ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can easily update the two prop IDs for the weapons by opening up your ROM in a Hex Editor. Here are the addresses...

CFE82: Silver PP7
Unused Placeholder Prop PchrsilverwppkZ = 00E6

CFE8A: Gold PP7
Unused Placeholder Prop PchrgoldwppkZ = 00E7

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do PD's portals use the extra range? I can't seem to import my settings

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
You can easily update the two prop IDs for the weapons by opening up your ROM in a Hex Editor.

What Hex Editor do you use? I tried this with HxD and the rom stopped working. Tested on different emulators, PJ64 said it was stuck in a loop upon loading the rom.
I then tried just changing them to the DD44's model incase it's a problem with the new models but it also stopped working. I tried with an original GE rom and the same thing happened.
All I did was change the two 00BF at the addresses, so I think there might be an issue with using HxD.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Do PD's portals use the extra range? I can't seem to import my settings

Don't believe it's supported - which is why GE : X had a lot of portal issues.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RyanDwyer wrote:
Uufje wrote:
I'm currently working on a new PD level which uses the CamSpy. I have noticed that in G5 Building the CamSpy can get lower to the ground than in other levels. When I move my new level to the G5 Building slot, I notice I can get the CamSpy lower as well, so it is some hardcoded setting related to G5's level slot. Is it possible to move this setting to another level slot, and if yes, could it be implemented into the editor?

For SubDrag, here's the relevant code if you're interested:

Code:
/*  f0d03e0:    0fc59585 */     jal    stageGetIndex
/*  f0d03e4:    8e0404b4 */     lw     $a0,0x4b4($s0)
/*  f0d03e8:    2401000a */     addiu  $at,$zero,0xa
/*  f0d03ec:    50410006 */     beql   $v0,$at,.L0f0d0408
/*  f0d03f0:    3c0141f0 */     lui    $at,0x41f0
/*  f0d03f4:    0fc59585 */     jal    stageGetIndex
/*  f0d03f8:    8e0404b4 */     lw     $a0,0x4b4($s0)
/*  f0d03fc:    24010012 */     addiu  $at,$zero,0x12

The decompile of this is:

Code:
if (stageGetIndex(g_Vars.stagenum) == 0xa || stageGetIndex(g_Vars.stagenum) == 0x12) {
   var80070ed4 = 30;
} else {
   var80070ed4 = 80;
}

0xa is the stage index of G5 Building. 0x12 is the stage index of CI training. var80070ed4 is a float.

Thanks, that saves a lot of time. Also had no idea about this camspy thing. Added to editor Stage Select 2 in Game Configuration tab.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Thanks, that saves a lot of time. Also had no idea about this camspy thing. Added to editor Stage Select 2 in Game Configuration tab.

That works like a charm, thanks Very Happy

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

StupidMarioBros1Fan wrote:
What Hex Editor do you use? I tried this with HxD and the rom stopped working. Tested on different emulators, PJ64 said it was stuck in a loop upon loading the rom.

Recalculate your ROM's CRC after editing.

SubDrag wrote:
Don't believe it's supported - which is why GE : X had a lot of portal issues.

Yes, PD dropped the extra range value. Thanks for confirming.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, as Carnivorous mentioned, you will need to recalculate the CRC checksum after making manual edits to the ROM. You can either use an option in the GE Editor (under tools), or just open it up in Game Configuration menu and resave it there.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Works now, thanks. Very Happy

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'd like to request a feature another footstep's only action block editor adjustment. For the play x music track command, please make it so when the third argument is set to FF, it'll show (Forever) instead of (04 Mins 15 Secs).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Hi, I'd like to request a feature another footstep's only action block editor adjustment. For the play x music track command, please make it so when the third argument is set to FF, it'll show (Forever) instead of (04 Mins 15 Secs).

OK that's updated

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

gc_artuso87
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are there any plans to implement in creating custom slot entries for additional missions or MP levels in the future, as there are some unused entries in the ROM?

14 - Citadel
16 - sho
18 - eld
1B - lue
1D - rit
1F - ear
20 - lee
21 - lip
23 - wax
24 - pam
25 - x

I'm aware you need 4 files for this to work;
- UsetupxxxZ
- UbriefxxxZ
- bg/bg_xxx.seg
- Tbg_xxx_xxx_Z

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did use eleven of the unused level ID's for a mirror maps cheat option in multiplayer, for the Tournament Edition patch. It didn't have a fancy "next" page, but instead simply swapped the level ID for each MP stage (thanks to Carnivorous). I should have information on how I set them up to properly load (and not crash immediately) on this message board.

You might be able to do something similar for the mission campaign, but it would need even more changes made (level names, briefing file, etc). Unless the menus can be rebuilt, and allow for a second page. You may not see something that complex until decompilation is further along.

There is still currently a cap on how many files you can have. With the J text deleted, that does help. But you'd need to make sure there's enough spots for everything required. Some are already there (even if empty), but many aren't. That would be eleven briefing files and another eleven setups, at least.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Flargee has asked me to request if it would be possible for the editor to have the option of exporting as ASCII or binary FBX files. Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 86 of 107

Jump to: