ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Gears of War 9.6/10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Gears of War 9.6/10 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the biggest video games to come out this year is finally out and Gears of War scored a miraculous 9.6 out of 10 on Gamespot. It is the Halo of 2006, everyone should try this game out!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar/review.html

In a few weeks, Xbox 360 owners will be able to download shows and movies in HD for free.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161165.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I could be wrong, but is this game also on the psp? I've seen commercials for a game recently, although I can't remember the name of it. Yikes. Anyways, cool reads. It sounds like MS knows what they are doing.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER... i know the game ur talking about. its the one with the guy who sees the dog but then the dog is a robot and psycho so the guy almost shoots at it but then a guy with a gas mask appears and tries killing the guy but the guy lives and then it goes to screenshots of the game and then suddenly... its the title. its for psp. is that the game?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm beginning to think it might just be worth it to buy a 360. Ive heard alot of complaints, but the new games that are gonna be coming out look like they are gonna be awsome.

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

El Cazador wrote:
I'm beginning to think it might just be worth it to buy a 360. Ive heard alot of complaints, but the new games that are gonna be coming out look like they are gonna be awsome.

...along with Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Halo 3, Bioshock, Resident Evil 5, Forza Motorsport...a lot of great games coming out!

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oi, it breaks my heart hearing all those game titles. I need to start saving money for college, but the 360 looks too good to pass up. Crying or Very sad

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay Gears Of War, played it yesterday. My thoughts? Um, pretty game, but gameplay wise it was lacking. A lot of Halo influences that's for sure. My initial opinion is that I wouldn't go buy the system because of this game. I prefer games with colour and this one seemed like a comic strip in black and white. The visual are amazing, but very drab. I realize the feel they are going for, but it's not the kind of feel that I want to play in for hours.

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Okay Gears Of War, played it yesterday. My thoughts? Um, pretty game, but gameplay wise it was lacking. A lot of Halo influences that's for sure. My initial opinion is that I wouldn't go buy the system because of this game. I prefer games with colour and this one seemed like a comic strip in black and white. The visual are amazing, but very drab. I realize the feel they are going for, but it's not the kind of feel that I want to play in for hours.

That's awsome!!! Did you get a chance to try out the multiplayer online...it's so intense...you gotta love that chainsaw!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, did some online multiplayer. I dunno, it's the gameplay mechanics that were lacking. The scope to identify enemies and sluggishness bugged me. I realize it's the feel they want for the game. Yeah, the chainsaw is savage. My buddy was at the losing end of a couple of those exchanges.

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Gears of War 9.6/10 Reply with quote Back to top

Gold_N_Eye wrote:
One of the biggest video games to come out this year is finally out and Gears of War scored a miraculous 9.6 out of 10 on Gamespot. It is the Halo of 2006, everyone should try this game out!

its the goldeneye of 2006 Wink

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you serious? I really didn't get that feeling from what I played. The controls/gameplay didn't really seem solid to me. I didn't play for hours, so perhaps I'm out to lunch on this game?

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Are you serious? I really didn't get that feeling from what I played. The controls/gameplay didn't really seem solid to me. I didn't play for hours, so perhaps I'm out to lunch on this game?

ya give it a try it my opinion it has a good chance of "Game of the Year." However i said it was the 'goldeneye of 2006'....the point is its not goldeneye, it was only a metaphor...i dont know if any fps can top GE (halo's multiplayer gave it a run for its money tho)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: