ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're not really wrong, but this thread has been pretty accommodating. I think we're a little more laid back than many other forums, which tend to take themselves too seriously. This is a thread focusing on Editor requests, suggestions, and bug reports. New user forgiveness and all that.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I am thinking about it, the Editor doesn't seem to be stopping the user from adding too many files into the main list (setups, text, stans, BG, models). I can't recall the max, but I think it is around 0x2DC? We looked into it before. Unless somehow it can now support more?

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used Wreck's tutorial to get some additional Level IDs to work and while they're fine in-game, the "Edit in Visual Editor" Buttons for the Game Configuration window are unavaliable for them despite having the required Files in the rom. There's also a few normal Levels that only have one of the two buttons avaliable.

Would it be possible to add support for the following Levels?

0B - Complex
Level ID: 1F
Solo
12 - Temple
Level ID: 26
Solo
14 - Citadel
Level ID: 28
Multi
16 - sho
Level ID: 2A
Solo & Multi
18 - eld
Level ID: 2C
Solo & Multi
19 - Basement
Level ID: 2D
Solo
1A - Stack
Level ID: 2E
Solo
1B - lue
Level ID: 2F
Solo & Multi
1C - Library
Level ID: 30
Solo
1D - rit
Level ID: 31
Solo & Multi
1E - Caves
Level ID: 32
Solo
1F - ear
Level ID: 33
Solo & Multi
20 - lee
Level ID: 34
Solo & Multi
21 - lip
Level ID: 35
Solo & Multi
22 - Cuba
Level ID: 36
Multi
23 - wax
Level ID: 37
Solo & Multi
24 - pam
Level ID: 38
Solo & Multi
25 - x
Level ID: 39, 15 if Alt Method
Solo & Multi

I'm not sure how the feature works so I included the Level IDs too just in case. If they are important, the Tutorial included 2 methods for x meaning there's 2 possible Level IDs people can use so both would need to be accounted for.

Similarly the Text Editor does not support the Text Files for the following Text Banks:

00 LxE
Text Bank: 00, technically Nothing but works so the Tutorial uses it for x
0F LearE
Text Bank: 3C
10 LeldE
Text Bank: 40
13 LleeE
Text Bank: 4C
15 LlipE
Text Bank: 54
16 LlueE
Text Bank: 58
18 LpamE
Text Bank: 60
1B LritE
Text Bank: 6C
25 LwaxE
Text Bank: 94

LameE, LashE, LcatE, LdishE, LimpE, LoatE, LrefE and LshoE are already supported, the Text Editor just doesn't show them until they have Text Entries which can be done by replacing them with another Level's Text File.

The current work around I have is to temporarily switch the Setup, BG & Clipping Files and then use the "Edit in Visual Editor" Buttons before they update. For Text Files I use a different Level's Text File, then Hex Edit the Setup File to use the correct Text Bank.
Doable but it would be great to be able to edit these like other Levels.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
While I am thinking about it, the Editor doesn't seem to be stopping the user from adding too many files into the main list (setups, text, stans, BG, models). I can't recall the max, but I think it is around 0x2DC? We looked into it before. Unless somehow it can now support more?

I think one of Zoinkity's mod enhanced it by a couple values in GF64. I didn't limit it just in case, but yeah there is a hard limit.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the extra levels, the problem is that it uses the main set of levels really, that you see in File->Open/Save, etc. It's not trivial to try and make this actually work for real. Hopefully the workarounds aren't too bad.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD question, I'm not sure if I'm missing something so I'm asking here.

Is there a way to view how the hands and weapons are positioned visually? I'm not sure what piece of positional data is what in relation to the hand and weapon so it would be nice to be able to see how these things come together to create what I see in game (like the timed mine being at an angle and the right hand gripping it)

EDIT: Another thing, I've noticed I can select Pads and manipulate them all at the same time, but I cannot do that with Cover Pads. For example, if I select several regular pads and raise their height, they all move. I do this with Cover Pads and it'll revert my selection to the one I'm attempting the manipulation on instead of the several I had selected.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The animation editor may help for weapons, maybe. See how things fit together in hand during gameplay, as various parts are manipulated.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The animation editor may help for weapons, maybe. See how things fit together in hand during gameplay, as various parts are manipulated.

You're right, thanks Wreck. The Animation Editor does show me how each part is positioned in the weapon. Don't know why I overlooked that.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond wrote:

EDIT: Another thing, I've noticed I can select Pads and manipulate them all at the same time, but I cannot do that with Cover Pads. For example, if I select several regular pads and raise their height, they all move. I do this with Cover Pads and it'll revert my selection to the one I'm attempting the manipulation on instead of the several I had selected.

I hold shift and I can move them up together. I guess for some reason cover pads require shift...ok yeah, eventually get around to that. Hold shift for now.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
HackBond wrote:

I hold shift and I can move them up together. I guess for some reason cover pads require shift...ok yeah, eventually get around to that. Hold shift for now.

Thank you for the work-around for now.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gidday Sub, I'm back, with more annoying requests! In the export animations for weapons from PD we've currently got the ability to "Export hands instead", so would it be possible to add an option to export hands and the model? Essentially I'm trying to find lots of ways to make things more streamlined Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Gidday Sub, I'm back, with more annoying requests! In the export animations for weapons from PD we've currently got the ability to "Export hands instead", so would it be possible to add an option to export hands and the model? Essentially I'm trying to find lots of ways to make things more streamlined Smile

The parts and joints conflict and don't always number the same, just wasn't really trivial. Just import one then the other into your modeling tool.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I figured it'd be something like that - I will keep finding a way to make it work! I will add that putting in that reference pose has been instrumental for me when it comes to making new animations for firearms.

So I've got a new question, and this is probably one of those "that's far too difficult" ones also.

I've been getting my teeth into making new/modified weapons as part of Dark Noon and have found that the editor handles things amazingly well, but the engine appears to still have a handful of hardcoded stuff under the surface that's been thwarting me a little. One such thing seems to be the "Function Type" flags under the Gun Functions (Weapons 2, Game Config) for firing the weapons. In the case of the different firearms 0101 will classify it as a fully automatic firearm, and 0001 as a single-shot style gun. These flags cannot be edited, and I figure that's probably because it's too difficult?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Changing type also changes block size / format. Some more than others. I think 0101 includes additional floats for firing speeds, which 0001 does not feature. If you find it in an exported 39850 file, you could edit it, and reimport. Can't remember if everything else between those two types match up. My documentation for weapons may be in a private area.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a reason why the PD Action Blocks window is taller than the GE one? I have been using my TV for this stuff lately, and even on the highest resolution setting, I cannot see the bottom portion that has useful functions. The GE side is fine, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 99 of 107

Jump to: