ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Help Creating Perfect Dark AA Patches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OlivusPrime
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Help Creating Perfect Dark AA Patches Reply with quote Back to top

I've gotten to a point where I'm driving myself crazy going around in circles on this, and was wondering if some more seasoned hackers can help.

I'm trying to find a way of creating patches to remove Perfect Dark's (and by extension GoldenEye X's) anti-aliasing filters, for both PAL and NTSC.

I have the Gameshark codes to do so, but I can't for the life of me find a way to create patches from them. I've tried Triclon's Gameshark patcher and the N64 version of Game Genie Guy, but both fail, apparently on account of Perfect Dark having more advanced Gameshark protection than most N64 games.

I know it's possible to create a patch like this, as acceptable67 provided a similar patch using incorrect Gameshark codes here. Naturally though they're no longer around to answer how they did this, and comparing a patched ROM to a vanilla one yielded no explanations.

Anyone have any further suggestions or miracle cures?

Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi why do removing, that Speed the game up more? Or make it look better.
Well, like you said, I was at my wit's end trying to beat get all the cheats of PD, spent alot $ doing it to on my N64 Ntsc game. So I got a New, Everdrive X7 month ago. That helped me.... Alot to play the Ver.1.1 Rom an a cool guy here, helped me with his Enable code. That worked good.
So I'm just saying what I been thru. I bought 2 ver. Of Game Shark,an non got past the, Expansion pak, for Joe Solo missions.
So he'll an got the Everdrive.

OlivusPrime
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A bit of both... Removing anti-aliasing boosts the game's frame rate and (in my view) makes it look better. Of course the latter is subjective, because some people like how the N64's anti-aliasing softens edges and removes dithering, but for me the frame rate improvement is worth it and I'm used to sharp pixels and dithering from the PlayStation anyway.

I have an Everdrive X7, which is how I've tested my codes and run the game up until now, but I'm interested in creating my own custom cartridge of what I feel is my definitive Perfect Dark experience on console, hence why I'd like to create a patch for these codes, rather than relying on a Gameshark device or flashcart.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: