ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Blender to GoldenEye video tutorials

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Blender to GoldenEye video tutorials Reply with quote Back to top

https://youtu.be/nadUDD0KHkk

I have been wanting to do this for awhile. This is a link to the first a short series that I am making.

These videos could be better but they should be a good starting point with people who are just starting out with Blender and want to import a custom map into GoldenEye.

I found a microphone and planned to do a voiceover but the amount of editing on the third video and the sheer number of false starts was taking ages to complete.

The first video is about setting things up in Blender and installing the GE obj add-on.

The second video detours slightly and talks about where I am getting my measurements from that we will use to create our simple map.

The third video we get down to business to model the map. I am mostly proud of this one because I put a ton of effort to edit and annotate it. My main qualm is I should have captured the video at a higher frame rate.

I don't have the forth video made, but that will deal with texturing our model.

The fifth will deal with splitting our map into two rooms and creating portals / clipping.

The sixth video, exporting the obj files.

The seventh video will be importing into the setup editor.

Unfortunately the time I have to do all this is very limited. During this past year we had moved... Twice. Got a new job. Everything is different and so these videos will come in at a snail's pace I am afraid.

Please provide feedback.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These are a couple videos I did privately for some people asking for help since I have yet to finish the series. I have a map I promised someone i would finish and it is taking me much longer than I originally though.

These two videos collectively together fill in the gaps.

I hope people find these useful until I can get them done proper

https://youtu.be/BA5Pkts62es

https://youtu.be/n2lQyikGoJg

One of the videos I make a simple map and texture it. I also show how to use pins. There was supposed to be audio, but I accidently had the mic off so I had to explain the steps in a private DM.

The other video shows a quick map, but it has slightly more complex geometry. The purpose of that one was show a workflow on how to divide a map and the create portals and clipping. I only show making one portal here and I will possibly append to the video of me doing the rest, but I do show clipping and dividing the map in its entirety and showing how to stick those parts into different layers. Which is important when it comes to exporting the map, clipping and portals.

NightSkiesPony
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: the videos are no longer available Reply with quote Back to top

the videos are no longer available

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: the videos are no longer available Reply with quote Back to top

NightSkiesPony wrote:
the videos are no longer available

Loofa deleted their youtube channel, sucks but I don't think the videos coming back any time soon.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Florance Y
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: the videos are no longer available Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond wrote:
NightSkiesPony wrote:
the videos about phen24 reviews are here and are no longer available

Loofa deleted their youtube channel, sucks but I don't think the videos coming back any time soon.

How come you are so certain of it? That the old videos will be come back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: