ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A proposal: 'Goldeneye setup editor' for lithtech?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Likwid
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:18 am    Post subject: A proposal: 'Goldeneye setup editor' for lithtech? Reply with quote Back to top

Post about lithtech edited by author for possible rule violation.

Last edited by Likwid on Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think this is the best place to ask, you should try other forums that have a focus on monolith titles such as NOLF2 fan forum UnityHQ.

Likwid
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll pull the post at your recommendation. Apologies if feathers were ruffled.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Likwid wrote:

Don't worry mate, no one in this forum would be offended by a question that's off topic (since this forum is based around N64 game hacking). There are elitist forums where people deliberately take offence for no good reason, but this isn't one of them.

BTW, I love No One Lives Forever 1 and 2, they are really enjoyable, funny (two of the tiny handful of action games that are genuinely humourous), with great settings, levels, weapons, gadgets, etc. I've never understood why a third game was never released (I mean a third NOLF game, of course, and not the mediocre Contract JACK). It's also very unfortunate that NOLF 1 and 2 are stuck in copyright limbo, which means GOG, Steam etc can't sell them, so many modern gamers have never played them at all.

Carnivorous is right, of course. Your question should really be asked on a NOLF fan site, as even if they can't help then they might still be able to direct you to a site or forum where you can discuss it with people familiar with NOLF hacking.

This forum, despite it's generic name, only really deals with two games, and those are on the N64 (Goldeneye and Perfect Dark), though occasionally hacking other N64 games is discussed, and playing non-N64 games is discussed somethimes too. But you're unlikely to find anyone on here who hacks non-N64 games, unfortunately.

Likwid
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Likwid wrote:

Don't worry mate, no one in this forum would be offended by a question that's off topic (since this forum is based around N64 game hacking). There are elitist forums where people deliberately take offence for no good reason, but this isn't one of them.

BTW, I love No One Lives Forever 1 and 2, they are really enjoyable, funny (two of the tiny handful of action games that are genuinely humourous), with great settings, levels, weapons, gadgets, etc. I've never understood why a third game was never released (I mean a third NOLF game, of course, and not the mediocre Contract JACK). It's also very unfortunate that NOLF 1 and 2 are stuck in copyright limbo, which means GOG, Steam etc can't sell them, so many modern gamers have never played them at all.

Carnivorous is right, of course. Your question should really be asked on a NOLF fan site, as even if they can't help then they might still be able to direct you to a site or forum where you can discuss it with people familiar with NOLF hacking.

This forum, despite it's generic name, only really deals with two games, and those are on the N64 (Goldeneye and Perfect Dark), though occasionally hacking other N64 games is discussed, and playing non-N64 games is discussed somethimes too. But you're unlikely to find anyone on here who hacks non-N64 games, unfortunately.

Kerr Avon: Thank you for replying. I'm am older gamer myself, and know a few good friends for whom " Blood is only Blood on the build engine", or "Doom isn't doom without pixels". I love them all, and they make good points, but that's not me.
Older games have communities with written rules that have to be minded and some unwritten norms that also need care. Needless to say, Goldeneye is definitely going to have such a following. Offending the folks who spent years getting Goldeneye to run on a PC will do me no good, not to mention these happen to be the very same developers of the GSE that set me to drooling in the first place.😆😂

It did occur to me that the general games forum had a N64 theme, unfortunately, it was after I posted. 😢
Be that as it may, I did catch the clue drop from Carnivorous (Hats off to Carnivorous!🖖) and stumbled off to Unityhq to dust off my old account. Sure enough there is a thread from last June about fixing NOLF 1&2 , and even a point about "removing troublesome geometry". That might be about changing the raw Ed. files, but if it's about fixing something dealing with geometry in a compiled map, then I definitely want to know about it .
Mike Dessault rewrote the lithtech 2 engine in 1999, so a tool like that might or might not be useful to me, only further research will tell.

The NOLF franchise was a masterpiecel to be sure. I wish the lithtech 1 games had the tools and source code in a similar state, or if they could somehow be made compatible. Alas, it was not to be. Lithtech 1 games like Blood2 are broken and in need of repair out of the box, while lithtech 2 games had received the attention they deseved. My focus is on blood2 and Shogo, which hardly run, so my work is cut out for me.

P.S. I will drag my mouselook addicted ass into playing through Goldeneye 64 one way or the other. One of the AIs ran up the guard tower stairs last night on the 1st map and shot me through the glass😰 through the GLASS I say!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: