ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 106, 107, 108  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For consistency I'd make that combo box also -1 to sync with the soundfont's internal IDs

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
For consistency I'd make that combo box also -1 to sync with the soundfont's internal IDs

I'm not sure if that's more or less confusing? Since real spot is the value there. I guess casual user it's less confusing, because it matches sound digits. Not sure. But it doesn't reflect actual ASM data. Was that done anywhere else?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I did that for the explosion and weapon's sfx combo box

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ok, I updated so it is similar now in beta, automatically +/- 1. Just be aware in ASM it actually is +1 of value shown.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I'm pretty sure they wrapped the sound IDs with a +1 macro for all the interface/action blocks anyway

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been having some really weird issues with the Edit Object window, where if you go to check the Object # list, it gives you bad results, and repeated numbers. It's like something is not updating properly.

I am also running into some strange behaviour with alternate sky blocks. I have been updating Terrell's Research Bunker 2 mission, and wanted to add a sky for the gas leak. I tried to set the Bunker 1 4-P sky (0x17) to be green, and have that as Bunker 2 1P-Alt. But, it did not go green. It went greyish. So, I tried using the one before it, Bunker 1 3-P (0x16), to be blue. That also did not work, and it still went grey. I ended up testing a GameShark code to change the sky colour of block 0x15 (which is Bunker 1 2-P), and that worked... So, what is going on here with these?

ACTUALLY, I think I may have figured out something myself. In every level that has an alternate sky, the original and alt are together, one after the other. So maybe it does not just look for the +0x64 ID value, but actually just jumps to next sky block in list? Because Bunker 1 2-P comes right after Bunker 2 1-P.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm not sure about the sky? I think someone just provided me that info.

How do you recreate the object bug on a stock level?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To switch from prim sky to alt sky it needs the alt sky to be assigned right after the prim sky or else it'll crash. I'm not sure if this is extended to multiplayer skies

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I am also running into some strange behaviour with alternate sky blocks. I have been updating Terrell's Research Bunker 2 mission, and wanted to add a sky for the gas leak. I tried to set the Bunker 1 4-P sky (0x17) to be green, and have that as Bunker 2 1P-Alt. But, it did not go green. It went greyish. So, I tried using the one before it, Bunker 1 3-P (0x16), to be blue. That also did not work, and it still went grey. I ended up testing a GameShark code to change the sky colour of block 0x15 (which is Bunker 1 2-P), and that worked... So, what is going on here with these?

ACTUALLY, I think I may have figured out something myself. In every level that has an alternate sky, the original and alt are together, one after the other. So maybe it does not just look for the +0x64 ID value, but actually just jumps to next sky block in list? Because Bunker 1 2-P comes right after Bunker 2 1-P.

I can't remember whether it was GE or PD I did last, but I know whenever I've tried using an alt. sky I've needed to set both skies to the same ID instead of using the +0x64 one.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The object editor I think was related to new combobox - it should be fixed now, I think.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Object editor still broken, please do the following steps [video]

Open bunker i setup
Open object editor
Open 'object #' combo box
Switch to object category 03 and open object # combo box [it should be broken and show only items 11-17]

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Than the +0x64 on the level ID is only meant as a way for developers to keep track, and not actually used by the game for the alt sky? I am fairly sure that the intro cinema and multiplayer skies do look for the current level ID plus corresponding value, but I'll give it a look. This was very old info, and likely was not thoroughly tested.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ack you're right. I disabled the special logic for those object editor controls, it wasn't compatible for the approach there of trying to make more optimized...

should be fixed in beta now.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks - appears to be fixed.

Noticed another minor bug - right click a 2E camera object, click set camera to visual then press TAB, the crosshair cursor will not appear while in fly mode. After doing this, it requires clicking the background before TAB will show the crosshair icon again. This did not happen with the last build before the UI update.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Thanks - appears to be fixed.

Noticed another minor bug - right click a 2E camera object, click set camera to visual then press TAB, the crosshair cursor will not appear while in fly mode. After doing this, it requires clicking the background before TAB will show the crosshair icon again. This did not happen with the last build before the UI update.

Hmm I'm actually unable to reproduce this. I guess I need a video just to be sure I'm doing it right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 74 of 108

Jump to: