ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldfinger 64 Released!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They***

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do NOT start down this path again as "You" (no one in particular) did with the GEX page.

All I will say on the subject at this time is - Not yet.

As mentioned elsewhere, I have a buglist but other things on at the moment.
I also have a wish to learn more from decomp that 'may' aid in some bugfixes by simply understanding why things are as they are.

However - time depending I plan on organising this year, which reminds me, I need to contact some people...

*Runs away with GF buglist*

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Do NOT start down this path again as "You" (no one in particular) did with the GEX page.

I didn't START anything.

I'm only spreading the love around that seems to be the theme around here.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good, I know Airport is nowhere near final but I was curious if any other levels were going to receive work.

This may just be me but I felt China was very disjointed in terms of the level design, it's not a bad level but where most if not all GE levels (And most of GF's) felt grounded in somewhat real world design China doesn't feel that way to me. I guess it's the way the factory layout is set up and the non-nonsensical stuff like the magic floating stairs once you enter and the giant square rooms with not much in them.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

China's lighting was bad and will be improved.

the original Shadows I made were an overlay that caused z-fighting issues which were never resolved.
Also, PG didn't support the level of lighting it did later on.

Airport is being re-designed and many other upgrades will occur.

Trev

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to hear, thought I'd bring up a few issues myself and a few other people have noticed in case it's not on the list, the only thing I won't be mentioning is the soundtrack.

So, one of the bigger things we discussed was the issue on Ranch, there seems to be a thing that even if you properly follow wussy without straying too far or attacking anyone you still get attacked by guards. That and with Marphy Black's "Suddenly, Koreans" when trying to unlock the safe and failing over a dozen guards instantly arrive at your location instead of over time as they arrive to the building. The meet up point for Felix isn't explained or pointed out very clear and requires you to go all the way around the map to meet them, I think they could be re-positioned or at least the map could be edited so they don't have to spend 5 minutes tracking all the way around and all the way back if they can even find them. Doors also open the wrong way based on the texture but this is a very minor nitpick.

Infinite guard spawning on safe fail: https://youtu.be/3aukultZwo8

With Crab Key the long crawling section waiting for doors to open slowly also doesn't really translate well into gameplay and there's a padlock on the button which not only looks out of place but no one really thinks to shoot it because it meshes in with the button itself.

On Grounds I'm sure you guys are well aware of the car collision issues with the mines falling through them and the guards on the roof that can't be seen.

With Cartel there's a couple issues such as the C4 objective not finishing despite all of them being properly planted in each Silo though this may be an emulation only bug. Not only that but right now the informant doesn't randomly spawn so I'm not sure if that's intentional or if it wasn't made random for the release. If it was supposed to be intentional then it would probably make sense to cut the city in half and make it more tight and linear with a bigger focus on well placed guards and some cool street fighting. That way the gameplay can be more fine tuned and you guys can save a crazy amount of performance. If it will be random then you can disregard the above. One last thing I noticed on Cartel is that the player can get locked inside the big building if they run inside when a guard runs out and they don't have a key to open the doors, it may help if another key is put somewhere inside so if they do get trapped they can get back out without resetting.

As an overall issue in a lot of the maps it's sometimes hard to determine where the map ends, my first playthrough and other people's as well ended abruptly with levels like Cartel and Bodega where we accidentally step in the end zone without knowing it's there failing the mission.

This is more of a personal gripe but with Plane the curtains closing as fast as they do is incredibly frustrating especially on console where everything is more laggy and it takes longer to set up a shot and then the thing closes on your within a few seconds. So far I'm the only one to make this complaint but it's very very frustrating. Guards also clip into walls which blows their position and cover.

With Fort Knox most of the entire map is useless and only serves to get the player lost as is and get them killed with all the guards out there. This also creates issues because the player seeing guards will make them think they're going the right way when they aren't and are just taking damage and wasting ammo.

With China it's just what I said above about the level not feeling like a real place and more like a collection of big empty rooms with nothing to make them feel tied to any real world facility. Though it isn't a horrible level I would at least hope it would be re-worked to represent a real factory or at least try it's best to.

This wasn't a complaint of mine but a lot of people have an issue finding the right shipping containers on Shipyard so that may be something to address, I also noticed there's one by the escape boat that doesn't open but guards spawn inside.

Miami itself looks alright in attempting to recreate the area from the movie but after you get past the pool it becomes a gigantic open space with not much in it or other NPC's, I realize making it compatible with real hardware limits how much can be on screen but I'm hoping something is planned. The hallways and some of the storage rooms inside also feel very basic, they work but they could use more. The hotel rooms upstairs though are detailed well and aside from weird floor plans in some I don't think those need work. Oh and you can get stuck in the diving board, hahahah.

I can't remember if it's Foundry or another that has the cars you have to take screenshots of but the giant empty warehouse rooms, the ones with the long work stations in the middle could use a bit more polish.

---

Well, that's my big list of stuff to bring up. It may seem like a lot but after discussing with several people about their experience and my own I thought it would be helpful to bring up anything and everything I could think of in case you guys missed it or wanted second opinions. Very much looking forward to V2 and thanks for the hard work you guys are putting into this!

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may be surprised to know that most of what you have posted is already in the buglist, however there were a couple of things I added based on your post.

As for the curtains, the plane was being flown unstably hence the curtains kept closing hahaha
In reality this was due to a script bug that needed an temporary fix.

Trev

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, good to hear you guys are on top. This next update is gonna be phenomenal, I can feel it.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just so you know, Renegadist, the C4 objective not always completing is because the C4 bomb needs to be cleanly planted for the game to recognize it. It's a problem with the original game, speedrunners on Silo sometimes have this problem, I believe. There might be a way for the Goldfinger Action Block-ist to add in feedback for when a bomb is successfully planted, but I wouldn't know how cost-effective it would be.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
Just so you know, Renegadist, the C4 objective not always completing is because the C4 bomb needs to be cleanly planted for the game to recognize it. It's a problem with the original game, speedrunners on Silo sometimes have this problem, I believe. There might be a way for the Goldfinger Action Block-ist to add in feedback for when a bomb is successfully planted, but I wouldn't know how cost-effective it would be.

Ah, I figured it may have been that, if nothing can be done with an action block maybe the objective should be change to have the player throw it on a vertical surface so it sticks. Say a certain stack of boxes or something like that, this would be done for each silo.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All the promo art, sticker, game case, links died.

Can someone re-upload those here with permanent links?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: