

Kirby_JoeH
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please add a support for Kirby 64.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Carn. With a little tinkering, I was able to change the block into exactly what I needed. I just need to add a test for if the Invincibility cheat is on, since this setup can still kill the player. I've had to do that for some custom cheats in the Compilation Pack.

I will be releasing my custom campaign in installments, one or two levels at a time. First release will have levels 2 and 3. I have most of the story planned, and there are some unique things going on, which I will very likely require a bit of help with when I get there...

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, normals do not survive XSI roundtrip - compare against the FBX export with the editor, see the pipe for example. Thank you. https://files.catbox.moe/ujvyb9.7z

GE 2E camera objects cannot be set to visual camera on right click, was working in 4.2

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:

GE 2E camera objects cannot be set to visual camera on right click, was working in 4.2

That menu option was looks like accidentally the logic removed some time in January for 4.2, not sure, I'll restore it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 61 of 108

Jump to: