ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mod to prevent the corpses from disappearing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamboum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Mod to prevent the corpses from disappearing Reply with quote Back to top

https://i.imgur.com/Gv8awW7.png

It is possible to make a mod to prevent the corpses do not disappear?

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

they might disappear for a reason, such as to prevent memory overload and crashing!

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

dreamboum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Coockie1173 wrote:
they might disappear for a reason, such as to prevent memory overload and crashing!

Yes at the time on the N64 console, but on emulator it must be possible?

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is an N64 game. The N64 has limitations. Even emulation has these limits. Even in PD the bodies disappeared. The console itself has limits in hardware. If you still have a problem with this, just imagine they don't disappear.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe he would just like some kind of improvement in any way. They dissapear way too fast it's annoying when you see them disappear in front of you.

There's something you can do thanks to Carnivorous but it require you to download a hex editor like HxD.

Quote:
0x602B8: from 2403005A to 240304B0
0x602C0: from 29E1005A to 29E104B0

Open the rom with your hex editor. At value 602B look for the 8 column and you'll see those numbers 2403005A. Change this to the number indicated 240304B0. Do the same for the other value.

It will make them dissappear in 20 seconds. They will be visible longer even if they will be transparent.
It works on hardware, I finished the game with it.

You can thanks Carnivorous for that.

dreamboum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: Mod to prevent the corpses from disappearing Reply with quote Back to top

https://i.imgur.com/fV9PBdF.png

Hi I tried to follow your tutorial, but the problem I can not find these numbers 2403005A, sorry I'm a beginner!

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Mod to prevent the corpses from disappearing Reply with quote Back to top

dreamboum wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/fV9PBdF.png

Hi I tried to follow your tutorial, but the problem I can not find these numbers 2403005A, sorry I'm a beginner!

wrong offset
press ctrl + g, type the offset and then it should be correct
(offsets being 0x602B8 and 0x602C0)

Contact me:

dreamboum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Mod to prevent the corpses from disappearing Reply with quote Back to top

https://i.imgur.com/m29Ok3J.png

I don't know if I followed the tutorial well, because when I start the Rom it doesn't want to start.

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Mod to prevent the corpses from disappearing Reply with quote Back to top

dreamboum wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/m29Ok3J.png

I don't know if I followed the tutorial well, because when I start the Rom it doesn't want to start.

regenerate CRC by pulling it through the editor

Contact me:

dreamboum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Mod to prevent the corpses from disappearing Reply with quote Back to top

https://i.imgur.com/1giLx8c.png

It works the corpses stay longer, but it's a pity they don't stay forever, but it's better than nothing, thanks for your help.

dreamboum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I come back to ask if it is possible in 2020 to definitively block the corpses and not temporarily?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can but it breaks missions as some of the AI list logic relies on guard IDs being removed from the level, not to mention if all the guards were to die in the same room, this may overflow memory allocations

dreamboum wrote:
Yes at the time on the N64 console, but on emulator it must be possible?
Emulation alone does not override engine limits

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, guards who spawn in (such as from an alarm) reuse an ID, so they won't spawn a replacement if the previous body is still loaded. You'd also at least need to edit the hostage actions in Frigate, as they won't run off until the person that was holding a gun on them has been removed (faded away).

Xenia in Train does only test if she's been removed, which is how you get extra time for Natalya to hack. Other regions added a check if she's been killed, which is much more reliable in this situation (a slow death animation can take too long and not pass the check in time).

Maxout

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unsure why they shouldn't disappear. You run past through them as they disappear anyway. Is this Anti-Grim Reaper thought?

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: