ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fixing old Goldeneye hacks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The weapon prototypes are indeed inside the four secret areas Razz

The other two are next to the vent in the room with the two ramps, and on the top walkways in the room you start on (from the metal box secret area you walk forward, then right and through the door, then right again). If you're still not sure, you can watch Graslu's video.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uufje wrote:

The other two are next to the vent in the room with the two ramps, and on the top walkways in the room you start on (from the metal box secret area you walk forward, then right and through the door, then right again). If you're still not sure, you can watch Graslu's video.

Found them, it's been so long since I've done Complex multiplayer that I forgot those were even there.

You did an excellent job on the hack by the way, I've played a few of these yesterday that I didn't like but yours wasn't one of them. Can you upload the soundtrack of the level somewhere like YouTube, I'd love to listen to it outside of the game and maybe use it on stream with your go ahead.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, after much testing here's the final list of hacks that have problems:

Antenna Cradle
Antenna Cradle Source
Beta Conversion
Chimp Caverns v1.1
Manufactory v1.1
Mountain Base
Research Bunker
Research Complex v1.2
Satellite Control Bunker 2
Work
Yoshida Dam

Cargo Ship
Compound
Sol in Multis (GoldenEye Legends)

Doom-Style Looking
Dual Eyes Cooperative GoldenEye 2.0
Jiggy Paradise

Keep in mind there's still hacks I have not tested in all 3 categories but so far it's looking like the above are the last ones to be fixed. We're very close to a full page of green which is to be commended.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm confused as to why a few I fixed up are still failing. I always test on console before uploading. But there's three there that are in your list. Like I know the issue with the crate in Research Complex was addressed, as there was an embedded pickup with collisions on it that I disabled. Outro scenes, sure. Something could possibly go bad. But an in level bug, I try to make sure those are taken care of straight away.

Are you sure you have the newest Satellite Control Bunker 2 patch? I swore the keycard guards were dealt with already.

I have Yoshida Dam pretty much done, but there is a lot of lag in the level toward the dam area. Not sure I can fix it, though.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

May have been, I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
Uufje wrote:

Found them, it's been so long since I've done Complex multiplayer that I forgot those were even there.

You did an excellent job on the hack by the way, I've played a few of these yesterday that I didn't like but yours wasn't one of them. Can you upload the soundtrack of the level somewhere like YouTube, I'd love to listen to it outside of the game and maybe use it on stream with your go ahead.

Thanks a lot! I just uploaded the music, you can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnqUpWGabA

Feel free to use it on stream, I'd be honored!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated Storage Complex, by Terrell. Only real offender for crashing was that pink test tube, which rears its ugly head every once in a while. It now explodes, and can even burn up the evidence on the table next to it, if you aren't careful. A few other tweaks were made, which are listed. Only other console issues were the big wall screen fighting to display, and the building plans just slightly too close to the wall behind it.

Storage Complex, by Terrell
http://n64vault.com/ge-levels:storage-complex

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I'll wait to update everything until a few more are done so I can hit them all at once.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be checking out Snowy Mountain today, and I guess rechecking certain ones that are supposed to be updated but reportedly still failing on console.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still not 100% sure why Snowy Mountain was crashing. I did have it crash on me at some point after the alarm guards were spawned in. I noticed that they had sunglasses toggled on, but the head they use is the Balaclava, which doesn't have any. That may or may not have been an issue. One of the two "Joe" heads doesn't have glasses, but is a random head which could be loaded with them toggled on normally, and it must be fine. They were all using the same pad, but I think Rare even does this from time to time. I made some useful tweaks, so hopefully it is alright now. I tested for a good while on console for two sessions, and there was no crash. I do fear that it may still be memory related, as there are a lot of different models with unique textures being loaded in, and the current build of the ROM does not utilize the Expansion Pak. The Janus Special Forces may just tax it too far. So give it a few good tries and let me know if there are still any issues.

Snowy Mountain, by Terrell...
http://n64vault.com/ge-levels:snowy-mountain

Edit: I tried out a few of the ones I had fixed up again, and you were correct about Chimp Caverns and Manufactory. They both did crash once the end screen faded to black. Oddly enough, my first completion of Chimp was fine. It was on my second play where it failed. I'll need to look at both of these again.

Research Complex, on the other hand, was fine. I went around destroying practically everything in the level, and the offending crates (which have ammo magazines in them) had no issues. Please redownload this one and give it another shot.

Edit ii: Aside from the pink test tube, nothing else was breaking Research Bunker. I did go over it and fixed up some things. Being able to pick up the plans by walking up against the safe was one. As always, check the edit notes for details. I'm also making sure to keep the original setup, brief, and text files in a folder for all updated missions. I think that's all for Terrell's levels.

Research Bunker, by Terrell...
http://n64vault.com/ge-levels:research-bunker

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, I'm hoping I fixed up Chimp Caverns. I redid the outro block, and tested it twice on console. It didn't fail either play. These things can be a little finicky at times. I also reset the level scale to its original value, just in case it did anything weird.

Chimp Caverns, by Sarah ML...
http://n64vault.com/ge-levels:chimp-caverns

Manufactory is next. Now, I'm guessing that neither of these two missions had reports of crashing end scenes previously, which is how I missed them to begin with. Chimp Caverns could play out sometimes, so it could easily be missed if someone only completed it once and the ending showed. As for Manufactory, that level didn't even start on console before, so it is no wonder the outro wasn't mentioned.

Edit: Finished up Manufactory. I adjusted the action blocks related to the outro, and tested it about four times. There should be no more issues with it, but I'll await others testing. Only other edit I made was removing the clouds from the skyblock. There was no place in the level where you could look up at an open sky, but at the long tunnel leading to the exit you could see clouds off in the distance, which obviously made no sense in an enclosed environment. It's still hella dark, but I suppose that adds to the mystery and suspense.

Manufactory, by Zka...
http://n64vault.com/ge-levels:manufactory

When these are tested, please also redownload Research Complex and try it out. It should have been fixed last time. I am hoping somehow the incorrect version had been tested, rather than the latest.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spent a bit of time poking back at the Antenna Cradle. I knew the issue stemmed from the fog distance setting, but I never played with it enough to settle on anything. You'll need to read the console notes listed at the end of the download page / readme file for details. I decided just to accept what I came up with, as you simply can't get it looking like it does on emulator. I even tried tweaking the backdrop room so the textures weren't affected by fog, but it would require the entire stage have the same done, as the rest of the Cradle structured looked awful. Anyway, the original patch is there, and the new console version packed in. If someone else looks into this further and comes up with a better result, than by all means replace mine.

Antenna Cradle, by Eternally Aries...
http://n64vault.com/ge-levels:antenna-cradle

I guess expect for me to do the same with DF Ank1's Antenna Cradle Source sometime soon.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had read something about weird texture vertex issues with two of Zka's levels, so I took a look at Prison. His fog values were pretty high, and that was causing the problem. And wow, that has to be one of the most nauseating experiences I've ever had with gaming. I basically gave the level standard multiplayer sky settings, as it is all interiors and short enough hallways. There were a few other things I tinkered with, such as a door not appearing on console. I'll probably poke at his Extinction mission tomorrow.

Prison, by Zka...
http://n64vault.com/ge-levels:prison-zka

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Extinction has had the vomit inducing effect removed, as well. I tried to set the fog far enough away, but still noticeable from far distances. I got a little carried away with this one. It's a good mission, so I wanted to tackle as much as I could. Doors swinging away from user was included, as without it caused issues for guards, especially spawners, getting stuck on them. The only semi-big changes were to the spawning guards. I updated their behaviour, so they will keep searching for Bond, and shouldn't stop someplace. Thanks Bunker i for that block. I also gave players a temporary reprieve, for when they enter the building, the spawning will stop. That is, at least until the alarm is raised, which will bring them back again. It might not even be noticed in the heat of it all, but they'll be off your back for a little bit, anyway. As usual, check my edit notes for the changes. This map could use some portal realignment, as those I looked at appeared to use decimal points. By the way, for whatever reason, there was no zip folder for the original patch. The Xdelta file was uploaded directly. Now the zip has the patch, readme, preview image, and the original setup, brief and text.

Extinction, by Zka...
http://n64vault.com/ge-levels:extinction

(I had noticed on some playthroughs of this mission, that players had issues with the spawned guards. They would try to get them to become stuck someplace, so they wouldn't be trouble. My edits were a sort of compromise, where they won't keep coming once you get inside the building, but also should not stop tracking your location and stand in place. If you hate it, you can inject the supplied setup and text files inside the "original" folder.)

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah nice, that's more than enough for me to keep busy for a day or so, I'll get on that soon and update the website.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: