ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I called it Rapid-Fire Alertness? I added to beta editor and made V2 of the template format. That V2 Template format contains the additional 2 unknown at 0x60/0x64 as well, just so I wouldn't need to update it again.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds like a decent and short term for it. I may continue to play around with this stuff some more. Now that I kind of know what is going on with the first three pieces, it might help to understand the others. They play a factor, for sure. But a strange thing, is when I set everything to zero except the Single Shot Volume, it alerted everyone in Runway. Even the guys near the plane.

Chris_D
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to everyone for the phenomenal work on the editor!

There is a way to export the "screens" (like 05 Scrolling Green Text (Up)) which saves to a "Screen Binary" .bin file.

Please excuse my ignorance but is there a way to export or convert this into some sort of graphic or video format? Or even just a bunch of bmp files?

Or has anyone ever done this already that I can just download from somewhere? Very Happy

Thanks!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Save the screen textures using the image tool dialog

Chris_D
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I swear I looked through that list 10 times before posting! I'll go through it again tomorrow. Sorry but thanks for the quick reply!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Screens are 0892-08B2

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've a question pertaining to xdelta patches: Can I stack them?

So in the mod that I'm making at the moment there's a few of us working on different things such as music and sound and to avoid a mess I'm wondering if we can work on our own "clean" copies of the ROM and combine the changes with xdeltas later.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That won't work. You need a master rom and manually incorporate changes. For one thing, files like 21990 are compressed and will just intermix bytes horrifically. Xdelta also prevents this from happening and input CRC has to match or it won't apply. IPS bypasses this, but will still not work because of the touching the same things.

Chris_D
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Screens are 0892-08B2

Thanks man.

I don't know how I missed it to be honest.

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
That won't work. You need a master rom and manually incorporate changes. For one thing, files like 21990 are compressed and will just intermix bytes horrifically. Xdelta also prevents this from happening and input CRC has to match or it won't apply. IPS bypasses this, but will still not work because of the touching the same things.

Bummer, so that means that I need to work with one master rom that has changes made to it in due process. (I assume?)

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.
Someone will need to be appointed Rom compiler and all contributions need to be filtered through them.
They then compile the rom and redistribute for debugging.

Trev

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was the weapon item bitflag dialog removed from game configuration? I can't seem to find it

Chris_D
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How do the scaling properties for 27 presets work?

For example if I was exporting, say, an oil drum model to an external modeling program let's say the scale of that model is now:

X=1
Y=1
Z=1

If I'm understanding things correctly, let's assume that scale is basically the same as a 00 preset version of the model.

In the GE editor (Presets Expanded checked) the 27 preset values shown are:

XMin: -30.017101
XMax: 30.035959

YMin: -0.000021
YMax: 89.881889

ZMin: -25.746445
ZMax: 34.306652

If I wanted to reproduce the same scale as seen in the GE editor how would I convert the XYZ min/max values to a simpler Vector3 representation of the scale? Is that possible?

Sorry if I'm being totally dumb or not making any sense.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gonna mention something while it is fresh in my mind. It seems that I can't click on and move around a pad that is being used by a 2E Camera object. I do understand that you could potentially move it outside the room the camera object is placed in, which can screw up room rendering during the scene. Maybe it was purposefully done to help prevent that, but it still kind of throws the user off when they can't select the pad.

And does double-clicking on an object open the Object Editor window and bring you right to said object? I've had the Object Editor pop open out of seemingly nowhere, and that may be why.

Chris_D
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
And does double-clicking on an object open the Object Editor window and bring you right to said object? I've had the Object Editor pop open out of seemingly nowhere, and that may be why.

It does.

Though while we're on that subject I'll just mention that often for me it loads in the background behind the visual editor. Which isn't a big deal but might be worth looking at if possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 81 of 107

Jump to: