ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom Mission Compilation...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There isn't really much else left to do, other than clean up on a few things. It's when I come up with new ideas to incorporate where it adds time onto it. I should wait and put in certain functions and cheats until after the first release. There's some videos on my personal YouTube channel showing these off.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, feature creep. The opposite of laziness, but still just as damaging to release dates.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, it can be a combination of the two. All or nothing. Razz

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hurray, it's been released!

http://n64vault.com/ge-campaigns:ge007-compilation-pack

When I've finished (I'm writing a report for work, hence my skimming various websites to stave off the boredom) I'll be spending the next few hours on this new collection, brilliant Very Happy

Thanks to Wreck and the individual level authors.

BTW, Wreck, why didn't you post that this was available? It's been out for a fortnight now, but probably most of the people who will be interested in it are unaware of it's release. Would it maybe be possible for this website to have a new release thread on the main page (the page that lists all the different forums), for new releases of N64 games/software to be announced along with a link to the forum post about the release?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I knew I'd forgot someplace...

I did share on a few Discord channels, as well as on the two GoldenEye Mods social media platforms I use - Twitter and Facebook. It's also still on the list of newest uploads on N64 Vault. Apologies go out to those who did miss out on it when it was first released, though. Please check out the first post for the link and details.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck I saw this played on youtube and it looks great. It just a little small to warrant me buying it from Etsy for $60. Do you think you could add like Dam Front Zone as a multipleplayer level and perhaps a few more singleplayer levels? If you ever had time to do that, I will give you my review and play through all the singleplayer levels.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gamma wrote:
Wreck I saw this played on youtube and it looks great. It just a little small to warrant me buying it from Etsy for $60. Do you think you could add like Dam Front Zone as a multipleplayer level and perhaps a few more singleplayer levels? If you ever had time to do that, I will give you my review and play through all the singleplayer levels.

Why would you buy it on a game cartidge, when you can buy a flash cartridge, such as the Everdrive 64, or the 64Drive, and play it on that, and also play the other many, many mods, hacks, translations, and improvements to so many other N64 games? There are even a few emulators that you can run on an N64 if you have a flash cartridge. A flash cartridge is pretty expensive, but it is *well* worth it, and when you have it you can have almost every N64 commercial game, game hack, translated game, etc on effectively one cartridge. With the Everdrive 64, you can play all three regions of games (PAL, NTSC, and JAP), as long as you TV can display all PAL and NTSC (JAP is basically NTSC).

Here are a few of my favourite mods for the N64:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=10483.msg78431#msg78431

But there are so many others, for a great many N64 games, such as Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Mario Kart 64, the two Zelda games, F-Zero X, Diddy Kong Racing, Paper Mario, Pokemon Snap, etc, and all free to play if you have a flash cartridge. You can even play the 64DD drive games (the 64DD is an N64 disc drive that was only released in Japan, but some of it's games have been fan-translated into English) and the Aleck64 games (the Aleck64 was basically an N64 in an arcade cabinet) and the small amount of homebrew written for the N64 (for some reason, must fan-work done on the N64 is in the are of hacking commercial games, rather than writing new games or programs from scratch).

Plus another advantage of a flash cartridge is that you can always use the newest versions of any game hacks, whereas if you buy a game cartridge containing the hack, then you are stuck with that version even if a new release of the hack, fixing bugs and maybe even crashes, unless you pay out again to buy the newer version of the hack on another cartridge.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gamma wrote:

You've bought practically every repro version of GE:X, and have literally funded thieves that profit off of our work. And here you are, requesting Wreck to add more levels before giving money to someone who'll profit from the GE community.

Could you be any more entitled?

Kerr Avon wrote:
Why would you buy it on a game cartidge, when you can buy a flash cartridge, such as the Everdrive 64, or the 64Drive, and play it on that, and also play the other many, many mods, hacks, translations, and improvements to so many other N64 games?

That's the thing, they've already bought a flashcart but got a ED64 knockoff that doesn't work. For the cost of three repros Gamma could have bought an official ED64.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DO NOT BUY ROM HACKS!!!

As Carn said, you are literally funding theives.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's like if you spent a good amount of time drawing a really nice picture, and chose to release it for free as desktop wallpaper for anyone to use. But, somebody online decides to take it, print it out, and sell copies online. That's wrong, and so is selling reproductions of mods they had zero part in creating.

A flash cart, such as an official EverDrive 64 or 64Drive, I'm fine with, as they aren't profiting off a singular game (original or otherwise). It is up to the user to acquire those.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: