ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Help For The Non Tech Savvy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye XBLA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick310
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Help For The Non Tech Savvy Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so first up, shout out to all the big homies on here who are helping and sharing vital info. I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread that all non tech savvy people could use in the future as a cheat sheet to help them figure this all out. My goal is to get the GE XBLA on a Xbox 360 and play it online with my fellow GE brothers via Xlink Kai. So my first question will be... Graslu00 mentioned that I need to get a JTAG or RGH modded Xbox 360. I’m on eBay ready to pull the trigger - which do y’all recommend? Once this has been determined I’ll move on to the next question after my Xbox 360 arrives.

Thank you in advance and also bare with me - I know I sound stupid AF but I literally don’t know what I am doing BUT I know that this will end up helping 100s of others who want to play this online etc

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are many YT tutorials to help setup a jtag 360 - buy one and launch default.xex with dashlauncher or Aurora

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is amazing. I’m so chuffed that someone leaked it. It would be nice to imagine that it puts pressure on the various parties to get out in front and release it officially. Been playing a friend over Parsec and it runs remarkably well on Xenia. Reminds me a bit of the Halo remakes with the option of toggling new/old graphics. Nice to see 3 more maps in MP too. Shame it doesn’t have the Dr No addition. I used to love playing without Body Armour. I assume we can’t do anything about this because it’s running differently? Slight sound latency is the only issue which I can’t quite work out. Anyone know a way to improve this? Odd when the graphics seem to work well. If only they had also leaked source code for GE/PD - the possibilities...

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, for the less technical of us, what are the implications of all this for the modding community? Can this also be modded etc?

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Reyn GE/PD is already being worked on. Check out the Decompile thread on Q Lap Hacking Department. It's three pages long. Kholdfuzion is going Goldeneye and Ryan Dywer is doing Perfect Dark.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Thundera. You mean the GE007 N64 Disassembly thread? I couldn’t see anything since GE XBLA landed. Wreck has also posted a bunch of stuff so there’s clearly stuff there to fiddle with. But is it just the veneer? It comes with a bunch of files so I wondered what the implications would be for the decompile etc. Although if I’m being really honest if the Dr No cheat could be reinserted I would be a very happy man.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They both have a Gitlab page. In their pages it says all of they've done. There's even a status page that shows how much has been completed. At least for PD it says how much has been completed. Ryan Dwyer comes here frequently so you can ask him what his implications are for PD. I believe he states most of his goals in the decompile thread. There you will find the link to his Gitlab. So yeah they are both being worked on and I would say PD's decompile is more worked on a almost daily basis.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I see. I haven’t been keeping up to date - it’s been a busy year. I’ll have a proper look later but the link https://n64.dev/#reverse-engineering encompasses both and was posted in that other chat. All very interesting. I suspect I’m still too amateur to help.

Mick310
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man I made a thread titled helping non tech savvvy and some how we ended up talking about decompile LMAO now I’m curious what does that even mean and what does it do Smile

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ha. Sorry! In my defence, I did say the decompile was a little beyond me!

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think I qualify to be the right person to explain it in the best accurate way possible but basically once a game's been fully decompiled it becomes fully open source to let tech savy people basically have access to the game in the same way the original developers did.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
I don't think I qualify to be the right person to explain it in the best accurate way possible but basically once a game's been fully decompiled it becomes fully open source to let tech savy people basically have access to the game in the same way the original developers did.

Not quite and it depends on who and why.

Security experts for example will not make the decompiled code "Open Source" it will remain closed source.

Since Im now replying to the not so non tech savvy thread, I was to make a few points (but didnt earlier due to thread title)

Thundera8589 wrote:

Dark Reyn GE/PD is already being worked on. Check out the Decompile thread on Q Lap Hacking Department

This was not quite the question asked and indeed mods are quite different to decompile.

Thundera8589 wrote:

They both have a Gitlab page. In their pages it says all of they've done. There's even a status page that shows how much has been completed. At least for PD it says how much has been completed. Ryan Dwyer comes here frequently so you can ask him what his implications are for PD. I believe he states most of his goals in the decompile thread. There you will find the link to his Gitlab. So yeah they are both being worked on and I would say PD's decompile is more worked on a almost daily basis.

Ryan uses GitLab, We use GitHub, but both are mirrored to the N64 Decomp Project on GitHub.
Both projects have status pages
GE: https://kholdfuzion.github.io/goldeneyestatus/
PD: https://ryandwyer.gitlab.io/pdstatus/
but remember these are N64 decompiles (not that large amounts of code won't be identical in XBLA)

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right. I said I wasn't the most qualified to explain. I'm new to the whole decompile concept myself. Also I was referring to the n64 decompiles not the xbla version cause I thought Dark Reyn was insinuating the classic GoldenEye game. So I gave him hope for those classics that are being decompiled as we type.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye XBLA All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: