ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Weirdo texture bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Weirdo texture bug Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having a strange texture bug with this model, where some textures break from a distance, like clamping being broken for one texture, and black spots appearing on others:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/626222005469052930/717553505069564005/IMG_20200602_214117.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/626222005469052930/717553211275477003/IMG_20200602_213949.jpg
This only happens on console

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have experienced some distance texture corruption aswell in a couple of custom textures but not exactly like what it's shown in your pictures.
The solution for me was creating custom mipmaps instead of relying in the automatically generated. However, I don't know if your texture can mipmap or is too big.

If you are curious about my corrupted textures they can be seen in my Golden Nintendo Maps romhack. Enter Surface 2 and you'll start at the Boss room in the Forest Temple, then go to the elevator area and you'll notice something weird going on with the clearest floor texture: https://oi1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/weirdmipmapingvirus_zpsa655448b.png
I didn't bothered fixing it because you can't get there in multi.
Another texture with issues that I did fix was the railing in Big Boo's Haunt. For some reason, the top brown part was getting turquoise like the rest of the texture as it mipmapped. Maybe if you reimport the base texture without the custom mipmaps you can reproduce the issue again.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those textures that are breaking are all mipmapable, and were set to 6 levels. How do i do custom mipmaps?
Interestingly, Pavarini's tutorial says not to make face textures mipmapped, so I'll try without them

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Putting the textures with no mipmapping fixed the issues.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed one side of my personal head model starts to go dark at the seam connecting to the face as you get further away. I'll have to check it out better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: