ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A new HDMI output mod for the N64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: A new HDMI output mod for the N64 Reply with quote Back to top

A new N64 HDMI output mod is apparently on the way. The web-page doesn't say much about it, though, saying simply:

"- Digital lag-free HDMI output up to 1080p

- Analog RGB/YPbPr through multiout

- Simple firmware update procedure via WiFi

- Video Filters: Deblur / Scanlines / Smoothing

Available April 2021
"

Does anyone know anything more about this?

Source:

https://www.pixelfx.co/

https://twitter.com/PixelFXco

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been looking for more information as put in an order of about a dozen UltraHDMI units at the SHUMPS group-buy forum to do at-cost installs for my close friends here in New Zealand.

That was two years ago.

Many of the people on that forum are disheartened and requesting refunds, especially so with this announcement as the makers of this new card have a proven supply chain track record from past projects and MarshalH is very casual with his supply chain.

Suffice to say that I'll be watching this, and the FPGA N64 solution that's being developed, like a hawk.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:

...makers of this new card have a proven supply chain track record from past projects...

That's good to know, anyway. What other projects did these people make?

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
MarshalH is very casual with his supply chain.

Does anybody know anything about his website, I purchased a 64drive and ULTRASAVE from his website late 2018 and still haven't received it yet, no response to emails and website hasn't been updated since may 2019.

As for this new HDMI mod, looks good, I'll keep a watch on this.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, Ill be watching this with great interest.

Trev

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This requires modification? Currently I use the Super 64. Just plug it in the back like you normally would Composite. Put your HDMI cable in the console and bam. Looks very sharp. I use the M-Cable so it cleans it up even more. The device also has "Slick" mode. Cleaning rough edges even further.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
This requires modification? Currently I use the Super 64. Just plug it in the back like you normally would Composite. Put your HDMI cable in the console and bam. Looks very sharp. I use the M-Cable so it cleans it up even more. The device also has "Slick" mode. Cleaning rough edges even further.

I wanted to buy a Super 64, but at the time they weren't compatible with PAL N64s (of course they weren't, we PAL N64 users often drew the short straw Rolling Eyes ), so I bought a RetroTINK 2X Pro, and it's great. Not as good as the UltraHDMI, of course, but at least I could actually find the RT X2 Pro.

Anyway, I assume this new device needs to be installed, as to get the best picture a HDMI device must be soldered to the N64's graphics hardware -
NOT the video out hardware. This is because the N64 actually produces a better picture than it outputs, so any HDMI device that connects to the N64's video out port (such as the RetroTINK 2X Pro line, or the Super 64) will be receiving and processing video data that is inferior to that produced by the N64's graphics hardware.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: