ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a probably-not-a-bug:

In Perfect Dark scrubbing the sets and reimporting new sets as an obj clears preset references, which is understandable, except when the preset reference is 2328 where the desired behaviour would be that this isn't cleared.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:

In Perfect Dark scrubbing the sets and reimporting new sets as an obj clears preset references, which is understandable, except when the preset reference is 2328 where the desired behaviour would be that this isn't cleared.

Can you explain which feature you are using and what you are trying to do?

Import Path Sets from .obj (Lines)
or
Import Presets from .obj (Vertices)

Both should be appending, not clearing out existing?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uufje wrote:
It uses height to determine the type. If it's a short vertical tile, it makes it a floor. If it's a tall vertical tile, it makes it a wall. I usually use Maya to edit my tiles, since it's a bit bothersome to convert every tile in the editor (and converting the entire room makes even the ceilings a tile, which is not what I want).

Maybe add two more checks in the code you posted below: one for "Wall" and one for "Floor"? That would help me out a lot!

OK I added "ForceFloor" and "ForceWall".

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Uufje wrote:
It uses height to determine the type. If it's a short vertical tile, it makes it a floor. If it's a tall vertical tile, it makes it a wall. I usually use Maya to edit my tiles, since it's a bit bothersome to convert every tile in the editor (and converting the entire room makes even the ceilings a tile, which is not what I want).

Maybe add two more checks in the code you posted below: one for "Wall" and one for "Floor"? That would help me out a lot!

OK I added "ForceFloor" and "ForceWall".

Thanks a lot!

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think there could be a feature where you could make a third gun besides a Shotgun and an Automatic Shotgun shoot shotgun shells that fire multiple shots with one shot. Would it be amazing if GoldenEye had three different shotguns instead of two?

...Also, my husband sells propane and propane accessories.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
MRKane wrote:

Can you explain which feature you are using and what you are trying to do?

Import Path Sets from .obj (Lines)
or
Import Presets from .obj (Vertices)

Both should be appending, not clearing out existing?

Essentially I'm doing rapid design iteration of paths within the level. So I begin by scrubbing the sets by importing a blank text file in Edit Setup>Paths>Import Sets.

I'll then import a new path set to use within the level for the sequence that I'm trying to construct, and this seems to be where the links to different notes are lost - it's understandable as the orders have changed, but the 2328 references have no need to be cleared.

As another request: When checking Syntax in the Action blocks would it be possible to check and see if one of the guard commands like "jog to pad" or "if close to pad" could be checked for a blank reference? That'd be another helpful way to pickup cases where I've scrubbed details Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's a blank reference? Doesn't it default to preset 0000? That's not technically blank, it could be valid.

I don't understand where you are saying there is a 2328 preset that is removed? Aren't you re-importing sets? Those shouldn't be related to 2328.

I need better recreation steps.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When using a Perfect Dark rom with Extended Combat Simulator tables, the editor doesn't properly update how many Head & Body slots are available.

For the actual slots, the editor does show the correct amount of slots when Adding or Deleting. For example I added Body slots to get to 53, and deleted Head slots to get to 3B
(I changed a lot of Head models into Body models)

However the Default Characters can't use any of the additional slots and the Simulant Head slots shows the original amount, allowing access to slots that no longer exist.

In the Sun/Bodies tab, the Disguises use the Combat Simulator slots which leads to the same issue, along with the heads being listed twice for some reason.

The Challenges tab also uses the Combat Simluator slots which is what I'm particularly interested in, as I wanted to use all of the new body models throughout the challenges.

I thought about asking for those features to use the actual model slots instead, but figured they use the Combat Simulator slots for technical reasons,
so my request is for them to use the updated list rather than the original list.

On a side note, the Special Guard Properties seem to use the Combat Simulator slots for the Heads, but the numbers match up with the model slots instead meaning the wrong list is being shown.
This not only makes it confusing when picking a head, it also prevents access to 11 of the original heads slots, along with the first 4 slots in the list being the Bond tuxedos.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I fixed all the issues on heads/bodies in beta. You will need to reload your ROM after adding/removing heads for the places to pick up the changed slots though.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, works perfectly. Very Happy

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got an error report on discord for DKR. This is what the user had to say:

Quote:
It looks like there's a bug with the editor. If you "Unlock all Levels and Characters" then the silver coin challenges break. I believe the instruction being overridden at 8000C928 should be ADDIU V1, R0, 0x0003, not ADDIU V1, R0, 0x0007.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was documenting some more data for GE XBLA, when I noticed what was probably a very long standing, though minor, error. Under the "Ammo" tab, in the upper left "Ammo Type" section, the "Ammo Icon Offset" is always set to zero. However, the actual 21990 file sets float points there. I think it may just be interpreting the data incorrectly, by looking for Hex instead?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed Ammo Icon offset in beta.

Sixty Four said to just not update that ASM line...so trying that? Did not test at all...

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having trouble getting textures to be transparent for custom models:

After picking the options I want in the "Replace Texture" feature, I click on "Ok" and then "Import from Visual Window"
When importing into the rom or clicking the "Edit in Visual Editor" button again, most of the options have been reset.

Stuff like the actual Image used, Set Other Mode settings as well as the Mirror/Clamp options get saved but nothing regarding Transparency. What's really weird is that all of the settings are correct while still in the Visual Editor, so they get saved at first but not when getting them into the actual file.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I've been keeping up with the updates fairly regularly, and downloaded the newest one from today.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it a guard? I think that always skips B9/FC commands. You'd have to import to object, then manually export/import the displaylist to guard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 89 of 107

Jump to: