ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How to Replace a Character Model
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pavarini.

I know that any texture can be used for envmapping, but what I was trying to say is "I wan't the effect to look like this, so the base texture should be like that".

For example, in your blue test. There are times when the model looks almost all dark or all light. By tweaking the texture (maybe instead of two stripes of color make it light-dark-light, or instead of 50%-50% make it 67% light and 33% dark) you can have better transitions.

Those are things I want to try. Only two weeks for my vacation! Razz

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Sogun, this is very tough. Like the envmap they used in PD for the Falcon 2. It has a special shape, and it render so amazingly well ingame. I really wonder how they figure this thing out. When I'm trying things, I use this one for a start. It seem to me that it's the best when you don't have a clue what you're doing. Laughing

More on topic, I can't wait until the part about decals comes out and that I got the motivation to try to import my police models I'm doing for my mod.
They have insignias that are decals as well as the US flag.

Shoulders aren't done yet because I don't have a clue how they're supposed to be texture with the pose they have when you export an original model from PD.
Also since the tutorial is for GE, I hope it doesn't have to much specific thing when done for PD.
Very Happy

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, those models look great. I'll have to finish writing the decal tutorial soon!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'll do that in september or around, so there's no need to pressure yourself Smile

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for this tutorial, Pavarini! I was able to import a few characters, but my joint placing skills are not the best.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Environment mapping by default uses view-dependent (the reflection slides on the object and follows the view).

You can have lights shine from above (light colour top, dark colour bottom) and that should work for "cel-shaded" and "realistic".
If you want a hard border between the dark and light sides disable mip-mapping.

The center of the image is directly behind you, so if you do 50/50 then anything looking slightly above the horizon (provided you look ahead and not up or down) will be light and anything looking slightly below will be dark.
if you move the light/dark border up to the top then only triangles facing away from you will be light.

If you change the Env Mapping to linear then the top of the map becomes the top of the reflection and anything pointing up will be light.

There is another technique for "Cel-Shading" but it requires hacking a rectangle over the screen and using Show CVG rendermode.

I will be covering Env Mapping in the Lighting tutorial that I am doing.

Trev

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this tutorial helped me, not only in adding new characters (new models not yet), but in adding new 3d models as objects and new weapons, even importing the original models but with new objects, for example, change Natalya's shoes for those of Cassandra's Guards, and I'll be honest, I liked the way it looks, but when I imported it, I had to use this method of this tutorial, I'd like to show you how it's done, but the issue is that it's classified, and then I'll show what I've been working on

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

eriksan008
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work in this thread!

brncnls
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there anybody out there?

I want to put my face and my friends' onto GE characters.
I think that there's no kind of "extract model from ROM > load model in software > change face texture > save > inject into ROM" easy way, but that's what I'm looking for.

I've tried facemaping (the one that uses save state), but I want to it to be a definitive kind of thing.

I reeeeally would appreciate some help.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

brncnls wrote:
Is there anybody out there?

I want to put my face and my friends' onto GE characters.
I think that there's no kind of "extract model from ROM > load model in software > change face texture > save > inject into ROM" easy way, but that's what I'm looking for.

I've tried facemaping (the one that uses save state), but I want to it to be a definitive kind of thing.

I reeeeally would appreciate some help.

There is under Model Tools. Export and Import buttons appear once you are editing the head.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: