ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[HOW TO] Adding Objectives Mid-Mission...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Done, check bunker of latest footsteps patch thanks

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent. I'll try setting this up in Descent tomorrow.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, I couldn't wait to give it a shot. From my tests, it works exactly as it should. Even if you beat the level with cheats, then click to next mission, and it goes back to the level you just completed, the objectives are reset to normal. That's definitely a really great improvement, and it is incredibly easy to use. I really do hope we see people start incorporating surprise objectives in their missions. It's a nice way to keep the player on their toes, at least for their first time through (or if they haven't played it in a while). Fantastic work.

I added the info to my first post. I've kept the original data, but recommend using the new action.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With the bunker tutorial you can force the objective status to refresh by adding 1 to the address - this will show an [#X Incomplete] message. The alternative is to have custom text like what you've done with Zka, or just not have any text shown and only be shown at the mission complete briefing page.

Since I've added this to the footsteps, nearly all the tower project missions use this in some way. Didn't expect for it to be as useful as I thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: