ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

This youtube comment was good for a laugh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: This youtube comment was good for a laugh Reply with quote Back to top

Read this today in the comment section of a youtube video:

Quote:
Goldeneye isn't the even best multi-player James Bond game on the N64. The world is not enough is a vastly better game in presentation and every other aspect. I don't understand why no one ever mentions that, golden eye sucked in comparison

Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's either trolling, or someone that grew up on TWINE, who is looking to the past through rose coloured glasses. Nostalgia is a wondrous thing.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TWINE is a very divisive game, which always baffled me. I always felt that it was a good game, with no major flaws, but I've seen people claim it was the worst N64 game that they ever played.

It's not nearly as good as Goldeneye, I think, but the single player campaign is still great, and the multiplayer is good, but inferior to Goldeneye's in most ways. Some of TWINE's multiplayer levels are much worse than Goldeneye's for example, but TWINE's multiplayer does have some real advantages over GE. For example, TWINE has more multiplayer game modes, some good options that GE doesn't have, and bots. The bots aren't too smart, admittedly, but they are OK, and *much* better than GE's absence of bots.

One baffling thing about TWINE's multiplayer mode is that the bots all have their own stats for things like starting health, speed, accuracy, and playing style, but the game doesn't tell you this. Why not?

I can't remember if you take on the stats of a given bot if you choose to play as that character, but it doesn't seem likely.

To see these stats, go to:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/n64/914163-007-the-world-is-not-enough/faqs

and read the FAQ by AI Bot FAQ by Nexxt.

Another bad thing about TWINE's multiplayer is that good characters can't fight good characters, unlike in Goldeneye. I know that Eurocom had no choice about that (they were forced to do this by the Bond licence holders, who thought it would look bad for Bond to try to kill 'good' people Rolling Eyes) but it still harms the game, I believe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: