ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New Sedation Discovery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pendragon1995
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: New Sedation Discovery? Reply with quote Back to top

I was working on a sniper rifle meant to sedate enemies(cuz that hasn't been done before!) when I came across an interesting phenomena: I shot an enemy around 1 times with sedate on five round burst mode and he turned into an ally!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, guess what you just did? You used the exact same bitflags that are set on the Psychosis Gun for your custom Sniper Rifle. I'm not sure if it's the "00200000" that does it on its own, since the "00000200" only disorients them. Maybe you could try it with just the one? Either way, pretty fun find.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Pendragon1995
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the code I used. I'm not sure what you meant by the whole bitflag thing, but I'm still new to the whole hexadecimal thing.

Code:
8006E3E5 00FF
8006E675 0014
8106E3F4 3F80
8106E69A E3D4

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I can tell...

8006E3E5 00FF tranq sedate fuction bitflags = Set all in slot
8106E3F4 3F80 tranq sedate function accuracy = 1.0
8006E675 0014 sniper first function ammo = 20 rounds
8106E69A E3D4 sniper first function = tranq sedate

Instead of using "8006E3E5 00FF", try "8006E3E5 0020" instead. See if that gives you the same results, either with your custom Sniper Rifle or the Tranq.

Pendragon1995
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No luck. If I really want a tranquilizer rifle, I'll work it out so don't worry about it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That didn't give the Psychosis effect on either the Tranq or your custom Sniper? Maybe there is more to it, then.

Anyway, if all you want is to disorient people with your Sniper Rifle, than just try this code...

8006E61E 0022

That should make characters become disoriented when shot by the Sniper Rifle's standard function. You'll need to add the other code to make your magazine larger, but don't use anything else to switch functions or it won't work.

Pendragon1995
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've changed the tranquilizer's image to that of the sniper rifle but how do I shift it lower? I've got the Y- and X- axes but can't get the Y positioning right. The gun is too high and you can see through it. Are there any ways to get negative hex values?

Code:
8106E47C 038C
8106E47E 04CD
8106E4A8 41A8
8106E4AC 0000
8106E46E E594
8106E4A2 B120

1-Image mod Tranq-Sniper
2-Image mod Tranq-Sniper
3-X-position
4-Y-position
5-Reload animation
6-Zoom

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try "3F80" (1.0) as your Y height, and add or subtract until you get it to a good position. If still no good, go with "BF80" (-1.0) and adjust it.

Pendragon1995
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I knew that they had some way of adjusting the Y-axis, I just didn't know what it was. Thanks!

Kyreshirem
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
That didn't give the Psychosis effect on either the Tranq or your custom Sniper? Maybe there is more to it, then.

Anyway, if all you want is to disorient people with your Sniper Rifle, than just try this code...

8006E61E 0022

That should make characters become disoriented when shot by the Sniper Rifle's standard function. You'll need to add the other code to make your magazine larger, but don't use anything else to switch functions or it won't work.

This helped me get an idea for my copy of Perfect Dark. I went and used this code you provided, but for the Cyclone and it worked! Are there digits to where you can have the same dizziness effect as the Crossbow's? It also made me think about the Combat Knife's secondary function. By the way, there was no muzzle flash for the newly edited Cyclone (probably because the Tranquilizer doesn't have one). If there's any way to change the muzzle flash for weapons, I would love to find out, because I love the way the RC-P45 fires.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Muzzle flashes are built into the weapon models. There are simpler ones, and others that have more going on. So you can't give, let's say the MagSec 4 the K7 Avenger muzzle flash, unless you edit the model itself.

The crossbow probably has some extra hardcoded data, as it is a very unique weapon. The knife is comparable, as it is also a projectile that sticks into surfaces.

Kyreshirem
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's okay; I figured muzzle flashes were too special to be changed and didn't care too much for them. However, it's too bad for making custom weapons in that area. RIP hopes and dreams shooting poisoned bullets and to an extent, explosive shells as strong as the Rocket Launcher/Slayer. Sad

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interestingly shooting some guards in the feet with the snipers rifle, if they've not been alerted to you, can switch them to being an ally. I can do it reliably in crash site if you scope the first guard in the snow cave and shoot his foot. No idea what's happening there either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: