ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Freedom once and for all? Open source everything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject: Freedom once and for all? Open source everything. Reply with quote Back to top

I had a discussion about closed source vs. open source. Since things are getting easier to acquire by pirating, buying, copying, and/or word of mouth then why is anything a secret?

When you're trying to create a free world I don't believe things should be kept a secret or have value.

I almost didn't create this topic though the issue has to be addressed.

1. Could anyone be a hero to play the role as given in a particular work?
2. How about the villain?
3. At what point does it feel like random situations with set answers?

We are having trouble with copyrights. That means if James Bond and/or Perfect Dark don't work out because of real life circumstances why not believe in something else too?

Something more than it works because we humans 'just know.'

It feels likes it comes down to love or money? The people who see profit in everything over the heart of enjoying it.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there is an article somewhere that has the argument for getting rid of copyright.

it basically says that we are poorer for it, because - for example , we can take marvels' Thor in a million different directions, & the best stories would come to the surface & everybody wins.

if your company has a lot of money you make you Thor story & if its espectacular & good people will see it, and any other work derived from it will only make your main work more popular.

(best to read the article - altho im missing the link)

any way - my take on this is this:

copyright trolling & patent trolling are a thing, and they only hold things back.

Years ago my friend 0lllolll0 attempted to convince the xbox community for 4j studios to make a super version of perfect dark full of suspicious Goldeneye -like content & for them to allow modding for gamers to patch & personalize their game however they saw fit.
thus opening the door for an unoficial Goldneye game bypassing the legal mess that was.

One day a person posted on the forum questions about what made a good FPS shooter & 0lllo shared his big long wall of text about it.
& other folks did too

Years pass & now we have fortnite, wich uses characters with differnt strenghts & abilities, character personalization & taunts, like in wrestling games (especially N64 wrestling games)
and its focused in multiplayer terrains - destructible enviroments - but alas no lightgun targetting. Plus its F!@$@#N 3rd person...

but lo & behold - there is trouble for them because they like to use dance moves that are obvious copies of iconic dances from shows & movies.

creators & inventors do need compensation tho, even if its at least just pennies over the course of their lifetime.

difficult topic

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Insider trading. If you know the right people I suppose it can sell. Any legit situation should have a genuine value to the possessor.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: