ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

First level too dark to see anything

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpgreg2600
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: First level too dark to see anything Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all. I downloaded the patch and got it working. I was very excited to play though the game using my Everdrive. Unfortunately, the first level is so dark, I can hardly see anything at all. It makes the level basically impossible to complete. I googled around and found lots of complaints about this issue, but no solutions. Apparently, it's OK if you play it on your PC, but not on original hardware. I have no desire to play it on my PC. Failing a solution, is there anywhere I can download a .eep save file so I can skip the level?

Thanks!!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Turn your tv brightness up

Last edited by SubDrag on Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just tested the first stage on my own TV and have no such issues, but I'm not using a CRT if you are.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As has been suggested, maybe try messing with your TV settings. Brightness, contrast, preset modes, etc. Once you pass the mission, reset it to whatever you had it on previously.

Fog often appears thicker on console, and it does affect some other custom missions that have been released over the years. It is just that this level has a black sky, and is largely exterior, that it can make it difficult to see at a distance. But it also helps performance, by limiting how much you can see.

rpgreg2600
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys. I already tried adjusting the brightness with no luck, which was exactly the same issue I read about when I googled about it. I'm playing it on a modern TV.

rpgreg2600
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I'm a dummy. I went to my advanced display settings and found an adjustment for black level. Turning that all the way up made everything visible! Yay!

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rpgreg2600 wrote:
Alright, I'm a dummy. I went to my advanced display settings and found an adjustment for black level. Turning that all the way up made everything visible! Yay!

I'm glad you found a solution

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

rpgreg2600
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond wrote:
rpgreg2600 wrote:

I'm glad you found a solution

Thanks!!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After you complete the first level, it should be smooth sailing from there on. Hope you enjoy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: