ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

God, It's In My House...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: God, It's In My House... Reply with quote Back to top

Before I begin, may the Lord have mercy on my soul.
With that out of the way, I suppose I'll let you all know that I bought an Xbox 360 yesterday. My, the shame is still growing. But it was a really good deal. Keep telling yourself that. It was the holiday bundle, complete with four games and a collection of arcade titles. Also included was a headset and free month of Xbox Live. Here's what I got...

Xbox 360 console w/ 20G HD
Xbox 360 wireless controller
Xbox 360 headset
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
The Outfit
Gun
Ridge Racer*

However, Ridge Race was out of stock. Instead, they gave me twenty dollars off of any other 360 game in the store. I wanted to get Perfect Dark Zero, but they didn't have the Platinum (gamer's choice, greatest hits, you get the idea) version. When I said that to the guy working there, he didn't know there was one. I told him that it included extra multiplayer maps from the game GoldenEye. Instantly, you could see the fun memories of playing the Nintendo64 game rushing back to his mind. Goes to show you how much people still love it. Anyways, I went with another Rare game, Kameo.

I haven't played Gun or Kameo yet, but have tried the others. Well, not the arcade games, but did play some Hexic that was on the HD. Also played the Tomb Raider: Legend demo, which was pretty cool. I didn't realize they focused on anything other than Lara Croft's breasts until I saw her legs in that one. Here I could use a bad metaphor like, "I wouldn't mind raiding her tomb", or something along those line, but I'll spare you from gamer's lust. Oh, wait. Nevermind. The controls took me quite some time to adjust to. Reminded me of Timesplitters II on PS2. Yikes, that was horrendous. I felt like a bleeding moron. Even in Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, I'd have these sudden spells of idiocy. I'm a lot better today, so it shouldn't take me long to get the hang of it. Just not used to using both analogs, you know?

Well, overall I'm pretty happy with it. I still need to pickup PD Zero one of these days. You can bet Banjo-360 will be on my list of games to own. And I guess that one game about the soldiers that fight aliens in outerspace. I think the leader is named Mister Chef. No, maybe that was a Pizza Pizza commercial. Right, it's called Halo. Are the first two backwards compatible? If so, any noticable differences between the consoles?

Hey, if the Wii would have been in stock, you know I'd have went with that.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, the 360 isn't too bad. It has good graphics, and its a good system. Its the PS3 I wouldn't touch. Overheating problems, Overpricing, Sony acting like they dont need to be nice to their customers anymore, they really, really, just ... failed miserably. The 360 is a good console, it just doesn't compare that well to the new innovation and games the Wii has to offer. Have fun.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me know what you think of PD:Zero. It's 26.99 used at my local EBGames. I'll trust your review. Been thinking of picking similar thing up myself, but a tad too expensive.

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, wow!!! This is simply amazing. I'm damn proud of you. Perhaps you've inspired me now. Damn. I wanted to wait until after Christmas. Perfect Dark Zero is what has me wanting this system more than anything. I might wait for you to purchase it, and tell us how much you like it. Again, way to go Wreck, don't foget about Halo okay?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I'm still feeling guilty about getting an Xbox 360 over a Nintendo Wii. I'm sure if I had waited a few more weeks, I'd have been able to get one. Thing is, the deal on the bundle was over in a couple of days. If I didn't act fast, it'd be over and done with. At Best Buy, it cost the same amount without the extra three games. I guess Future Shop is good for something, afterall. Even still, I'm enjoying the experience.

Once I give Perfect Dark Zero a good play through, I'll let everybody know how I feel about it. I won't jump to conclusions after playing it for only five minutes, because that's not fair to the game or myself. It certainly looks pretty cool, that's for sure. We all know it won't touch the original, but it definitely deserves a chance.

I'm unsure if all Xbox games are able to run on 360 consoles. The guy at Future Shop said that there is an official list on the Internet for it. If both Halo & Halo 2 are on it, I'll have to snag them both. You know, for research. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

they are both on it, and worth picking up.
if not, go get a cheap xbox form a pawn shop... just like me.
they aint that much... i think.

halo has some better things than halo 2.... wont say what. you will see tho. play the first one first.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Halo 3 and Fable 2 are making the 360 look like a pretty interesting prospect. But I think I could live with a Wii. (I'm only dreaming of course, I coulnt afford either) Its fun to think about anyway, though.

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ah you stepped to the 'dark side' Wink definately give gears of war a play, i havent played perfect dark zero yet (developers of GE moved to free radical)

just dont get the ps3 it froze as me and my friend were testing

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to tell everyone to get perfect dark zero, however nobody listens to me...sigh...just kidding...it's a really great game, everyone should play it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: