ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

TWINE N64 Hack
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to revive old thread but has anyone came up with an ips/delta patch that unlockes all Multi in TWINE and makes everyone evil?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did make notes on the MP character roster a few months back. Was planning on having a patch for the evil thing. Just need to get back to it. I'm not sure how the levels work, but maybe that can be sorted out and included.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be amazing! What a poor game design decision by EA. Lol Thanks Wreck for the response!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

killedbyurmom wrote:
That would be amazing! What a poor game design decision by EA. Lol Thanks Wreck for the response!

Electronic Arts have many faults, but TWINE's problems aren't down to them (for once!).

Two of the people who worked on TWINE used to post on the Gamefaqs forums, one was a games designer, the other a programmer, and they said the following (though this is in my own words, of course, as I never kept a copy of their posts).

The James Bond gaming license wasn't worth much, commercially, when Nintendo acquired the rights to make a game based on the film Goldeneye, as until then the games had mostly been at best mediocre. Then Goldeneye 64 was released, and it was superb, helping to sell the N64, and becoming one of the most popular and beloved video games of all time.

Goldeneye's quality and success meant that the Jame's Bond games licence now worth much more, and so MGM (or whoever owned the Jame's Bond rights, I can't remember what it said in the original post) suddenly became much more concerned about how the license was used.

So MGM insisted that EA's new game (TWINE) did not have cheats, because they didn't want to associate Bond with cheating, that Bond wasn't shown dying, that there was no blood, that good characters could not kill good characters, and probably more stupid rules that I can't remember at the moment. Basically, MGM wanted the new Bond game to be 'clean' and wholesome.

Also, when Nintendo hired the rights to make a game based around the film Goldeneye, since MGM didn't value the Bond games license much, Nintendo got an all-in-one deal, meaning that the new game (Goldeneye 64) could use the traditional Bond theme tune, and the traditional Bond-walks-on-and-shoots-the-gun-barrel opening, but after Goldeneye, MGM wised up, and offered the music and opening scene separately, meaning that if EA wanted them, then EA would have to pay more money. EA didn't pay more, so TWINE has no traditional opening scene, or the traditional Bond theme music.

I think there was more, but this is all I can remember now. And maybe MGM later relaxed some of these restrictions, for money or just for free, I don't know. And everything I've written here is from memory, so I might be wrong about some points, I don't know.

Basically, though, for once EA can't be blamed for a game's faults.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, their control ended up doing far more harm than good. Whenever you inject too much "realism" into a videogame, it can hinder the fun. And at the end of the day, fun is what matters most. Plus, it is only a game. You'd think replicating what made GoldenEye so good would be wise, as that sold so many copies. Why deviate so?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, if I remember correctly, the reason you can't play as the character 'Q' in multiplayer is because the actor who portrayed him in the films, Desmond Llewelyn, sadly passed away whilst the game was being made.

I don't know if it was MGM, or Electronic Arts, or someone on the team who was developing the game who decided to leave his character out of the multiplayer, out of respect, but you can still play him if you have a Gameshark-type device, using the correct codes.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Smile Behind the scenes information is always very intriguing. What in the world, MGM? I guess hindsight is 20/20 as they say. I have a physical copy of TWINE and I keep a Gameshark so I can play all the characters in multi. Thats why a hack would be beneficial so we could just pull it up on an older Everdrive without forking out over 200.00 for a newer x7 Everdrive that supports 5000 codes.

I always remembered Q in the multi but thats because the Gameshark I suppose.

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't you mean Algernon, the stocky man from Never Say Never Again with blonde hair who wears glasses?

After Desmond Llewelyn's death, they used Algernon's likeness from NSNA for TWINE 64 to replace the now deceased Llewelyn's likeness. I'm sure that there is some way that could make Algernon/Q playable for MP...

...Also, my husband sells propane and propane accessories.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just checked...I was wrong. They use "R" to replace "Q"...they look suspiciously the same though Smile

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone come up with an "all characters evil" hack yet in multiplayer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: