ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 106, 107, 108  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can probably just truncate tailing 0C at end after the first when I read it in. I'll look tomorrow.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One possibility may be to have Editor assume final monitor slot ends with one 0C, and any added after as padding are not part of the animation? I'm not going to pretend like I know how to program, but that's one random thought.

Edit: By the way, after testing, I found that you can use a 09 Jump to Routine entry on an animation and point it to anywhere in RAM you have stored data for it to use. That means the original table size wouldn't have to be the limit, as you can put animations outside of it, too. This would require support, though. An option within the 09 / 0A types settings "RAM Location". I'm not sure how you would set that up, though, as once the Editor reloads the ROM, it will see it as a normal 09 / 0A type and possibly act up? Unless if it checks the RAM address is not within the table space (80030B74 - 80031F00), to leave it alone?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The editor will assume it's inside the range, find associated slot/subindex, and write that address. If it's outside the range, it will just default to slot 0/subindex 0. I changed it now, so if it's outside the range (if doesn't match a slot/index), it will just write as is. Selecting in editor will allow you to override it back, but you can't change it to an address (do that manually in hex). That should at least allow you to try what you want.

I did fix it to truncate the 0C at end and just rewrite same value of anything out of range, so maybe that will help you. You can't edit the animation commands in any jumps in editor, if they're out of range, so unfortunately that's a bit of hex to do so, and setup too.

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How hard would it be to add a function to add songs with custom samples? Since the current way of adding sampled songs is kinda... janky? (with samples I mean instruments ^^)

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Coockie1173 wrote:
How hard would it be to add a function to add songs with custom samples? Since the current way of adding sampled songs is kinda... janky? (with samples I mean instruments ^^)

Not sure I really understand what you're proposing. But isn't that just importing a really, really long wav and a midi of one note?

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Coockie1173 wrote:

Not sure I really understand what you're proposing. But isn't that just importing a really, really long wav and a midi of one note?

nvm I realised my suggestion was kinda dumb ^^
Thanks anyways

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A question and potentially a bug:
I'm trying to import a texture, 8-bit Greyscale, into PD so that white is an alpha of 255 and black is 0. While this seems to work fine on the Goldeneye side of things it's just not working for me in PD. Essentially I'm after a texture akin to the one 01E7 in PD.

Have I stumbled across a bug, or do I just not know what I'm doing? Cheers!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'll need to provide specific steps and files, but I believe both image engines are basically the same. So they should import images the same, then it's a matter of your displaylist having the right stuff. Other than 1172 1173 compression header data on images is the same.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found an issue when importing a new level if a texture is added, I've provided a video and test files.

The new rom that's created with the texture in it will not resave, this an issue that keeps coming up when I try to edit TSWLM mod and some of my own mods I'm working on.

This only happens when I use the latest Beta, the stable release seems fine.

Here's a link to the video showing my exact steps using latest Beta.
=Removed=

Link to the Files I used.
=Removed=
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Last edited by 00action on Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I fixed that in beta - it wasn't extending images and clearing out the extra image bytes (the first time) on that way of converting. It was caused when the editor stopped overwriting the image bytes every time, only the first, but that spot was missed.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was fast! I think you have done it! seems to be working just fine. Thanx.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About the extended images issue - if I added an image to my ROM with the previous beta editor, will it be fixed next time I save?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you opened in image editor and rewrote it extended properly, or did another conversion on the same ROM. Then it's just about manually clearing the bytes for image table in 21990 file, if that was not done due to this the first time (28570 + (# Images * 4) + 4) to 2D9D0.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The image issue is happening again. I did this by opening a new GE ROM, add image to end and save ROM.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
The image issue is happening again. I did this by opening a new GE ROM, add image to end and save ROM.

The fix for that was:
0x1017AC in ROM
It should be 000FC080, when fixed. Shifting left 2 instead of 3.

I tried your test map you sent, and it did work fine in Glide. Not sure, can you maybe double check the process of what you did? I'm not recreating the issue.

I also breakpoint read at 8004B0A8/8004B0AC (0x28570 + (0x3B5 * 8 )), which is the old spot, and it is not being hit at all on loading Dam, but I am seeing it hit the new spot.

Can you double check your process and steps and editor? Include a patch as well I guess. What date does editor show?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 65 of 108

Jump to: