ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RyanDwyer wrote:
Search for the action block number, in this case 005b. You can see the documentation states that the "type" argument determines what type of check is done, and type 2 is a camspy check. It also states that this check is hard coded to only work in G5 Building.

Pardon me, but why does it say "<chr>'s camspy" if the G5 check is using ID 00? If it worked that way, it'd be checking ID F2. Guard 00 is one of the guys you take out in the very first room, he can't have a CamSpy.

RyanDwyer wrote:
Lazlo's suggestion should also work, but I would use 0187 instead of 0058. 0187 sets the guard's target explicity to a camspy if it's in sight.

Hmmmmm. Yep, that certainly seems to store only a CamSpy to FC. By that point, it's a matter of deciding whether to keep it to one CamSpy for simplicity or try to find some way to juggle both throughout whatever checks Oofjay needs to be done to the CamSpy.

RyanDwyer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
why does it say "<chr>'s camspy" if the G5 check is using ID 00?

That's the incorrect documentation I was referring to. It should say any player's camspy.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is very interesting; that explains why the guard ID was just left at 00, since it isn't used anyway.

I see the decomp has quite a lot of documentation. Some of it is not in the editor, since the comment on the action is that when the type is 02, it just checks if the guard ID is on the pad. It says nothing about the CamSpy. This is why I got confused, and G5's implementation made no sense to me.

I think I will stick to action 0187 now, since that's a reliable way to grab the CamSpy's ID.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad everything worked out! It's just a shame my reading comprehension took a temporary nosedive. My apologies for that.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I'm now trying to make custom objects in the object editor, but it's going horribly at the moment. They either don't show up, have janky graphics, are out of position, or have a weird hitbox.

The object editor itself confuses me a little as well. There are two bounding boxes, but what are they used for? How do I determine them? If I click on "Calculate bounding boxes" it doesn't always work. Like I said, sometimes weird collision, sometimes it doesn't show up.

It also has #Imgs, #05s, and #Matrices, I don't really know what that means. When I disable Tree View, I also see the center and bounding volume radius, which I also don't understand.

I haven't seen a tutorial on this, so I thought I'd ask on the forums. I have the two models (Facility's bathroom door, and a custom elevator) in the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qGZmPdZiRwznxk8JaEt7t9FRcjyvIZHp/view?usp=sharing

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I'm wondering something else now. It occurs to me that certain rooms are darker than others in the level I'm working on. It's in the Investigation slot, so maybe that has something to do with it?

They're just a slight bit darker, but it's noticable. I haven't made any lighting in the map yet.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like I've noticed such a phenomenon in a couple GoldenEye X levels. I wouldn't know the details of that because I never looked into it, but I can say I might have seen it before a few years ago, possibly.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is definitely in some GE-X maps, such as Library/Stack and Facility. It's also in PD maps (I am aware of at least the Skedar CS level), but you wouldn't really know about it unless you compared the rooms in the Visual Editor window. I thought it may be an effect of the lighting system, but maybe someone who has tinkered with the game code has some insight. I couldn't find a fix, but at least in custom geometry levels you could try adjusting the shading of the brighter side to match more closely. Never tried it before, as that'd change things too much in a ported GE map and be noticeable by players.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it was something with the lighting engine, but we never quite sorted it (I think). If you delete all portals the rooms go back to their editor shading.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings everyone,
Just wanted to post the progress on the Perfect Dark De compilation, right now it is at 43.84% completion, this guy is a beast.

Anyway just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this project , the future of the editor or what is possible.

Thanks.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G14Classified wrote:
Greetings everyone,
Just wanted to post the progress on the Perfect Dark De compilation, right now it is at 43.84% completion, this guy is a beast.

Anyway just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this project , the future of the editor or what is possible.

Thanks.

A full disassembly of PD will be amazing. Such a brilliant game deserves to be ported to every console and computer capable of running the game.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The decompilation is just amazing and I'm so happy to see it's being worked on day after day. I wish I still worked on PD but after all these years my knowledge has left me, best to leave it to the big dogs. Keep it up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: