ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Reverse Animation Issue...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reverse Animation Issue... Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try and keep this short and to the point. In Pheonarx's Escape mission, Bond completes the mission with a reversed animation. Originally, he used a cycle counter to remove the prop weapon from Bond's hand. This is fine and well, and Rare did this often, but it doesn't look right when using animation speed cheat options.

What I wanted to do, was what Rare did in Frigate. Bond performs a certain portion of the animation, stops on a specified frame, when he stops it removes the prop weapon, then it sets him to complete the rest of the animation.

Problem is, doing this with a reversed animation is not cooperating for me. I might just be doing it incorrectly, though. Sometimes it feels like it might be on the right track, but then the second animation part is wrong. Or other times Bond is floating in the air doing nothing.

Anyway, I am using animation 062. He starts squatted, takes out a gun, pulls back on the slide, stands up, arm up, then aims forward. I need it to start at frame 007F, when his arm is up. Then he goes in reverse to frame 0018, when his arm is behind his back. That's when the prop weapon would be removed. Then he would complete the rest of the animation from 0018 to 0000 (holding the final frame).

Any help would be great. I might be able to figure it out if I keep going, but it's just becoming annoying and feels like my time would be more beneficial to other parts of the compilation pack right now.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just want to post to let you know that I'm not ignoring you, but mightn't have too much that's useful to help as I'm mainly PD in my knowledge. I've hit a few oddities there however when I tried to do an action cut. Rare had done this before and the standout thing was heaps of 0003 commands in the action block however I put this to the side too as I was unable to get it going correctly.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reverse animation flag will only work if the animation in question is set to loop - have you checked that?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe I had looked, and the animation is not set to loop. However, Pheonarx still had the animation in reverse for the Escape outro scene. It worked just fine, and removed Bond's weapon by cycle counter. I had wanted to split the animation up into two parts, removing the weapon in between, like Frigate does. This looks better when using something like slow animation, as a timer will remove it prematurely. If I have to use a timer, I will. But I had preferred to go this route, as I have put an extra effort into getting outro scenes working properly even with certain cheats active. Nothing like having doors slam in 007's face and never ending until the player presses a button.

As for MRKane, I'm not quite sure what you are talking about..?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: