ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Speaking of weapons, would it be possible to add a sixth weapon to the Warehouse multiplayer level? I mean so that an otherwise clean, unaltered Perfect Dark rom would now have the option to include a sixth weapon just like all of the other multiplayer levels already do. Maybe in the vents, as that's where Rare was rumoured to have been intending to place it, if I remember correctly.

That should be fairly trivial with the editor, just adding the missed multi weapon id (assuming one can actually run the editor).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a question, which could have added support for Editor modification. How do you set the maximum sniper zoom? The value assigned for it in the weapon stats appears to be the starting zoom when you begin the level. I would imagine the max is set somewhere in ASM. It would be nice to play around with that.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Here's a question, which could have added support for Editor modification. How do you set the maximum sniper zoom? The value assigned for it in the weapon stats appears to be the starting zoom when you begin the level. I would imagine the max is set somewhere in ASM. It would be nice to play around with that.

Just in quick testing the zoom, it seems like it sets the max value. And then the number of zoom spots sort of is a scaling factor? Not 100% sure. But I think there's only the one weapon zoom in weapon block.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. I am mostly curious because of Runway. As most of us here are fully aware, zooming in all the way causes some really bizarre visuals. Parts of the background pull away from each other, and props / characters will appear to float. If you pull it back a tiny bit, it does help. I had wanted to play around with the max zoom to see just how much you'd need to reduce it so this issue goes away. When I modified the value in the sniper rifle weapon block, it only seemed to change the default zoom at the start of the level (when you first bring up the crosshairs). Standing in the same spot and zooming in full, when either at the default 15.0, or when changed to 30.0, made no difference. [rescaling the level to 1.0 presented its own issues while testing]

Oh, by the way, I've run into that Egypt sky transition issue again in another mod I'm working on. The gas sound effect plays temporarily as the sky switches after killing the second Samedi. Any idea why this is happening sometimes? Should I shoot a patch over to you, SubDrag, to see what's gone on?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hmmm. I am mostly curious because of Runway. As most of us here are fully aware, zooming in all the way causes some really bizarre visuals. Parts of the background pull away from each other, and props / characters will appear to float. If you pull it back a tiny bit, it does help. I had wanted to play around with the max zoom to see just how much you'd need to reduce it so this issue goes away. When I modified the value in the sniper rifle weapon block, it only seemed to change the default zoom at the start of the level (when you first bring up the crosshairs). Standing in the same spot and zooming in full, when either at the default 15.0, or when changed to 30.0, made no difference. [rescaling the level to 1.0 presented its own issues while testing]

Oh, by the way, I've run into that Egypt sky transition issue again in another mod I'm working on. The gas sound effect plays temporarily as the sky switches after killing the second Samedi. Any idea why this is happening sometimes? Should I shoot a patch over to you, SubDrag, to see what's gone on?

Yeah not sure how zoom works.

That issue I thought was related to the explosion sounds on ammo page. There were some bad editor changes accidentally bumping the # by one. Didn't think it was still happening. Do they still look good?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only issue with the explosion sounds I remember, was that I was hearing a rocket launcher shot when certain things blew up. I think this gas sound has something more to do with the Stage Options Hardcoded Stage Ids, where there is the (Egypt) Fade FB Action set, and an invert option beneath it. Like maybe something goes bad randomly on export, even if you didn't touch that stuff. I'm going to recheck my ROM, because it may only be happening on console.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I took a look at the Fade for Egypt, as it is exported from the Editor if you set a different ID and click the inverse box, versus a regular GE ROM. There was one of those differences that was actually applied to my ROMs, even though I am almost positive I never messed with any of that...

@ F620C
from 1000FFFF
to 2402001E

It is worth noting that the second ROM that this was happening to, appears to have been built off of the same one that was affected previously. So it technically only happened once. I'll need to verify this fixes the issue on console. Edit: Yeah, I didn't notice it this time.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have that noted as

// Write Fix for Default Text Bank
//7F0C16DC: F620C default text bank
//2402001E *ADDIU V0,R0,001E
WriteLongToBuffer(mainSetup.GEROM, 0xF620C, 0x2402001E);

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Totally not the correct place to ask, but does PD have re-indexing with animations or do we still have to delete all of the Skedar animations to insert new ones?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought of something during a discussion in Discord about model templates. It looks like the three newest things that were added for weapons are not supported on export. The muzzle flash extension, force of impact, and ejected casings. I'm not sure if maybe it should just copy out every piece of data, regardless if we know what it is for at this time?

By the way, there are still at least 8 unknowns (or unsupported things) in the Editor for weapons / gadgets / items. Would it be possible to have some sort of .txt file readout for them all, that has the 0x70 sized blocks spit out? It could help fill in some blanks, possibly. This is the info I have on it...

Statistics (* newly confirmed)
0x00: Muzzle Flash Extension
0x04: On-Screen X Position
0x08: On-Screen Y Position
0x0C: On-Screen Z Position
*0x10: Aim Upward Shift
*0x14: Aim Downward Shift
*0x18: Aim Lef/Right Shift
0x1E: Ammunition Type
0x20: Magazine Size
0x22: Fire - Automatic
0x23: Fire - Single Shot
0x24: Penetration
0x25: Sound Trigger Rate
0x26: Sound Effect
0x28: Ejected Casings (RAM address)
0x2C: Damage
0x30: Inaccuracy
0x34: Scope
*0x38: Crosshair Speed
*0x3C: Weapon Aim/Lock-On Speed
0x40: Sway
0x44: Recoil Speed
0x48: Recoil Backward
0x4C: Recoil Upward
0x50: Recoil Bolt
0x54: Volume to AI, Minimum
0x58: Volume to AI, Maximum
0x5C:
0x60:
0x64:
0x68: Force of Impact
0x6C: Flags

Last edited by Wreck on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right, I forgot about templates for that update. Maybe we can see about the remaining entries and then update to a new template version.

These seem missing from template, besides the unknown spots:
0x00: Muzzle Flash Extension
0x25: Sound Trigger Rate
0x26: Sound Effect
0x28: Ejected Casings (RAM address)
0x68: Force of Impact

Sound effect was intentionally skipped I think. Not sure what sound trigger rate is. Don't think on gui?

Not 100% sure it's right...but something like this
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mm80i0wjjd54e3d/gunchunk.txt/file

Open in excel split by comma.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sound trigger rate is the number of frames the firing sound effect is triggered while holding down fire, it's included on the GUI

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent! Thanks for the file. I know I found other stuff earlier this year, but I couldn't find a file with the notes for the life of me. I recalled these things happening during tests, and have confirmed (again?) what they are...

0x10: Aim Upward Shift
0x14: Aim Downward Shift
0x18: Aim Left/Right Shift

That's for when you bring up the crosshair and move around to aim. The weapon will shift as you do so. The larger the amount, the further it will move the entire model. The less, and it will stay mostly in place, but point the tip toward the target.

I'll continue checking the others.

0x38: Crosshair Speed
0x3C: Weapon Aim/Lock-On Speed

Crosshair speed is how quickly it moves around on screen. The Weapon Aim/Lock-On Speed is how the model moves around, when either bringing up the crosshair to aim, or when auto-aim locks it onto someone. The lower these values, the quicker they'll move. The higher, and the slower they'll be. If you go too high (probably above 1.0), it can get really screwed up. The guns can slowly move off screen, the crosshair can move up into a corner, and the guns can even move into the center of the screen and float.

Alright, so here's what I am thinking for the last little bit. It actually mostly matches up with Perfect Dark's weapon volume chunk, which is 0x14 in length. But what each value controls, that needs to be determined...

Volume to AI, Single Shot
0x54 GE: 0.0, 1.0, 2.0
0x00 PD: always 0.0

Volume to AI, Multiple Shots
0x58 GE: 0.0, 1.0, 2.0, 4.0, 5.0, 7.0, 9.0, 10.0, 12.0, 16.0, 20.0, 25.0
0x04 PD: 0.0, 3.0, 9.0, 14.0, 18.0, 22.0, 25.0, 35.0

0x5C GE: 0.0, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 10.0
0x08 PD: 0.0, 1.0, 1.3999999762, 2.0, 3.0, 15.0

0x60 GE: mostly 2.0, 1.0 for Watch Laser
0x0C PD: mostly 1.0, 5.0 for projectile launchers

0x64 GE: always 4.0 [only exception is camera]
0x10 PD: always 6.0

I am having a hard time trying to sort out the other three. They seem to impact each other as you manipulate the values. Two of them are always set to a certain value (barring super minor exceptions), leaving just one that has varying amounts. My thoughts were time between shots before it is considered as multiple, possibly time sound remains active, multiplier for 2x weapons, sound delay over distance, etc. But it's not easy to sort it out.

0x5C ranges from 0.0 up to 10.0 (Rocket Launcher and Tank)
0x60 vast majority is 2.0, with few 1.0 (Watch Laser, Watch Magnet Attract, and Camera)
0x64 almost all 4.0 , with 1.0 (Camera)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK sounds good, I updated, but I'll hold off on updating to a new template version/beta editor until we see if those last unknowns are known or not. It will still be compatible with the old templates, but new ones will include the new findings.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since 0x60 and 0x64 always use the same values for each (other than watch laser and camera, basically), it is very difficult to try and figure out what they might be for. They do factor in if you change them, but since Rare kept consistent values for them, it's probably their baseline, for whatever the effects are. Watch Laser might have been changed due to its super high rate of fire.

Now, 0x5C is where I was focusing my efforts on today. My testing area has been Runway, inside the little shelter that has the ignition key. I've been going into the left corner across from the doorway, and firing above the filing cabinets with a Klobb to see the response I get. Here are my notes...

Nearest guy ID 15 , Hearing 02EE , Sight 0032
Other guy ID 14 , Hearing 02EE , Sight 0032

3F00 guard appeared after fourth clip, only drew out nearest
3F40 guard appeared after second clip, drew out both guards
3F80 guard appeared after first clip, drew out both guards
4000 guard appeared when first clip depleted at empty sound, drew out both guards

@ 3F80 [1.0]
17 rapid bullets draws out nearest
20 rapid bullets draws out both

@ 4000 [2.0]
8 rapid bullets draws out nearest
9 rapid bullets draws out both

@ 4040 [3.0]
5 rapid bullets draws out nearest
6 rapid bullets draws out both

@ 4080 [4.0]
4 rapid bullets draws out nearest
5 rapid bullets draws out both

@ 40A0 [5.0]
3 rapid bullets draws out nearest
4 rapid bullets draws out both

@ 4120 [10.0]
2 rapid bullets draws out both

So, I'm not really sure exactly how to describe this. It's almost like a time gun is active versus distance thing (dividing distance by active continuous fire time?). These guards can not be alerted from that corner position with the single shot value of 2.0. You need to be firing enough for it to use the 20.0 setting and make it into their hearing range. These guys are pretty close together, but one bullet can make the difference between only the nearest hearing it, or them both.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 80 of 107

Jump to: