ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Turok 3 PC Port In development By: MecaCool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MecaCool
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Turok 3 PC Port In development By: MecaCool Reply with quote Back to top

https://imgur.com/jaUsQ7F [/img]

I'm taking on the Task of Reverse Engineering the N64 Turok 3 Shadows
of Oblivion Game.
And Porting it To PC.
Been In Development for over 1 month solid day by day so far.

Don't Ask for Images, Videos, Gameplay, Because I've not got any.
And I've not finished Reverse Engineering the N64 Turok 3 Rom yet.
When I do I will post videos here and Images.

/*Who is Kaiser, he made the Doom 64 PC Port and is part of the KEX Engine Team over at Night Dev studios*/

I talked to Kaiser on the Night-Dev discord and He said they have no
open contracts and is not or does not have any plans to do a Turok 3 or Turok rage wars PC port and I also found a reply on there twitter to another user saying they are not planning on doing these 2 Ports.

So, I've taken on the task to make this a reality
for the community hope, I will have some feedback
with videos and gameplay and images coming in the following
months thanks for reading and have a great day.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dog those games (maybe just 3 because has campaign and Rage Wars is just a challenge series) really needed PC

Very eager to see what you can pull off!

MecaCool
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Dog those games (maybe just 3 because has campaign and Rage Wars is just a challenge series) really needed PC

Very eager to see what you can pull off!

Thank you for the kind words I've got done a lot today.
I think if I can do 12000 lines reversed every day I should have the rom reversed and compiled sooner.

MecaCool
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update: 12.1
Author: MecaCool
You all need a proper update:

What have I done so far well?

1. Got a Fullscreen Window Up and Running With DirectX 11.
2. Initialized DirectX 11.
3. Initialized D3D.
4. Created a SystemClass for handling the Application.
5. Created a D3D Class for handling 3D and 2D Graphic Calls.
6. Created a CameraClass for Creating a First-Person Camera View.
7. Created an InputClass for Getting and handling Key inputs and Mouse Inputs.
8. Created a GraphicClass for handling 3D Models and 2D & 3D Graphics & Rendering the Graphics as well.
9. Created a ModelClass for Creating Models & Handling Models As Well as Rendering Them to The Screen.
10. Created a TextureClass for Handling 2D Images and Rendering Textures to The Screen.

What to do Tomorrow

Create a ResourceManagerClass
Create a ShaderClass
Create a SoundClass

Thanks for Checking Out this Update I'm working hard on this and trying my very best
Have a nice day

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool work! Do you have any notes about the structure of the ROM you can share? And what version of the compiler did they use? I was wondering about that

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man I loved Turok 3! Played it through multiple times and really picked it to pieces. My friends and I were convinced that Adon would somehow become playable in the single player campaign if we unlocked something. Oh the days before good internet!

I'll be following closely to see how you progress!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: This is awesome dude! Reply with quote Back to top

I have the Turok 2 PC portable and never get tired of playing it with house guests, etc. Keep us updated dude! This is truly remarkable and I'm stoked to see your progress. MultiX Cool Very Happy

MecaCool
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Sorry I have not been over here in awhile. Reply with quote Back to top

Update: I've been in development in Turok 3 PC Port for some time now which it is not a fast process.

I decided to scratch the custom engine thing and move to getting the ROM provided From the cartridge translated to x86 which after that all the functions need to be reversed so which comes at a time-consuming task I'm in heavy coding on this so sorry for not having anything yet.

When I do I will link it I hope to have a pre-alpha build in 6 months or so no promises tho But I trying hard to get it to that point.

Also, I'm also in development on a new project with this Turok 3 project so I take some on one and then the other so.

I will make a post on this soon so you understand what I am doing.

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for this.

i have sent a PM to you with some thoughts about some features

MecaCool
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject: What I found "Rom Structures" Reply with quote Back to top

CrashOveride wrote:
Cool work! Do you have any notes about the structure of the ROM you can share? And what version of the compiler did they use? I was wondering about that

Well first off:

The N64 game in the disassembly there is no Int main entry like you find in most cases with all programs compiled on Windows Instead the game uses a boot function with os-threads to call and execute data and functions accordingly and run the game there is more to this but that is the basics of that implementation.

And while I was reverse-engineering the .n64 Turok 3 "rom" I found out that in most other console cases like the Gamecube ".dol executable" is the n64 has 1 function that handles multiple secondary functions I should say so for example if you have a function for ai-options & sound-options ext in the game cube in the n64 there is one function that handles all of those and more so lessor functions equal's more performance and less memory output file upon compilation to handle the max memory size of the cartridge I guess
But there is a lot of undefined functions that are only PTR'S to other main data types which can hold some other functions in there through the disassembly as well. So it says there are over 2000 functions but mainly there is properly over maybe 100 game functions alone the rest are undefined functions that access PTR'S and Data types which may or may not hold any function data in the disassembly.

So very strange methods they used but its understanding beings there is less memory you can access and use from the n64 cartridge. So they most likely had to create work around even with writing source code to maximize their efforts on making the game run on smaller memory devices "aka, N64 Console".

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

check your PM, i hope they fix the character limit issue.

back to turok 3 & 4

once you are able to build the window version, i suppose the limitations that programming for the n64 can be left behind right?

for example , as far as i know some of the best N64 mods like mario 64 online work well because they expanded or removed RAM limitations amongst other tricks .

One thing that IMO is missing big time is the ability to play in split screen/ web/LAN coop for turok 3 (like perfect dark)
this can be taken advantage of & introduce new level mechanics for this mode of play, its especially baffling , since a few years prior they released armorines & the story of turok 3 features 2 different characters, & if im not mistaken:
there was a gameshark code that would enable coop, but the frame-rate would suffer quite a bit.
4 player coop featuring Tal-set & Joshua could also be implemented...

it would be nice to have split screen multiplayer sessions where you can have 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4 or any combo of split screen players vs other users with single screens - example you & 3 friends at your home using split scren vs other 6 players with their own screens or multiscreens, etc

of course it would not be fair to include this new options for the remaster, but i suggest that those modes of play or the possibility to include new modes of play (VR/3D, coop, 32 multiplayer, custom levels/weapons, shaders/poly upgrades, modding) be made available as DLC, since all those extras would be nice, but not necessary for regular fans

PS - please , do not remove the OG split screen modes, if there is one thing i hate about PC ports, it to lose the ability to couch multiplay (not everyone has fast internet)

MecaCool
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
check your PM, i hope they fix the character limit issue.

back to turok 3 & 4

once you are able to build the window version, i suppose the limitations that programming for the n64 can be left behind right?

for example , as far as i know some of the best N64 mods like mario 64 online work well because they expanded or removed RAM limitations amongst other tricks .

One thing that IMO is missing big time is the ability to play in split screen/ web/LAN coop for turok 3 (like perfect dark)
this can be taken advantage of & introduce new level mechanics for this mode of play, its especially baffling , since a few years prior they released armorines & the story of turok 3 features 2 different characters, & if im not mistaken:
there was a gameshark code that would enable coop, but the frame-rate would suffer quite a bit.
4 player coop featuring Tal-set & Joshua could also be implemented...

it would be nice to have split screen multiplayer sessions where you can have 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4 or any combo of split screen players vs other users with single screens - example you & 3 friends at your home using split scren vs other 6 players with their own screens or multiscreens, etc

of course it would not be fair to include this new options for the remaster, but i suggest that those modes of play or the possibility to include new modes of play (VR/3D, coop, 32 multiplayer, custom levels/weapons, shaders/poly upgrades, modding) be made available as DLC, since all those extras would be nice, but not necessary for regular fans

PS - please , do not remove the OG split screen modes, if there is one thing i hate about PC ports, it to lose the ability to couch multiplay (not everyone has fast internet)

Quote:
please, do not remove the OG split-screen modes

That's True I will not remove OG split-screen Play.

Quote:
(VR/3D, coop, 32 multiplayer, custom levels/weapons, shaders/poly upgrades, modding) be made available as DLC

That was my plan to add a patch with source code to mod the game if people wanted too and maybe add a VR/3D Support as well. But, as of now it is getting the 2 games Turok 3 && Turok 4 up and running on windows before I release a patch with the source for people to have the ability to mod the game or make use of VR/3D Patches.

Quote:
once you are able to build the window version, I suppose the limitations that programming for the n64 can be left behind right?

Well yes as of now we have the only emulation of the N64 games and we have come along way with the technology of emulation with just getting 60fps in emulation was a huge success leap.

Of course, there were other major leaps in tech success that I did not mention.

But with a windows Clone aka Port, of Turok 3 they will have no limitations to 60fps and better graphics sounds ext. Just the renderer will be faster and great I mean FOV change support widescreen 4k resolution support I mean the list goes on and on which is why people really prefer playing games on the PC because it is such a great experience to have.

Some of these features may be on Emulators But don't do them better than what PC Clones aka Ports can do which can do better and faster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: