ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote Back to top

Xii-Nyth wrote:
Oh yeah just grabbed that rom off of the n64 rom archive v2 by ghostware on the internet archive. IS it better to use the one from the old 1964 GEPD internet archive page? or is there one on github I'm missing? Havent had any other issues besides the rich presence which you mentioned is because the input plugin no longer supports it (its still called discordrpc.dll? lol).

Go to the first post on this thread, and only download the 1964 zip included on the github page. If you've downloaded 1964 elsewhere I cannot guaranteed that it's the latest version, or even safe to run.

Xii-Nyth wrote:
Thanks for the heads up about the hi res mode! I guess I've been hurting my performance for no reason other than to make this have an outline on the octagonal prism and to have a less blurry texture on the piece hidden behind the menu.

Maybe the doors on attack ship have a different lod also? They get very blocky but I might've just never noticed before since I don't like that level xD.

As for the thing with anisotropic filtering, does this mean I should shut it off entirely in pd to save performance? or is there something that it still works on? (not a huge noticeable hit in performance anyways when looking at frametimes with speed sync off)

Finally during cutscenes or with the camera of the slayer perfect dark goes from seeing the depth buffer of just the weapon model and the hand to the whole scene. (not with camspys), more curious why this is since really the only one which causes a slowdown when I don't want it is the slayer in multiplayer, basically forcing me to shut my reshade off if we are playing with slayers. Again more of a question for gonetz but he is hard to get a hold of.

I'm not sure of this - I don't experience any of these problems. Try using a clean install of 1964 and using video plugin GLideN64 (2021) without reshade with default settings - see if this helps. If the problems still persist create an issue on GLideN64's github page describing the issues.

Xii-Nyth wrote:
Other than the above, specifically the textures, any other minor issues are due to 1964 being old like the game getting stuttery after loading saves states, sometimes until you close 1964 and reopen it,
or that specifically the crossbow, or when looking at extreme angles, the back of the platforms of the elevators in the ci building have some aliasing unless I go from 8x to 16x msaa,
the experience is perfect and better than the xbox version.

I'm aware of this issue but unable to debug it due to how rare and randomly it occurs - sorry.

Xii-Nyth wrote:
Quick edit: is there a way to resize the window? why using scaling in windows you have to do this

And that makes the text too big to fit in the window, and for some reason the width of the game name section keeps resetting to the default.

I do not use Windows 10 - so I don't know why the interface is so large. Perhaps set your global windows DPI to 100%.

Xii-Nyth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote Back to top

Xii-Nyth wrote:
Oh yeah just grabbed that rom off of the n64 rom archive v2 by ghostware on the internet archive. IS it better to use the one from the old 1964 GEPD internet archive page? or is there one on github I'm missing? Havent had any other issues besides the rich presence which you mentioned is because the input plugin no longer supports it (its still called discordrpc.dll? lol).

Carnivorous wrote:
Go to the first post on this thread, and only download the 1964 zip included on the github page. If you've downloaded 1964 elsewhere I cannot guaranteed that it's the latest version, or even safe to run.

Oh well the bundle is the one from github, just the rom is from elsewhere. Maybe the description it had already overwrote whatever 1964 set the description as?

Carnivorous wrote:
I'm not sure of this - I don't experience any of these problems. Try using a clean install of 1964 and using video plugin GLideN64 (2021) without reshade with default settings - see if this helps. If the problems still persist create an issue on GLideN64's github page describing the issues.

Ok a couple isolate things here so:

Xii-Nyth wrote:
Thanks for the heads up about the hi res mode! I guess I've been hurting my performance for no reason other than to make this have an outline on the octagonal prism and to have a less blurry texture on the piece hidden behind the menu.

This example in particular happens on the original hardware so if its not the expected behaviour I'll have to go work it out on the gliden64 page.

Xii-Nyth wrote:
Maybe the doors on attack ship have a different lod also? They get very blocky but I might've just never noticed before since I don't like that level xD.
I remembered reading about something like this happening in paper mario/maybe super mario 64. Shutting off n64 style mip mapping fixes it like it did in that game, but that is required for the laser sights here.

Here's an image of what it looks like on and off in case you were wondering:
https://imgur.com/a/YzMH1rg
Edit: zoomed in the photos

Xii-Nyth wrote:
As for the thing with anisotropic filtering, does this mean I should shut it off entirely in pd to save performance? or is there something that it still works on? (not a huge noticeable hit in performance anyways when looking at frametimes with speed sync off)

I guess I already answered my own question here, one could make a mod to disable reload animations so you could use filtering, but not really worth it.

Xii-Nyth wrote:
Finally during cutscenes or with the camera of the slayer perfect dark goes from seeing the depth buffer of just the weapon model and the hand to the whole scene. (not with camspys), more curious why this is since really the only one which causes a slowdown when I don't want it is the slayer in multiplayer, basically forcing me to shut my reshade off if we are playing with slayers. Again more of a question for gonetz but he is hard to get a hold of.

Ill have to ask on the gliden64 page about this one too.

Carnivorous wrote:
I'm aware of this issue but unable to debug it due to how rare and randomly it occurs - sorry.

Yeah no problem, I could imagine how difficult that is to deal with. The one is m64p is pretty good and they would probably be willing to share some code. It has a slight bug where it will sometimes load the wrong one and you have to select a different slot, load it, and select the correct one and then it load the right one. It might've been fixed, but the newer versions of m64p are all paraLLEl which so far don't work on my radeon or nvidia gpus and only iris xe in the latest windows 10/11 versions, but don't have that laptop anymore.

Xii-Nyth wrote:
Quick edit: is there a way to resize the window? when using scaling in windows you have to do this:

And that makes the text too big to fit in the window, and for some reason the width of the game name section keeps resetting to the default.

Carnivorous wrote:
I do not use Windows 10 - so I don't know why the interface is so large. Perhaps set your global windows DPI to 100%.

Yeah that would fix it, just unfortunately no way to do it per application so its just an extra hassle.

Also do you have a patreon? I'd like to pay you for your work haha

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote Back to top

Xii-Nyth wrote:
This example in particular happens on the original hardware so if its not the expected behaviour I'll have to go work it out on the gliden64 page.

This does not happen if you use the default settings, with the default plugins included with 1964 [example]. If you still have these issues with a clean install of 1964 then I'm unable to help, sorry.

Xii-Nyth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Xii-Nyth wrote:

This does not happen if you use the default settings, with the default plugins included with 1964 [example]. If you still have these issues with a clean install of 1964 then I'm unable to help, sorry.

Oh yeah it seems to have fixed it and you cant even select high res just like how you cant select reverse pitch.

Ok kept changing stuff till i messed it up to find out what causes it. It was n64 style mip mapping again, which is odd since that's not far away and on my n64 its related to the resolution setting. Turns out though that at some point laser sights worked without it so no need to turn this on anymore so that also solves the other issue.

Now just to figure out the depth buffer stuff, I asked about it before but didnt know about the slayer "issue" then.

Thanks! cya

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depth buffer is cleared in various part of the rendering pipeline unlike GE - it's intentional. Reshade may have issues with framebuffer effects but that may be worth making an issue on GLideN64's github page.

Xii-Nyth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Depth buffer thing Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Depth buffer is cleared in various part of the rendering pipeline unlike GE - it's intentional. Reshade may have issues with framebuffer effects but that may be worth making an issue on GLideN64's github page.

Oh yeah I'm familiar with this. I'm actually taking full advantage of this since its the only game with such a unique depth buffer access, so I'm able to make very strong effects which only make sense to be on metal object and would make the majority of the scene look bad (and have a much larger performance hit).

Its obviously considered better to have full access normally, but I'm hoping to convince gonetz to make it so the slayer's fly by wire camera works the same way as the normal ones rather than the cutscene ones. Even though it only is of benefit to me I'm hoping to use consistency as an excuse because its the only time it works like this during actual gameplay.

Xii-Nyth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Is the slayer supposed to be irresponsive like this? Reply with quote Back to top

https://mega.nz/file/Y0oAnKiY#SttjY4-Rg-5sObKvDek8-nQSMaaieEbEcrhH6jtLD8U

As you can see it does not respond to flicks at all like a normal weapon and the angles are very spaced out (that might be on the n64 as well I just never noticed bc the framerate and controller)

Xii-Nyth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Borderless Reply with quote Back to top

Trickle wrote:
I'm really excited to share this. Apparently, Borderless Gaming has an option for "Adjust Windows bounds" and I never realized it. The two screenshots below are in windowed mode, but with Borderless Gaming applied.

I realize there is a borderless mode in the modified emulator now, but there are benefits to using the Borderless Gaming application.

- No screen tearing and you still can get max fps
- Your desktop refresh rate stays the same
- applications appear to run faster than builtin borderless modes, though this could just be a placebo

The vsync like behaviour is a result of the compositing window manager which Win10 provides by default. Any windowed application is basically vsynced, provided you have a good video card. But yeah, it's only $3.99 on Steam. But you can get a free version here:

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

For my overscan in the GLideN64 video settings, I have 12U, 13L, 20R, and 17D.

For Adjust Windows bounds in Borderless Gaming, I have 0L, 0R, -46T, and 23B.

These settings will hide the toolbars at the top and the black bar at the bottom for a perfect full image.

Smile

Thanks for sharing, been using borderless minecraft since every second release of obs can't capture the fullscreen properly, but for other applications the best I knew of was to change the height and font size of the top bar by editing a registry entry. I've been a fan of limiting fps for free vsync on non freesync monitors but certain games like csgo don't work with rivatuner, and the built in ones are garbage and hurt performance. (also the one built into nvidia drivers had the same issue and even caused crashes in certain games in the past)

Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: 51 pages Omg huh to read Reply with quote Back to top

I think I need to read all the threads in here an take notes an all. What a spy huh joking.
I need learn somehow this cya...

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Is the slayer supposed to be irresponsive like this? Reply with quote Back to top

Xii-Nyth wrote:

As you can see it does not respond to flicks at all like a normal weapon and the angles are very spaced out (that might be on the n64 as well I just never noticed bc the framerate and controller)

Can you please confirm if this is still an issue with using a clean install and default settings.

Xii-Nyth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the slayer supposed to be irresponsive like this? Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Xii-Nyth wrote:

Can you please confirm if this is still an issue with using a clean install and default settings.

Hmm it seems to be caused by a bluetooth wireless mouse (m720 triathlon). Can't explain why this only happens with the slayer.

Other things I can't explain is why on one out of 7 computers I've used 1964 on the font face in certain windows changed to that of ms dos I think.
https://imgur.com/a/N7eazkC

of coarse the one time I needed to use jabo to show a wireframe to make a joke to my girlfriend about how the n64 only has triangles the advanced settings tab got cut off. and jabos has no config and I had no way of editing the precompiled dll

I even tried changing the font in windows with a registry edit, using a tool to change the size of font and padding of pop up windows, as well as resizing the window. Managed to resize it once but just added empty space.

However during this I found the old 1964 gepd from reddit in 2015 had an editable sized window by dragging the corner, and then later that the new one has that and the column widths in the cfg. So I was able to fix that other problem I had earlier by changing the column width and windows size then setting the cfg as read only. Very Happy

Also have you considered including your xbla audio patch in the bundle? Just found out about it yesterday and been using this for years

Xii-Nyth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Follow up on the rom description Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:

The description for Perfect Dark Rev A ROM implies this version of 1964 is from over a year ago. If this is a new install then you downloaded 1964 from the wrong github repo, or from a mirror that I have zero involvement with. Please redownload 1964 from the link in the first post and see if this resolves your issue.

I just grabbed the new release you put up to test if that fixed the issue with that other mouse, checked the 1964.ini and this is what they have the description set to.

Xii-Nyth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject: new buffering seems good Reply with quote Back to top

It seems to have mostly fixed the issue, its a little noticeably not as fluent though

It is now the exact same as with my wired mouse so it got a little worse on the wired mouse. Good enough for a guided explosive though.

If you really want you could have a button to select which one to use, with the default as the new one so it always works for people who don't change stuff.

Thanks Very Happy

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
It seems to have mostly fixed the issue, its a little noticeably not as fluent though

Thanks.

Mega_Zamboni
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:07 am    Post subject: I do hate your new avatar though... Reply with quote Back to top

Just posting to say I love you. Been following this for years, Carnivorous.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53

Jump to: