ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
HackBond wrote:
Values are now completely different (it is using the next IDs (0001 Glass Shatter) original values)

Isn't that because those UP/DN buttons are intended for moving the current sound to a different entry? I remember clicking that on accident once and being confused by the sounds being jumbled around. (Though, I think a copy-paste function would be easier to manage)

Ah, I figured it was for just going through each entry rather than moving the entry up or down. Thanks for the clarification.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question about the AI Path Network editing, as I'm not actually sure if it checks this or not. It does look to see if the sets are connected both ways (set 00 -> 01, and 01 -> 00), but does it also check for each pad? I prefer to make these sets manually using Notepad, and there are times where I have accidentally forgot to link certain pads both ways (like pad 0067 -> 0069, and 0069 -> 0067). This may lead to crashing when a character reaches the area.
Does it check these? I'm not sure that it does, since I have had issues in the past, that I need to identify and correct by looking through the text file.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems to do some kind of check (on save of setup file). Do you have an example that is not checking right?

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've a little feature request! I've been working on a "cartoon mod" for Goldeneye (well it was Perfect Dark) and so I've been zealously bashing 64x64 textures on models. Of course these have no mipmaps.

To display correctly as an object, or character, or character head, I need to go into the model and set "no mipmaps" on for every single texture that I use which is 64x64. Would it be possible for the editor to detect that the texture has no mips when importing an object, or possibly add another pragma so I can save myself some legwork while iterating with things?

Cheers!

Also: Loving that addition of "save project and inject into rom" which has become something I'm using a lot now!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It should already? If it exceeds the size plus mipmap I thought.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, it doesn't seem to be working as such, so I've still got to go through and set them all correctly with each import.

I also can't seem to get images to work as I had taken a simple screen grab showing that the imported model hadn't had it correctly set (but I figure you know what that looks like!).[/img]

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do we know where the POV height for the mission character is stored? We can modify the Tiny Bond cheat option height, but not the default one. If you make your starring character short, the intro swirl wants to complete above their head. This might be a nice option to add to the Game Configuration menu, perhaps in Model Details under the "Cuffs" section, for anyone who is working on a mod that features a playable character who is taller or shorter than Bond.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Do we know where the POV height for the mission character is stored? We can modify the Tiny Bond cheat option height, but not the default one. If you make your starring character short, the intro swirl wants to complete above their head. This might be a nice option to add to the Game Configuration menu, perhaps in Model Details under the "Cuffs" section, for anyone who is working on a mod that features a playable character who is taller or shorter than Bond.

That stupid Mario Bros. fan (name's based off a series on YouTube) lists this for the Mario Characters mod:

"Custom POV for Single Player by Carnivorous"

Sounds like that former-snake-now-GrubHub-guy-eating-a-burger has the answer to this riddle.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
Wreck wrote:

That stupid Mario Bros. fan (name's based off a series on YouTube) lists this for the Mario Characters mod:

"Custom POV for Single Player by Carnivorous"

Sounds like that former-snake-now-GrubHub-guy-eating-a-burger has the answer to this riddle.

An old message in the Vault discord revealed the location of the POV for the single player characters, thanks to CrashOverride for posting it and 00action for digging it up

Quote:
GE Singleplayer POV is at 800552FC, or 3456C if looking at 21990 in a hex editor
POV is in float so you must convert it in data converter before editing
This is a master value for all characters, multiplayer POV values simply add or subtract to it.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. So you'd need to adjust the MP list accordingly, should your mod want to utilize it. A character at 1.0 would end up equal to whatever you set the master POV to, so you'd have to increase it to make them taller. 2BFE in every setup to set it might allow more flexibility, but that would need testing. Thanks for the info, fellas.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well this is a funny coincidence, I also wanted to ask if the Single Player POV Height could be added to the Editor. Recently I went back through my old Discord messages with Carnivorous to find the info on the POV Height (same as what was previously posted) and I've been using that RAM address with the Memory Peek/Poke function in the Footsteps Patch.

There's a few more things I want to test later today, so I'll make a separate post about the POV Height sometime today or tomorrow as it isn't a request/bug with the Editor.

A bug/question I do have is regarding the Data Extension feature, is the Gun Chunk Extension option cut off or can you only rename the file? If there's supposed to be a scroll option, it's not showing up for me.

Also, can anyone here reupload the Sample Name text files? The links I found on the forums are broken since the GoldenEye Vault we know is gone.

SubDrag wrote:
Sample Guard: http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/guardnamesfile.txt
Sample Object: http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/objectnamesfile.txt

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Sub, got a video of what I was talking about before with setting the mipmaps on models. Hopefully this explains better than I could how I'd like to ask if there's a way to set the mipping on model surfaces when there's a texture that has no mipmaps Smile

https://youtu.be/NntubFZFd3Y

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if that texture qualifies but can you post the sample files

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Given the cartoon nature of Dark Noon I've found that I can really get away with 64x64 4-bit textures such as this one:
https://ibb.co/Sv7SgnR

I understand they cannot have mipmaps, and the editor treats them as such. It's these such textures that I've got to turn the mips off on models with, and it's a pretty constant task that I'd really appreciate getting automated Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't pretty much everything in characters not normally mipmap? Like heads are 32 x 64 CI8 which shouldn't mipmap either. But they never turn on the no mipmap command, just normal. I'm assuming that's why the editor does it this way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 94 of 107

Jump to: