ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fixed position for Skedar columns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCJHKU
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject: Fixed position for Skedar columns Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all,

Is there a code to de-randomize the pillars on Skedar Ruins so that you always have to throw the r-tracker on the same pillars each time?

These are three I'm trying to force the level to load each time:

https://ibb.co/2j2CyDw

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Might be impossible to do with a simple GameShark. I came up with a clever solution to rewrite the action block while the mission is loading, but the memory address changed as soon as I loaded it a second time. This can be an easy ROM hack, but a GameShark hack would have to be something outside of the box.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the memory can shift, which makes it harder to deal with using GameShark codes. Editing the setup file in ROM would be easier, but I've never looked into how they handle the props. Gotta be some randomization action block(s).

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Yeah, the memory can shift, which makes it harder to deal with using GameShark codes. Editing the setup file in ROM would be easier, but I've never looked into how they handle the props. Gotta be some randomization action block(s).

The default 16-tags are already set to the desired objects, except for one. ...huh? Oh, well, okay, all of them need editing but two, so I guess my theoretical cheat wouldn't have worked exactly perfectly. Well, still as simple as deleting the remap command in action block 1004 and properly matching up the default 16-tags in the object window.

If you want an xdelta patch, RCJHKU, l can provide one once l play test it just in case.

RCJHKU
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dang there's a lot going on. Yeah I was hoping for an easy GS solution. But yes, an xdelta patch would be great whenever you have a chance. Thanks!

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RCJHKU wrote:
Dang there's a lot going on. Yeah I was hoping for an easy GS solution. But yes, an xdelta patch would be great whenever you have a chance. Thanks!

Here it is, though I noticed I used a .v64 to make the patch, so you might need to use the editor to byte-swop a .z64 if you don't have one. As for the patch itself, I did some quick tests to be sure the objective completes and the right pillars are destroyed and all looks good. Didn't do any weird tricks, either, so should work on console.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/243267327586598912/991043348292833301/PD_SkedarPillar.xdelta

ArthurSousaScorpioStar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
RCJHKU wrote:

Here it is, though I noticed I used a phenq best price to make the patch, so you might need to use the editor to byte-swop a .z64 if you don't have one. As for the patch itself, I did some quick tests to be sure the objective completes and the right pillars are destroyed and all looks good. Didn't do any weird tricks, either, so should work on console.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/243267327586598912/991043348292833301/PD_SkedarPillar.xdelta

Ok, thanks for sharing the link with us Lazlo! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: