ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This logs out messages to: Temp\MouseEvents.txt

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/priv/runwaysetupeditordebugflymodemessages.rar

See if maybe anything interesting happens during that time?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I assume message 00000200 is normal - however when it does stutter I get messages 00000100/00000101

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WM_MOUSEMOVE 0x200

WM_KEYDOWN 0x100
WM_KEYUP 0x101

Not certain why you would be getting so many key down, key up?

When I do it, I get repeated:

(101 is only when key up for W unpressed)

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I don't press any keys (WASD) then the only message I get is WM_MOUSEMOVE.

I thought maybe it was PreTranslateMessage() conflicting with flymode messages but even if I disable it during fly mode it still stutters, I tried adjusting the render() call within FlyMode() but that didn't fix the issues. I also tried removing sleep and the window focus logic, which didn't do anything.

I guess I never noticed this issue until recently - or something on my end has changed.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to update my installation of the Goldeneye/PD editor (which was running fine), so I deleted it's folder, and downloaded and unarchived Goldeneye Setup Editor v4.3.0.7z to the (now empty) same folder:

C:\GEEdit4

but when I run PerfectGold.exe, I get an error message saying:

"The program can't start because mfc140.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
"

Is there a further program that needs to be installed to get this latest version of the editor working?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess that's this?
That's odd though, I'm not sure why you'd need VS2015 redistributable.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I guess that's this?
That's odd though, I'm not sure why you'd need VS2015 redistributable.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

Sorry, I meant to reply earlier, but things have been hectic here.

Anyway, from the beginning; I am running Windows 7 64-bit on my PC, and as far as I know, everything works fine. My installation of the PD/Goldeneye editor worked, but was out of date (I don't know how out of date, sorry). So I deleted the files from the directory, and downloaded the 4.3 zip file from:

https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor

and unzipped the files (via 7zip) to that folder (C:\GEEdit4) but when I then ran PerfectGold.exe, I get an error message saying:

Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
"

So I downloaded and installed the C++ library program that you named, but then when I ran PerfectGold.exe it complained that:

vcruntime140_1.dll was not found (yes, this missing file had "_1" at the end of the filename).

So I downloaded and tried to install other versions of the C++ library program (yep, idiot alert Embarassed ). These are:

14,974,616 VC_redist.x64 (1).exe
14,990,824 vc_redist.x64.exe
14,413,048 VC_redist.x86 (1).exe
14,157,672 vc_redist.x86.exe

and now, when I run the file PerfectGold.exe, nothing happens. No error message or anything. And the program has started, because if I go to Windows Task Managr > Processes > then it shows:

PerfectGold.exe CPU = 00 Memory = 4,064K

And if I then double click on PerfectGold.exe again, then I get two listed in the Task Manager. If I start the program five times then five instances show up in the Task Manager.

Anyway, I've just downloaded the Goldeneye editor v4.2 from the same web page (https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor, and that works fine on my PC. It's the v4.3 that doesn't work on my PC. I tried both the v4.3 installer and the archive (.7z) version, with the same results.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's really strange, is it happening to anyone else?

Try disabling styles, it is a different styles version, in geeditor.ini, under [Initialization]
useStylesGOLDENEYE=0
useStylesKIRBY=0
useStylesPD=0
useStylesSNAP=0
useStylesSSB=0
useStylesMICKEY=0
useStylesJFG=0

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
useStylesKIRBY=0

Am I missing something? It's Kirby 64 currently supported?
I guess you meant DKR, hehe.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
SubDrag wrote:
useStylesKIRBY=0

Am I missing something? It's Kirby 64 currently supported?
I guess you meant DKR, hehe.

Yeah DKR, Kirby is not being added. There is someone working on Kirby fyi
https://gitlab.com/scuttlebugraiser/kirby-64-hack-project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM6PQTFleEo

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
That's really strange, is it happening to anyone else?

Try disabling styles, it is a different styles version, in geeditor.ini, under [Initialization]
useStylesGOLDENEYE=0
useStylesKIRBY=0
useStylesPD=0
useStylesSNAP=0
useStylesSSB=0
useStylesMICKEY=0
useStylesJFG=0

My geeditor.ini consists of two lines:

[Initialization]

(That's the '[Initialization]' on one line, and one blank line beneath that. Anyway, I copied and pastes, so it's now:

[Initialization]
useStylesGOLDENEYE=0
useStylesKIRBY=0
useStylesPD=0
useStylesSNAP=0
useStylesSSB=0
useStylesMICKEY=0
useStylesJFG=0[/quote]

and running PerfectGold.exe still just seemingly does nothing except show

PerfectGold.exe 00 (CPU) 4,088K Memory

in the Task Manager.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's so weird. Does popping the 4.3 exe in the 4.2 folder, along with the couple files specified on github also have the same issue?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I would try uninstall VS Redist 2015 and 2019 and install the latest VS2019 64-bit redistributable. My build is a lot later, maybe Microsoft changed things? (Note I'm quite confused and no one else yet has said had issue). VS had a lot of updates since 4.2.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
I wanted to update my installation of the Goldeneye/PD editor (which was running fine), so I deleted it's folder, and downloaded and unarchived Goldeneye Setup Editor v4.3.0.7z to the (now empty) same folder:

C:\GEEdit4

but when I run PerfectGold.exe, I get an error message saying:

Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
…
I am running Windows 7 64-bit on my PC
…
cruntime140_1.dll was not found (yes, this missing file had "_1" at the end of the filename)

subdrag wrote:

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:26 pm Post subject:

I think I would try uninstall VS Redist 2015 and 2019 and install the latest VS2019 64-bit redistributable.

Kerr, sounds like you had mfc40 inside your old folder

You should install vs2019 both x86 and x64 (PG is x64 but midi is x86)

So, I was digging around vs and looking at its dependencies and found something interesting.
vs2015-2019 all use mfc40.dll (as opposed to previous vs versions which all had their own mfc as per this list below)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Foundation_Class_Library#Versions

Trev

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
That's so weird. Does popping the 4.3 exe in the 4.2 folder, along with the couple files specified on github also have the same issue?

Do you mean the files

"FBX Support

For legal reasons the FBX SDK cannot be included with the editor. If you want FBX support you'll need to install the FBX SDK and copy C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FBX\FBX SDK\2020.0.1\lib\vs2013\x64\release\libfbxsdk.dll to the editor directory. Then replace GEEdit4\Obj2An8.exe with this version"?

I've just copied the 4.3 exe, and the two files listed above (libfbxsdk.dll, and Obj2An8.ex), but no joy. Running the 4.3 exe in the 4.2 folder, with the above files, just gives me an error message:

"The program can't start because ChartPro1730vc142x64.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

SubDrag wrote:
I think I would try uninstall VS Redist 2015 and 2019 and install the latest VS2019 64-bit redistributable. My build is a lot later, maybe Microsoft changed things? (Note I'm quite confused and no one else yet has said had issue). VS had a lot of updates since 4.2.

I'll try that tomorrow, and post the results, thanks.

Trevor wrote:

Kerr, sounds like you had mfc40 inside your old folder

You should install vs2019 both x86 and x64 (PG is x64 but midi is x86)

So, I was digging around vs and looking at its dependencies and found something interesting.
vs2015-2019 all use mfc40.dll (as opposed to previous vs versions which all had their own mfc as per this list below)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Foundation_Class_Library#Versions

Trev

I did check, and v4.2 does not have mfc140.dll in it, but it does have mfc120.dll.

I think I did install both the x86 and x64 versions of the 2019 Microsoft Visual C++ from the Goldeneye github page, to see if that worked, but I might be wrong, so I've just installed the x86 and x64 versions again, and still no joy. When I run the file PerfectGold.exe, nothing appears to happen. No error message or anything. But the program has started, because if I go to Windows Task Manager > Processes > then it shows

PerfectGold.exe CPU = 00 Memory = 4,096K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 76 of 107

Jump to: